The Rapper of K-Pop’s Second Generation Girl Group, Wonder Girls
Woo Hye-rim is a member of the second-generation girl group, Wonder Girls. She joined the group in 2010 while Sumi was on hiatus. She has been tough and unbeatable; however, she was also got hate comments during her joining Wonder Girls.
Wonder Girls debuted in 2007 under JYP Entertainment and had huge achievements during their careers. Wonder Girls got so much attention in their song “Nobody” and debuted this song in the US. The group officially disbanded on January 27, 2017.
Now, let’s get to know Woo Hye-rim’s career and love journey in this Channel-Korea, below! Keep reading!
Full Profile of Hyerim
Stage Name: Hyelim / Lim (Hangeul:혜림)
Birth Name: Woo Hyelim (Hangeul:우혜림)
English Name: Christina Woo
Birthday: September 1, 1992
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs)
Blood Type: O
YouTube: Lim’s diary
19 Fun Facts about Hyerim You Should Know
– Hyerim is born in Seoul, South Korea.
– Hyerim family consists of heer Parents, an older brother named Woo Taekwon.
– Hyerim could speak Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, and English.
– Her father is a grandmaster and promoter of taekwondo.
– She was graduated from Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Interpretation major in Department of ‘English for International Conferences & Communication’)
– Hyerim lived in Hong Kong for 14 years, where she ever worked as a model.
– Before joining Wonder Girls, she was on the group “Sisters” or “JYP Sisters” along with Fei Miss A and Jia Miss A. They were popular as Chinese Wonder Girls.
– Hyerim joined Wonder Girls in 2010 after the former member Sunmi decided to hiatus.
– Hyerin has skills in rap, vocal, and plays guitar.
– Hyelim is friends with Jae Day6.
– She ever appeared in some movies including, The Last Godfather (2010), The Wonder Girls (2012), Bad Sister (2014).
– Moreover, Hyerim also appeared on Pops in Seoul (2013-2014), K-RUSH (2017), Hello, Stranger! (2018), King of Masked Singer (2020).
– Her husband is Shin Minchul who is a taekwondo athlete.
– She renewed her contract with JYP Entertainment while Wonder Girls disbanded in January 2017.
She received a certificate from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to voluntarily create a video of safety in traveling to a foreign country.
– Hyerim is contributed to the translation of Anne Frank’s diary for its publication in South Korea
– Hyerim left JYP Entertainment in early 2020 and joined RRR (Real Recognize Real).
– Hyerim was getting married to Shin Minchul on July 5, 2020.
– Her ideal type is “I like someone I can learn from.”
Hyerim’s Pre-debut Story
Hyerim was born in South Korea, specifically on September 1, 1992. Before debuting with Wonder Girls, she lived in Hong Kong for 14 years, which makes her able to speak Cantonese, Korean, English, and Mandarin fluently. She is born from parents who are grandmasters and Taekwondo promotors.
Hyerim started doing her training in 2009 as part of five members group. She was plotted as a group to appear in numerous China variety show that showed dance routines and their talents. The group was designed as “JYP Sisters” or “Sisters” and also popular as “Chinese Wonder Girls.” However, the group didn’t officially debut. This group included Jia and Fei that become a member of Miss A later on.
Love Story with a Taekwondo Athlete
Hyerim started dating Shin Min-Chul the taekwondo athlete in 2013. Their relation has been going long, well, and full of romance until they get engaged in May 2020 and married on July 5, 2020.
Yes, for as long as seven years, they have been building a relationship and finally getting married. However, Hyerin just announced their relationship in 2020. This couple is also appeared on “Don’t Be Jealous,” published in MBC. This variety show showing their love story and preparation for their marriage.
Hyerim and Shin Min Chul are getting married on July 5, 2020, in Gangnam District, South Korea. The wedding has been closed to only attended by family, friends, and Wonder Girls former member.
Look at all these photos, how beautiful Hyerin with her white gown,
Her gorgeous gown and natural make-up, making Hyerim on the spot! Do you agree?
The venue in Gangnam District is also decorated with white plum flowers. This is so bright and beautiful!
Hyerim has been changed her gown in many designs. What gown of Hyerim do you prefer? But absolutely, every gown suit so much to Hyerim, from simple to elegant.
The beautiful bride and handsome groom. They are matched by each other. Their smile is contagious and showing their happiness.
They also did pre-wedding photos. Look at this unique concept. Hyerim looks so stunning and gorgeous!
Wearing hanbok, the traditional costume of South Korea. This costume making them looks like a king and queen on the K-drama. Impeccable and so magical!
Moreover, this taekwondo costume shows their background, Hyerim’s father is a grandmaster and taekwondo promoter, and her husband is a taekwondo athlete who could portray their relationship. This angle, like the husband, got beat by his wife, so funny line story!
Hyerim was also written notes that express her gratitude to all people that have been supporting her. She said she was excited to share her happiness by meeting the love of her life and finally married on July 5.
Due to COVID-19, she has also expressed difficulties during wedding preparation. She was forever grateful and thankful for all Wonderful and all supportive people. She was also sending love to everyone!
Hyerim’s Solo MV
Hyerim has also released some solo music since 2013,” Cry of Love” from Soldier of Lights.
This song is also could mesmerized you. Check another solo from Hyerim called “Iron Girl,” released in 2014.
In 2016, she also released an album, namely “With You,” featuring Bernard Park.
Activity in KBS “On Dream School”
On her Instagram account @wg_lim, Hyerim wrote, “Not a long ago, I gave lectures at (Dream School). Healing mentoring lectures for teenagers. From the moment when the public relations came in, my heart was thrilled. Throughout my preparation, I remembered a lot of my youth, “If I sit there and listen to this lecture 10 years ago?”
Based on my story, this was the first time I was giving a lecture on such a big stage, so there must have been some shortcomings. Thank you so much for that. Thank you to the production crew and writers who a good stage, and to all the people who been with us for the wonderful preparation of LEDs and so on.”
That’s all about Hyerim, the former member of Wonder Girls. Keep supporting and send a positive message to her new life as a wife. Don’t forget to give your comment and share your thoughts below!