Learn More About Yoo In-na
Yoo In-na is a multi-talented Korean actress. She can act, sing, DJ, play guitar and has many more talents and skills. Even though many of her acting jobs have been in supporting roles, it doesn’t stop her from shining brighter. She’s now one of the most popular actresses in the industry, thanks to her outstanding appearance in the successful drama Goblin.
Her friendship with popular singer IU has also caught the public’s attention. How close are they? Or is Yo In-na actually dating Lee Dong-wook, her co-star in Goblin? Let’s find out!
Yoo In-na’s Profile and Career
|Name||Yo In-na / 유인나|
|Born||June 5, 1982
Seongnam, Gyeonggi, South Korea
Yoo In-na’s Career:
in 1998, at the age of 16, Yoo In-na joined an entertainment agency as an apprentice singer, and had nearly become part of a girl-group. But after 11 years and five different agencies, she couldn’t rise in prominence. Yoo In-na said she had difficulty memorizing the dance choreography required of K-pop singers, and after practicing for eight hours a day, six days a week, she resigned from becoming an idol.
She joined YG Entertainment in 2006 to pursue a career in acting. Unlike many of her friends, she didn’t give up her dream of being a part of show business in whatever capacity possible. She took up minor roles in films to gain experience and learn acting skills on the job.
- Yoo In-na first appeared to the public in 2007 through Comedy TV’s I Am Your Pet Season 1. However, she didn’t make her formal debut until 2009, in the sitcom High Kick! Through The Roof.
- She finally got her big break in 2009 with a role in the popular serial ‘High Kick! Through the Roof’ which was aired on MBC. Her performance got favorable reviews, as a result of which many more minor roles started coming her way.
- Her performance in a supporting role in the serial Secret Garden, where she appears as the lead actress’s best friend, got her the Best New Actress Award at the Baeksang Arts Awards in 2010. This was followed by her sterling performance in a supporting role in the comedy The Greatest Love, that was a hit on SBS network. In order to further promote herself, she entered the reality show Heroes as a contestant where celebrities find out how popular they actually are with their fans.
- She also entered the world of film, playing the role of Jin-jee, in the movie The Fair Love and Min-hee in the film My Black Mini Dress during the same period. Love Fiction was another of her popular movies in 2012.
- Having proved herself as a successful actress, she appeared as the MC for TV Entertainment Tonight from March 2011 to June 2012. She also took up an assignment as a DJ for KBS Cool FM’s ‘Let’s Crank Up the Volume’. The show became the most popular programme on both AM and FM radio in South Korea.
- Yoo In-na had not given up her initial dream of becoming a singer and was featured on the soundtrack of the group Humming Urban Stereo’s single titled You That Day. She went on to sing for her character in the movie My Black Mini Dress, which is about the adolescent days of four young girls. She’s also appeared in the music videos of artists like Big Bang and Brain Joo for their hit numbers Tell Me Goodbye and In My Head respectively.
- She slowly grew into a multi-talented star of the South Korean film and television industry. She got her first lead role in the serial Queen In-hyun’s Man on tvN. This was followed by her roles in the family drama You’re The Best, Lee Soon-shin and the popular romantic drama My Love from the Star.
- Her popularity soared in China, as well, and she was featured in a lead role in the Chinese romantic comedy movie Wedding Bible directed by Heo In-moo in 2014. She also acted in the romantic–mystery series called My Secret Hotel, which was a murder-mystery romance.
- Yoo In-na became a popular name on South Korean television when she hosted the show Get It Beauty, which covered the latest trends in fashion and beauty products. The manner in which she carried the show boosted sales.
- She recently starred in the television serials One More Happy Ending and Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, which have been well-received by her fans. From a child who found it difficult to learn dancing, she has proved to be a versatile actress, who is at her best in romantic-comedy roles.
Yo In-na’s Talents in Singing and Dancing
Yo In-na also has talent in dancing and singing because of her previous experience as a trainee. Here is some video of her singing and dancing.
Yo In-na was singing with Epik High in 2014 MAMA, and the audience praised her performance. The YG actress wasn’t expected to have a great voice, but she did amazingly well on stage.
Back in 2012 Yo In-na showed her great sense of rhythm by dancing on a variety show, impressing the audience on the set.
Fun Facts about Yoo In-na
- Yoo In-na was born on June 5, 1982. She is 165 cm tall and weighs 44 kg. In my opinion, this actress has a very youthful face. She can pass as cute or hot, depending on what she wears and how she acts.
- Yoo In-na likes singing, watching movies, and writing. She attended Soonae High School and, later, Kyungwon college as a department secretary.
- She spent her early years in Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. From 2012-2014, she was romantically involved with her Queen In-hyun’s Man co-star, Ji Hyun-woo.
- She got to realize another dream, that of being a disc jockey, by playing music and conducting interviews for the highly rated radio program Let’s Crank Up The Volume.
- She began her disc jockey job at the end of 2011, and within a year bumped the ratings so high that she was called the “ruler of dinner-time radio.” Listeners gave her the nickname of “ggol-dee,” short for the disc jockey with the honey-sweet voice.
- Yoo In-na looks younger than her actual age. Thanks to her youthful appearance and vivacious personality, she gets roles that might otherwise go to someone a decade younger. But then, she got a later start at acting than many other actresses, having spent so much time trying to make it as a singer.