Park Woojin, A Quiet Person
Wanna One is an idolized group that was first introduced to us on Produce 101, a talent search show that was contested by 101 originally, eventually being narrowed to 11 very talented and good looking men. Among the members of Wanna One, Park Woojin was the one who attracted the most attention.
At the beginning of the show, Park Woojin was very much an unknown talent. Very shy originally, he was called the quiet member, mainly because he always seemed to prefer practicing on his own, while all the other members practiced together. Park Woojin was also considered the quietest personality, staying private while the other members interacted with each other. Now though, this has all changed, Park Woojin is no longer a shy or quiet person, now he’s finally a member of Wanna One!
Profiles and Facts of Park Woojin
Park Woojin is both his stage name and his actual name at birth, with hangul 박우진. Park Woojin has taken the lead position in Wanna One, as both the main rapper and the main dancer in the group. Park Woojin was born on November 2, 1999 and his zodiac sign is Scorpio. His height is 174 cm (5’9″) and his weight is 60 kg (132 lbs). Park Woojin’s blood type is, a.
Unique among the other members of Wanna One, Park Woojin is known for his bucktooth! The excited and devoted fans of Wanna One, referred to as “Wannables” found Park Woojin’s unique, bucktooth smile to be both charming and endearing and fervently forbade him from wearing any kind of braces that might change his look!
While filming the reality show Produce 101, Woojin even said that every day when he woke up from sleep, that he would always check to make sure that his bucktooth was still there.. He said he always feared that he would awaken one morning without his bucktooth trademark!
In Wanna One, Woojin is known as the sparrow, he is called the sparrow because when Wanna One first appeared on the Amigo TV Show, Woojin was said to be like a sparrow.
While performing on the Amigo TV Show, Park Woojin asked his fellow Wanna One member, Minhyun, whether he was similar to a sparrow or not. Amused by Woojin’s question, Minhyun answered that Woojin’s appearance was not really like a sparrow, but instead that his constant talking reminded them of a sparrow!
Below are some other important facts about Park Woojin:
– He was born in in Busan, South Korea.
– Woojin has a younger sister, named Park Yerim. (We learned about her on ep.11, when he was announced as the 6th member to join Wanna One – in his “Thanks to” speech)
– He ended PD101 ranked 6th, with a total of 937,379 votes.
– He received a lot of love from fans for his snaggletooth.
– He is from Brand New Music along with Daehwi and trained for over a year with him.
– When he was only 11 years old, he appeared on SuperstarK.
– He is very talented at a variety of dance forms, including; B-boy, crumping, popping and locking.
– Both Woojin and Daehwi trained at JYP previously.
– He enjoys watching TV, especially programs about food and cooking.
– He’s scared of wasps. (Wanna One – Energetic MV Commentary).
– He was hospitalized in the middle of Produce 101 due to shingles disease.
– Seongwoo and Woojin both have thumbs that are very flexible. They proved on the program that they can bend their thumbs far more than a normal person can. (Show Champion Behind)
– The first movie that ever made him cry was “Tidal Wave”. (“Star Road”)
– If he had a ticket to go anywhere in the world, he would go to Hawaii.
– During a Fansign event, Park Woojin was asked who he was is closest to during the PD101 training, he answered Ahn Hyungseob.
– In addition to Sparrow, Woojin has another nickname, Sebola. (This came from his part in 10 out of 10 “Sexy Baby, Oh my Lady”)
– Woojin and Jihoon are known amusingly as, the“Pink Sausages” brothers and they love to playfully bully their hyungs a lot.
– Woojin and Im Youngmin were first introduced to each other during a Dance Competition in Busan (along with Kang Daniel).
– BTS’ Jimin, Daniel and Woojin, respectively, all participated in a dance competition held in Busan, – “2011 Busan City Kids Vol. 2”. Jimin’s team eventually beat out Woojin’s team in the semifinal, while in the final, Jimin and Daniel’s teams competed.
– Woojin is friends with Jisung’s sister and she asked Jisung to ask about Woojin in Wanna One Go Season 2 ep 3.
– I.O.I’s Kim Sohye voted for Woojin while he was on Produce 101 – when she, Yoojung, and Sohee were commentators for episode five, she squealed when he was called, and one of the other girls said he was her fixed pick.
– When Wanna One moved to the dorm, they chose their repective rooms after playing ‘Rock-Paper-Scissors’.
– Woojin, Jaehwan, Jihoon, Guanlin and Minhyun all used to share a room. (Wanna One’s reality show “Wanna One Go” ep. 1)
– Wanna One eventually moved to 2 new apartments where Woojin and Jihoon ended up sharing a room. (Apartment 2)
– Company: Brand New Music
– He will be debuting soon in a brand new boy band along with Daehwi and the MXM members, Youngmin and Donghyun.
– Woojin’s ideal type: Age doesn’t matter, someone who is cute.
Park Woojin’s Discography
Park Woojin discography when he still a member of Produce 101 includes:
- 2017: “It’s Me (Pick Me)” from the Produce 101 Season 2 event
- 2017: “Never” from Produce 101 Season 2 – Nation’s Sons
- 2017: “Hands On Me” from the Produce 101 Season 2 event
- 2017: “이 자리 에 (Always)” from the Produce 101 Season 2 event
Park Woo-jin’s Filmography
Before appearing on Produce 101, Park Woojin joined Superstar K in 2009 as one of the contestants. He was only 10 years old at the time and appeared on the show dressed just like Big Bang’s, T.O.P. The imitation of T.O.P’s look for his stage appearance, complete with a t-shirt, scarf, and earrings was the creation of his manager, Kang Mihong. Luckily, Park Woojin’s manager is also his mom and she searched all over the international entertainment market and industry for a “look” that would make an impact. Kang said, “Because he has so much talent for both singing and dancing, I want to make him into an idol star.”
Then, in 2017, Woojin really started his musical career by joining Produce 101 Season 2. He finally realized his life dream to be an idol when he debuted as a member of Wanna One. He also appeared in the show Battle Trip Episode 90 in 2018 as one of the guests.
Park Woojin During Concerts
One: The World, is the first and last worldwide concert tour headlined by Wanna One. This concert promoted their second extended play, 0+1=1 (I Promise You) and their special album, 1÷x=1 (Undivided). The tour began on June 1, 2018 in South Korea and concluded on September 1, 2018 in the Philippines. During the tour, Wanna One visited 14 countries including; Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Australia and the United States.
Before embarking on their World Concert Tour, Wanna One also held some “Fanmeeting” Concerts in some of the countries. Below are some pictures of Woojin, taken while performing during the concerts. As Wanna One wrapped up as a group, they performed their farewell concert together, at the end of 2018.