Get to know member of ZE:A Hee-chul!
Although in recent times, Jung Hee-chul is known as an actor and model, he was first known as a lead rapper and a vocalist of the K-Pop boy group ZE:A. He is the second last member to join ZE:A and made his debut with the group on January 7th, 2010, with the debut single album titled Nativity and the lead single “Mazeltov.”
Curious to know more about Heechul’s profile? Scroll down this article below to find your answers!
Stage Name: Heechul
Birth Name: Jung Hee-chul (정희철)
Position: Lead Rapper, Vocalist
Birthday: December 9th, 1989
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Height: 177 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 58 kg (127 lbs)
Blood Type: B
- Jeju, South Korea, is his birthplace
- He has two younger brothers named Heejun and Heemang
- He studied at Korea National University of Arts
- He is the second last member to join ZE: AZE:A
- Mr. Grumpy is his nickname
- Playing the trumpet is one of his specialties
- Watching movies, playing squash, soccer, and playing video games are a few of his hobbies
- He is part of two ZE:A subunits: ZE:A 4U, (alongside members Lee Hoo, Kwanghee, and Taeheon) and ZE:A J (alongside members Kevin and Dongjun)
- He revealed that his personality is shy
- He has two personalities: if he is off-stage and off-camera, he is shy, but if he’s in front of the camera, he’s hyperactive
- He is said to resemble Super Junior’s Ryeowook
- At first glance, Heechul looks like a vampire who is pale, cold, and very white
- Heechul has the best skin among the ZE:A members
- He likes cats
- He likes a face that resembles a cat
- He has bad sleeping habits
- He said that he has never watched porn
- He debuted as an actor in 2014 with the drama Doll’s House
- He was a cast in a musical titled Lunatic Dream Team, which made him the first member of ZE:A to be involved in a musical
- He’s the member who likes doing skinship the most with the other members and he often does skinship with Dongjun, Siwan, Kevin, and Hyungsik
- He is proud to be the only member in the group who came from Jeju Island
- Once he was crying throughout the day because he was caught smoking and scolded by the Star Empire
- He didn’t believe in love and relationships when he was working in the entertainment world
- He wants to get married after his contract as an artist expires
- At first, Junyoung thought he was a player
- His ideal type is a sexy and cheerful girl, a girl who wears white clothes on a rainy day
- He named Jessica Jung (ex-SNSD) as his ideal type
- For a girlfriend, he likes women who can speak other languages
- For a wife, he likes a kind and smart woman, can cook well, has calm thoughts, and can understand him very well
- He enlisted in the military in June 2017
Member of boy group ZE:A
Heechul kicked off his idol journey as he was introduced as a member of the idol group ZE:A, formerly known as Child of Empire. He was the second last member to be introduced in the group by Star Empire Entertainment alongside the eight other members: Kevin, Kwanghee, Siwan, Leehoo, Taeheon, Minwoo, Hyungsik, and Dongjun. The group debuted with the song “Mazeltov” from the first single album Nativity, which was released on January 7th, 2010. In the group, he filled the position as a lead rapper and a vocalist.
Their first single, “Mazeltov,” hit a mainstream success as it sold fast and managed to occupy the first position on almost all song dates on the same day as its release.
The song has an energetic beat and hype-up lyrics which included call-to-action phrases like:
Get get get, live it up
Jump up jump up jump up jump up, Oh
Jump up jump up jump up jump up, Hoo
Jump up jump up jump up jump up
Jump up jump up jump up, Break it dancing
The group made their stage debut on January 15th through the broadcast of the KBS Music Bank.
As the group caught the public’s attention with their debut song, they also managed to become one of the popular 2nd generation boy groups back then as they released more and more songs and appeared on TV regularly. Not only the group worked well together, but they were also famous individually. That also included Hee-chul who is also known as an actor as he had already acted in a drama and a musical.
In total, ZE:A released two studio albums, one best album, two mini-albums, and four single albums. All of these gained a relatively good response from fans. Up until now, fans are still waiting for their comeback together as a group even though each one of the members has begun pursuing a variety of activities by themselves.
Part of a ZE:A Subunit
ZE:A 4U itself was formed in April 2013 and is the second subunit of ZE:A after ZE:A Five. The subunit was composed of four ZE:A members: Junyoung, Kwanghee, Heechul, and Taeheon.
They released a debut single titled “Oops~Apusa~” on June 17th, 2013.
Aside from that, Heechul also joined ZE:A’s third subunit, ZE:A J, alongside four other members: Kevin, Taeheon, Heechul, and Dongjun. They released a single titled “Roulette” on January 21st, 2015. Other than that, the group also released a few Japanese and Chinese singles.
We have reached the end of our detailed rundown about one of the ZE:A members—Hee-chul! What are your thoughts about him? Kindly share your opinion with us by commenting in the box below!