All You Need To Know About South Korean Best Model Agency “YGK+”
YG KPlus (Korean: 케이플러스) is a model management company established by fashion-model-turned-CEO Go Eun-kyung. It is currently owned by YG Plus, a subsidiary of the South Korean entertainment company, YG Entertainment.
In February 2014, K-Plus signed a contract for a strategic partnership and share investment with the talent agency YG Entertainment, and finalized the merger with a new name,”YGKPLUS”, in September. YG actor Cha Seung-won will be training K-Plus models to become future actors. In September, 2014, top model Kang Seung-hyun signed a contract with YGKPlus. In June, 2017, for the first time in Vietnam’s Next Top Model, starting from the All-stars’ cycle onwards, the winner will receive a contract for him/her to be included in the roster list of models.
|Native Name||주식회사 와이지케이플러스 (Jusighoesa-Waijikeipeulleoseu)|
|Headquarters||Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea|
|Key people||Go Eun-Kyung (founder and chief executive officer)|
|Owner||YG Plus, Inc. (a subsidiary of YG Entertainment)|
YGKPlus Audition Information
On the official website, http://www.yg-audition.com, it was written that the last monthly audition held by YG Entertainment was held in December, 2018. YG Entertainment has not disclosed plans regarding the audition schedule for 2019.
YGKPlus Female Models
Ahn Ye-won (Produce 48 contestant)
Choi Yeon-soo (Produce 48 contestant)
YGKPlus Male Models
Jung Hyo-joon (Produce 101 Season 2 contestant)
Kim Hyun-woo (Produce 101 Season 2 contestant)
Kwon Hyun-bin (Produce 101 Season 2 contestant and member of South Korean boy group JBJ)
Actresses/Actors Under YGKPlus
Who said YG Entertainment only oversaw singers? Very wrong. YG Entertainment houses many great actors and actresses, as well.
Several years ago, Kim Hee-Ae and Kang Dong-Won moved to YG Entertainment. They were followed by Lee Sung-Kyung, Nam Joo-Hyuk, and Cha Seung-Won, who are currently known as icons of YG Entertainment.
Lee Sung-kyung was born on August 10, 1990. She’s a South Korean model and actress, known for her role in the dramas It’s Okay, That’s Love (2014), Cheese in the Trap (2016), Doctors (2016), and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo (2016).
Lee Sung-Kyung began her career in the entertainment industry with her debut as a model. She joined the 17th Korea Super Model Contest in 2008, finishing 11th, and took home the “Lex Prize”. In addition, she also received “Hair New Style Prize Unix” in the 2nd Asia-Pacific Super Model Contest in 2009, and finished 5th. In 2014, Lee Sung-Kyung became the first model to debut as an actress under a collaboration between YG Entertainment and K-Plus by becoming a supporting actor in the television drama It’s Okay, That’s Love. Then she starred in Queen’s Flower in 2015, Cheese in the Trap and Doctors in 2016. Lee Sung-Kyung got her first lead role in the drama Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo, which aired in November, 2016. In addition to acting, she also continued modeling activities in various fashion shows and starred in advertisements, as well as having guest-starred for several variety shows on television.
Lee Sung-Kyung’s Drama List
- About Time | Meomchoogo Sipeun Soongan: Eobawoottaim (tvN / 2018) – Choi Michaela
- While You Were Sleeping | Dangshini Jamdeun Saie (SBS / 2017) – woman in couple (cameo)
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo | Yeokdoyojung Kimbokjoo (MBC / 2016-2017) – Kim Bok-Joo
- Doctors (SBS / 2016) – Jin Seo-Woo
- Cheese in the Trap (tvN / 2016) – Baek In-Ha
- Flower of the Queen | Yeowangui Kkot (MBC / 2015) – Kang Yi-Sol
- It’s Ok, This is Love | Gwaenchana, Sarangiya (SBS / 2014) – Oh So-Nyeo
Nam Joo-hyuk was born on February 22, 1994, in Busan, South Korea, and later moved to Suwon. He is a model and actor from South Korea. He has starred in several dramas, such as Who Are You: School 2015 (2015) and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo (2016).
Nam Joo-hyuk started his career as a model in 2013, when he walked on the SONGZIO Homme Spring / Summer 2014 Collection runway. In 2014, he began his acting debut in the television series The Idle Mermaid. A year later, he got his first lead role in the drama Who Are You: School 2015. In 2016, he co-starred in the dramas Cheese in the Trap and Scarlet Heart: Ryeo. On June 26, 2016. Nam Joo-hyuk was chosen as a permanent member for the new season for the Three Meals a Day cooking event. In September that same year, Nam Nam Joo-hyuk was rumored to be meeting again with his labelmate and co-star from Cheese in the Trap, Lee Sung-kyung, to star in the MBC channel drama entitled Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo.
Nam Joo-Hyuk’s Drama List
- The Light in Your Eyes | Nooni Booshige (JTBC / 2019) – Lee Joon-Ha
- The Bride of Habaek | Habaekui Shinboo 2017 (tvN / 2017) – Ha Baek
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo | Yeokdoyojung Kimbokjoo (MBC / 2016-2017) – Jung Joon-Hyung
- Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo | Dalui Yeonin – Bobogyungsim Ryeo (SBS / 2016) – Wang Wook (Baek-A)
- Cheese in the Trap (tvN / 2016) – Eun-Taek
- Glamorous Temptation | Hwaryeohan Yoohok (MBC / 2015-2016) – Jin Hyung-Woo (young)
- Who Are You: School 2015 | Hooayoo- Hakgyo 2015 (KBS2 / 2015) – Han Yi-An
- Surplus Princess | Ingyeogongjoo (tvN / 2014) – Big
Jang Ki-yong was born on August 7, 1992, and is a South Korean model and actor. He is best known for his role in the KBS2 Confession Couple television series.
Jang Ki-Yong’s Drama List
- Blue Eyes (OCN / 2019) – Kim Soo-Hyun
- Come and Hug Me | Yiriwa Anajwoe (MBC / 2018) – Chae Do-Jin
- My Mister | Naui Ajusshi (tvN / 2018) – Lee Gwang-Il
- Go Back Couple | Gobaekbooboo (KBS2 / 2017) – Jung Nam-Gil
- The Liar and His Lover | Geunyeoneun Geojitmaleul Neomoo Saranghae (tvN / 2017) – Ji In-Ho
- Beautiful Mind (KBS2 / 2016) – Nam Ho-Young
- This is My Love | Saranghaneun Eundonga (JTBC / 2015) – Lee Seok-Tae
- Schoolgirl Detectives | Seonamyeogo Tamjungdan (JTBC / 2014-2015) – An Chae-Joon (Chae-Yool’s older brother)
- The Greatest Wedding | Choigoui Gyeolhon (CSTV / 2014) – Bae Deu-Ro
- It’s Ok, This is Love | Gwaenchana, Sarangiya (SBS / 2014) – Sam
Sandara Park was born November 12, 1984, and is better known by her stage name, Dara. She’s a singer, actress and host from South Korea. Seen as one of the most influential Korean stars in the Philippines, due to the success of her diverse career, she was given the honorary national title “Pambansang Krungkrung ng Philipinas”, and was nicknamed “BoA Philippines” by Korean fans. She is recognized as an icon of fashion and beauty because of her eccentric and different fashion styles. Sandara Park is also recognized for acting as a bridge between the cultures of the Philippines and South Korea, and was given an award by the Korea Tourism Organization for her contributions. Aspects of Sandara Park’s personal life, including her relationships, family problems, and the fall with Hero Angeles while still in the Philippines, attracted national attention as well.
After experiencing difficulties in her career, Sandara Park secretly returned to South Korea in 2007 and signed a contract with the entertainment company, YG Entertainment. In 2009, she debuted as a member of 2NE1, the company’s first female vocal group. The quartet has become one of the most successful women’s groups in South Korea, and has enjoyed critical and commercial success in both music and image, which has caused them to bedome recognized globally. In November, 2016, YG CEO Yang Hyun-suk announced that 2NE1 had broken up. Sandara Park is still contracted with the entertainment company as a solo artist.
Park Sandara’s Drama List
- One More Happy Ending | Hanbun Deo Happyending (MBC / 2016) – Goo Seul-A (special appearance)
- The Producers | Peurodyusa (KBS2 / 2015) – herself (ep.4,12)
- My Love From the Star | Byeoleseo On Namja (SBS / 2013-2014) – actress (ep.21)
- 2NE1 TV Season 2 (2010) -Herself / 2NE1 Member
- 2NE1 TV (2009) -Herself / 2NE1 Member
- Moon River | Dolahon Il Ji-Mae (MBC / 2009) -Rie
- Voltes V (HERO TV/ABS-CBN) (2006) – Jamie Robinson (Voice)
- Crazy For You (ABS-CBN) (2006) – Ara
- Sandara’s Romance (ABS-CBN) (2004) – Herself/Host
Kim Tae-hwan is a South Korean actor and model active in the Chinese entertainment industry. Kim Tae-hwan debuted in the Chinese drama My Amazing Boyfriend, which was based on the novel “我的奇妙男友”, by young author 水阡墨 (QianMo Shui). Many people compare this drama to the popular K-drama My Love From Another Star, although they are completely different except that the male lead is immortal. This drama My Amazing Boyfriend was a huge success, passing the billions mark within one week of streaming on Tencent.
Ahn Ye-Won was born on February 10, 2001. She is a Korean Pop trainee and model under YG KPLUS. She trained for four months prior to her appearance on Produce 48. Ahn Ye-Won ranked #86 on episode 5 of Produce 48 and was eliminated.
Choi Yeon-soo is currently a trainee under YGKPlus. She was born on July 15, 1999. Choi Yeon-soo ranked #66 on episode 5 of Produce 48 and was eliminated. She trained for four months prior to her appearance on Produce 48.
Kwon Hyun-bin was born March 4, 1997. He is a South Korean Model, rapper and actor. He is well known for his appearance in the reality survival program Produce 101, season 2, and debuting in the former boy group, JBJ. He briefly resided in Tokyo, Japan for his studies, also joining the baseball team in Aoba-Japan International School. He studied in Jungkyung High School as an athlete specializing in fencing. He was also selected as a representative for the teens’ fencing tournament. Not too long after, Kwon Hyun-bin had sustained an injury that required him to give up fencing and return to being an ordinary high school student.
In 2015, Kwon Hyun-bin became a model under YGKPlus, the youngest on the roster at the time. He appeared in a varietiy of pictorials, namely Studio K’s Lookbook and The Growing.
Kwon Hyun-Bin’s Drama List
- Borg Mom (MBC / 2017) – Kwon Hyun-Bin
Jeong Hyo Jun is a South Korean model under YG KPLUS. He was born in 1992. He was a trainee for three months prior to his appearance on Produce 101, season 2.
Kim Hyun-Woo is currently a model and trainee under YGK+. He was born on June 15, 1998. He ranked #70 on episode 5 of Produce 101, season 2and was eliminated. He was a trainee for three months prior to his appearance on Produce 101 season 2.