Get to know ZE:A member Min-woo
As we got to know the profile of ZE:A (also known as Children of Empire), a K-Pop group formed by Star Empire Entertainment, from another article, our rundown would not be complete if we don’t also get to know the profile of the group’s main dancer, rapper, and vocalist aka Ha Min-woo.
Curious to know more about this idol? Scroll down this article below and find out for yourself!
Stage Name: Minwoo
Real Name: Ha Min-woo (하민우)
Position: Main Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist
Birthday: September 6th, 1990
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 54 kg (119 lbs)
Blood Type: B
- Yangsan, South Korea, is his birthplace
- He has one sibling (an older sister named Ahra)
- He comes from a simple family
- He studied at Digital Seoul Culture Arts University
- Shopping, cooking, and listening to music are some of his hobbies
- He used to be a part of the Japanese project group called 3Peace Lovers alongside two Japanese celebrities, Nikaido Hayato and Sasake Yoshihide back in 2012
- In ZE:A, he also occupied a position in two of its subunit: ZE:A FIVE (along with Siwan, Hyungsik, Kevin, Minwoo, and Dongjun) and ZE:A J (alongside Kevin, Taeheon, Heechul, Minwoo, and Dongjun)
- His lips are said to be sexy and resembling Angelina Jolie’s
- He contributed to some of the dance moves in ZE:A’s songs
- He can do acrobatics
- He is often seen wearing a hat
- He is the member who is really easy to be made to cry and who is the easiest to be tricked (as can be seen from several events, he is the one who got cheated a lot)
- Good cheekbones are his special features
- He is said to resemble SHINee’s Taemin
- He passed the audition at JYP Entertainment, but in the end, he chose to stay at Star Empire because of Junyoung
- He is the dance machine and the cry baby of ZE:A
- He won the top award at the Yangsan Dance Festival
- He may be full of charisma when performing on stage, but he’s actually really shy
- After he once helped his aunt with a part-time job at night he found it really hard. He learned to value money more
- Junyoung is his favorite hyung in the group
- According to Heechul, he is an interesting person
- He thought what made him attractive was his dancing
- He said that if he wasn’t a singer, he would be a dance instructor
- He likes to hide the bread in his pocket
- He really likes it when fans say ‘hwaiting!’ or encourage him
- He doesn’t mind if fans ask to hug him
- He wants to get a gift of clothes
- His smile is his personal charm
- He feels lucky to be able to join ZE:A
- He is a fan of T-ARA’s Jiyeon
- On September 15th, 2015, he enlisted in the military and later was discharged on June 14th, 2017
- His ideal type is a girl that knows how to take care of herself and who has a pretty smile
- He likes a girl that makes a big impression
- He doesn’t mind having an older girlfriend
- He likes women who have dreams
- He once said in an interview on a news show regarding ZE:A’s debut song, “After receiving this song, my mental was ruined so I secretly wiped away tears at the music video set.”
- His favorite motto is “Don’t regret life!”
Member of boy group ZE:A
Min-woo started his career as a member of the idol group ZE:A. In the group, he filled the position of the main dancer, rapper, and vocalist.
The group started their career with a debut appearance on the TV program Mnet’s Office Reality under the name Child of Empire. Because of this performance, a lot of attention came from new fans who made a UCC (a type of YouTube) video of their performance.
After that, they then changed the group name to ZE:A. This name briefly caused controversy because it was similar to the stage name of Brown Eyed Girls member JeA.
On January 7th, 2010, Min-woo finally debuted with ZE:A by releasing their debut single album titled Nativity with “Mazeltov” as the lead single. “Mazeltov” was an instant boom as it hit in the market and managed to occupy the first position on almost all song charts on the same day as its release.
ZE:A established their position as one of the solid K-Pop boy groups in the 2nd generation as they were nominated for several awards including the 2010 Mnet Music Awards’ Best New Artist upon their debut.
The success they got from this debut album opened wide the doors of opportunity for ZE:A to make their overseas debut and gain further success. In total, they have released two studio albums, one best album, two mini-albums, and four single albums. All of it gained a relatively good response from fans.
Minwoo is probably one of the most active members of ZE:A for releasing his solo music. After two years of a gap in which he enlisted in the military from September 15th, 2015, to June 14th, 2017, he surprised fans by suddenly dropping a teaser picture through his personal Instagram and announcing that he soon would be releasing a solo album.
Prior to his debut album release, he had released a digital single titled “See You” back in 2017. His first album, The Rosso, was finally released on January 9th, 2018. There are a total of seven tracks in the album, in which he decided to make “Trouble” (feat. Youngslow) the leading track. As the news of his solo debut traveled fast, fans were excited to see his comeback after two years of hiatus.
One month later, Minwoo took fans by surprise again as he announced his first solo fan promotional poster in Korea after he canceled his fan meeting activity in Japan due to the visa problem. The event was held on March 24th, 2018, at the Ilchi Art Hall in Seoul, Apgujeong. The event was filled with performances of his songs. And on top of that, fellow ZE:A member Taeheon even voluntarily became the MC of the show.
One year later, Minwoo returned with a second solo album titled The Tempo, which was released on October 2nd, 2019. A total of seven tracks are included in this album, with “Let Me Love U” (feat Lee Youngji) taking the position of a lead track.
Same as the first album, Minwoo also held a showcase to celebrate the release of his mini-album at the concert hall in Seogyo-dong, Seoul on the next day after the release. At the event, he showed his determination to work hard to show the members a good figure, since he was the first member of ZE:A who made a solo debut.
He also shared that it was a lot of burdens to do everything alone compared to when he was doing things with ZE:A. Comparing to the first album, which has the meaning of ‘passion’, the second album has the meaning of ‘time’. He explained regarding the title, “The album’s title was so decided in the sense of having my own time as a solo artist, not nine. In the past, I had little personal greed. I thought only for the team. Several people suffered for me. I want to reward them with activities.” He also said, “I thought a lot about my voice. I wanted to try more to be a true singer.”
According to him, it was also the first time he has released a solo album and have a good response from fans. Despite the fears that the fans will forget him after his military absence, it seems like he didn’t have to worry as his songs received quite warm responses from fans.
Part of the ZE:A subunits
On top of his solo activity and being the main dancer, rapper, and vocalist of ZE:A, Minwoo was also active in ZE:A’s subunits. Not only one, but two out of the three ZE:A subunits!
He joined as a part of ZE:A FIVE, which same as its name, consisted of five members: Siwan, Hyungsik, Kevin, Minwoo, and Dongjun. The subunit was formed in November 2012 and released an album on March 25th, 2013, titled Voulez-Vous with the title track “The Day We Broke Up.” This subunit seemed to represent the cheery and bright version of ZE:A’s usual track.
Meanwhile, Minwoo also joined ZE:A’s third subunit, ZE:A J, alongside four other members: Kevin, Taeheon, Heechul, and Dongjun. They released a single titled “Roulette” on January 21st, 2015. Aside from that, the group also released a few Japanese and Chinese singles.
Ha Minwoo’s 2020 online signing event
On November 19th, 2020, Minwoo posted on his Instagram that he will hold an online signing event for his fans. This will be the second signing event of him that is being held online this year. The tickets started to sell on November 20th, 2020.
Below is the full announcement on his Instagram:
✨HA MIN WOO 2nd ONLINE SIGNing EVENT✨
Minwoo Ha’s 2nd Online Signing Event Announcement [※ Schedule Change Announcement] In
2021, we are holding a second online signing event to spend with fans loving the upcoming New Year!
We have a variety of privileges that we can talk with through Zoom and express our gratitude to our fans, so please look forward to it and participate.●’◡’●
✔ Ticket sales: November 20th, 2020 (Fri) 12:00 ~ December 17th (Thu) 23:59
✔ Ticket deposit: From November 20th, 2020 (Fri) to December 18th (Fri), until midnight
⭐ Signing event: January 9th, 2021 (Sat), January 10th (Sun) 18:00~
※Online signing tickets are limited to 150.
(If the limited quantity is exhausted, you cannot participate, so please apply as soon as possible.)
*Purchase a signing event ticket (Star Ticket site)
🔗 www.starticket.jp For
details on the online signing
event, please click the link below❣🔗 oneworld-ent .jp
The tickets can be purchased through www.starticket.jp and www.oneworld-ent.jp.
✨HA MIN WOO 2nd 온라인사인회✨[※일정변경 재공지]
✔티켓판매: 2020.11.20(금) 12:00~12.17(목)23:59
✔티켓입금: 2020.11.20(금)~12.18(금) 자정
⭐사인회 일시 : 2021.1.9(토)/1.10(일) 18시~
— KMG (@koreamusicgroup) November 19, 2020
What do you think? Are you interested in attending the event? Or do you miss him and cannot wait for his comeback? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!