Everything You Need To Know About Xdinary Heroes’ Synthesizer and Vocalist, Oh Seung-min a.k.a O.de!
Xdinary Heroes (Hangul: 엑스디너리 히어로즈) is a South Korean band that debuted under STUDIO J, which is a sub-label of JYP Entertainment. Xdinary Heroes has 6 original members with Gunil, Jungsu, Gaon, O.de, Jun Han, and Jooyeon with their debut single “Happy Death Day” that was released on December 6th, 2021.
In this article, there’s detailed information about one of Xdinary Heroes’ members who also has the position as a synthesizer and vocalist, Oh Seung-min, also known as O.de. We will go over his full profile, fun facts, early life story, and his taste in music in the article below!
Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s Profile
Real Name: Oh Seung-min (Hangul: 오승민)
Stage Name : O.de (Hangul: 오드)
Birth: Yeongtong-gu Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea, June 11th, 2002
Star Sign: Gemini
Blood Type: A
Height: 176 cm
Position in the Group: Synthesizer, Main Rapper, Vocalist
- Shinsung Elementary School (Graduation)
- Yeongdeok Middle School (Graduation)
- Cheongmyeong High School (Graduation)
Family Members: Parents and Brother
Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s Fun Facts
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de was the second member to be revealed on November 15th, 2021.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s nickname is Shiba Dog because they have similar personalities and appearances.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de joined JYP Entertainment in 2019 through a private audition.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s Chinese zodiac sign is the Horse.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de also passed J Planet Entertainment’s auditions.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de is from Gyeonggi-do, but he has a Busan dialect accent because his parents are from Busan, and they go down to Busan every holiday.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de turns off Jooyeon’s alarm every morning and tries to wake Jooyeon up to wash, but he always says he won’t wake up.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s personality is simple and focused on what you’re into.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s skills are making the sound of an opening bottle, spacing out, looking at recipes, and skiing.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s favorite things are fashion, stew, purple, Korean food, the sound of noodles, midi spacing, and watching movies or dramas alone.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de and Jungsu joined the company to be members of an idol group, not a rock band.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s personal hashtags are #kipponchildren, #performer, and #performance.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s MBTI is ESFJ.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de has been famous because of his visual since elementary school.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de became an official JYP trainee on December 19, 2018.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s motto is “Let’s not get tied up with the motto.”
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de is a great housekeeper according to Jooyeon. He always runs outside so now he feels like he has to become a housekeeper with the desire to rest at home.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de has a friendly side. When asked about Jun Han’s point to fix, he replied, “That’s Jun Han’s color, personality, and existence itself. There’s nothing to fix.”
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de cares for the members from behind. He gives their own items as gifts or buys several things to eat at once and gives them to the members.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de looks like an adult, but he’s still like a child, and he’s always lacking and mischievous.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s specialty is making the sound of an opening bottle with his mouth.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de is confident in sports that require endurance.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de likes purple. He said he has several purple hoodies and sweatshirts. He also put his favorite purple color on one side of the in-ear. Whenever he puts a hashtag on Instagram, he always ends it with a purple heart (💜).
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de is very interested in fashion. He is also involved in the members’ fashion.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s favorite hero is Spider-Man.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de like dogs, but he can’t keep them because he’s allergic to fur.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de speaks while sleeping.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de has a habit of holding on to things like belts and clothes because he feels awkward waving his hands on stage.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de wakes up early compared to the other members.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s body part he is proud of is his eyes because they are attractive and large enough to have double eyelids.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de was a classmate of Weeekly’s Monday at Cheongmyeong High School.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de watched individual teasers every day after they were released.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s role models are parents who want to learn the most, even if they are lacking, and who work hard and give generously to their children.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s strengths are his pretty hands and sensible sound-making according to Jungsu.
- Xdinary Heroes’ O.de is Jooyeon’s roommate.
Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s Pre-Debut
He is from Gyeonggi-do but has a Busan dialect accent. His parents are from Busan, and they go down to Busan every holiday. Before his debut, he thought of himself as a Shiba Inu and put a Shiba Inu sticker on his phone case. However, after the group’s release, fans say that he is a fox, and he seems to be very troubled because of that.
From the first year of elementary school to the first year of middle school, it was his dream to become a comedian. He likes to be funny. Then, he said that he had to face reality and quit.
After that, he played a cross-country career from the late first year of middle school to the middle of the first year of high school. During vacation, he did not spend the vacation properly because he stayed in a camp.
During summer vacation, he mainly ran in the mountains. Jun Han, who had only encountered the camp through comic books, asked if he felt like he was going to play, but he said that it was literally a camp and that he should never think of the word playing.
Then, there was a problem with the future vision and there was a knee injury so he had to quit. After wandering around, my mother encouraged me to attend a local practical music academy.
Originally, he was thinking of going to become a fitting model. Then, he passed an audition for JYP Entertainment and entered the idol path. At that time, the representative of the academy contacted the JYP casting manager and had him auditioned.
At the audition, O.de sang and danced, but the songs were “I Fell in Love” and “Meet You,” and for the dance, two songs were played so he did a freestyle dance to match.
At first, he was reluctant, but the head of the academy persuaded him by saying, “I think you’ll do well,” and he started. To be honest, he didn’t know what kind of music he was going to do until then. He only vaguely thought of idols and dances.
O.de’s trainee period was 3 years, the longest among the members. When he first became a trainee, it was difficult because there were rules, and there were so many things he had to follow. It got better as he gradually got used to it, but at some point after repeating practice, evaluation, work, and home, he was thinking, “Why am I doing this? Can I debut?”
Moreover, at that time, JYP Entertainment did not have a specific plan to launch a boy group, and they just said that there was something. So, he became suspicious of even himself and said it was difficult.
Originally, he was a trainee on the JYP Entertainment dance team along with Jungsu. The company suggested combining the two members’ sense of rhythm and band and had them leave the dance team to become band members. Actually, he hadn’t heard from the beginning that he was moving to a band team. He said that he would learn the keyboard and learned the instrument as well.
He was very surprised at that time. To be honest, when he was told to be in a band, he really hated it. At first, the sudden change did not take place. He consulted and told them that he didn’t want to be in a band. Still, JYP Entertainment persuaded him to try it first, but he couldn’t get his mind right.
Then, he thought of watching the videos of DAY6, his senior band from his agency, so he searched through the videos one by one and gradually began to understand the charm of a band. Then, little by little, he started working hard, and he thought he wanted to join this band so he finally made his debut with Xdinary Heroes.
Xdinary Heroes’ O.de’s Debut in 2021
His stage name O.de, that is, Od, was coined by him. Because his real name is Oh Seung-min, he said that he and the staff found words that start with “O.” Then, he discovered the word “OD” and picked it up because it was related to music.
Regarding Xdinary Heroes, he really hopes that the group will last a long time. All the members are different so they have no choice but to fight. But, since they have to live together for a few years and do activities together, they hope that even if they fight, they can solve it well and go on for a long time.
Xdinary Heroes is one of O.de’s dreams. When people think of Xdinary Heroes, he hopes they will say, “A band that is good at music. I want to become a team that can know that they do this kind of music.”
When Park Jin-young asked a question about whether the band seemed to be his path, he answered that his first thought was “It’s so good,” but, sometimes, he also wondered “Is this going well?” To be honest, he always worries because both joining JYP Entertainment and joining the band didn’t actually start with O.de’s own choice.
In response, Park Jin-young advised that it is not often in his life that he picks up all the views and chooses them. Whether that choice will be a good choice or a bad choice is not the moment when you make the choice but how you live your life going forward after you make the choice.
After joining the band, he said that he looked up a lot of videos of performances by DAY6, a band from the same agency. In particular, he said he watched a lot of videos of Wonpil, who was in the same keyboard position, to motivate him.
The most memorable moment while preparing for his debut was the first day when he toured the dormitory with the members. As the past time flashed through O.de’s mind, he thought, “This is really just the beginning.”
O.de’s in-ear activity was his name and includes himself writing “699902, “five” (because his family name is Oh), and he chose purple, which is one of his favorite colors.