Everything You Need To Know About Wanna One’s Cutest and at the Same Time Sexiest Member – Park Ji-hoon
Park Ji-hoon was born on May 29th, 1999, in Masan, South Korea. Although he comes from Gyeongsang Province, Park Ji-hoon has lived in Seoul since he was seven years old. He graduated from National Middle School of Traditional Arts, where he majored in musical theatre. Park Ji-hoon majored in broadcasting arts at the School of Performing Arts Seoul and graduated in January 2018. Park Ji-hoon was accepted into Chung-Ang University’s Department of Theater in 2018. He is a South Korean singer and actor, best known as the runner-up contestant in Produce 101 (season 2) who debuted with the group Wanna One.
Less active in the entertainment industry in his teen years, Park began training to become an idol singer under S.M. Entertainment and Fantagio Entertainment. Due to a knee injury, he did not make it to the final line up of Fantagio’s boy group Astro and subsequently transferred to his current agency, Maroo Entertainment.
On March 26th, 2019, Park Ji-hoon released his first solo album O’Clock with the title track “L.O.V.E.” The same month, Park was cast in JTBC’s upcoming historical drama Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency.
On March 5th, Thai snack brand Masita revealed that they have chosen Park Ji-hoon as their new presenter. Park Ji-hoon has also become the new model of the cosmetics brand, I’M MEME, along with fellow ex-Wanna One member, Bae Jin-young. A new cosmetic brand, 4EverJ&Lab, announced Park Ji-hoon as their launch model through their official Twitter account on March 25th. He is endorsing their mask packs in partnership with Teddy Island.
Park Ji-hoon landed his first solo cover for the March issue of the Hallyu entertainment and fashion magazine Singles. The magazine sold out in various online stores within two hours of releasing the pre-order announcement.
On February 9th, Park Ji-hoon held his first solo fan meeting at Kyung Hee University Grand Peace Palace. He then embarked on a fan meeting tour titled First Edition to several countries, including Bangkok, Philippines, Taiwan, and Japan.
Park Ji-hoon’s Full Profile
|Birth Name||Park Ji-hoon (박지훈)|
|Stage Name||Jihoon (지훈)|
|Date and Place of Birth||May 29th, 1999, Masan, South Korea|
|Height||173 cm (5’8″)|
|Weight||61 kg (134 lbs)|
|Social Media||Instagram: @0529.jihoon.ig|
All Facts About Park Ji-hoon
- Jihoon was born in Masan, South Korea
- Jihoon has an older brother (ep.11 in his speech)
- He studied in SOPA and graduated along with NCT’s Mark, Weki Meki’s Doyeon, Golden Child‘s Donghyun, etc.
- He finished Produce 101 at the 2nd rank with a total of 1,136,014 votes
- Also known as Wink Boy
- He is known for creating aegyo such as “heart unlock”
- His lowest ranking in Produce 101 was 3rd place
- Before, he was active as a child actor, participating in 4 broadcasts, 1 musical, 1 CF and 1 movie
- He was a trainee at Maroo Entertainment as well as SM and Fantagio before that
- He is close with Astro members, ONF’s Laun, and Mark from NCT
- Despite his sweet look, he enjoys popping as well as beatboxing
- Jihoon was voted by netizens as the most beautiful/handsome in Produce 101
- The other members have said that he is a fashion terrorist (Produce 101 S2 – ep.5)
- He loves wearing pink clothes, including pink underwear (Wanna One Go ep. 1)
- Jihoon likes dogs (Wanna One Go ep. 1, during 1×1=1 mission)
- He hates broccoli
- The other band members have said that Jihoon is the member who eats the most (Wanna One Go)
- In his spare time, he likes to watch videos, practice aegyo, and play video games (170828 Wanna One on Hongkira radio)
- When Wanna One moved to the dorm, Guanlin said he wants Jihoon as a roommate (Wanna One Go ep. 1)
- They chose the rooms after playing “Rock-Paper-Scissors.”
- Jihoon, Jaehwan, Woojin, Guanlin, and Minhyun used to share a room (Wanna One’s reality show Wanna One Go ep. 1)
- Wanna One moved to 2 new apartments where Jihoon and Woojin share a room (Apartment 2)
- Guanlin has said he really likes Jihoon
- His role model is BTS’s V (Happy Together)
- Park Jihoon’s catchphrase “Nae Maeum Soge Jeojang” (“Save You in My Heart”) was voted by netizens as the Best Internet Catchphrase 2017
- On Happy Together 4 Ep. 6, he said that he has recently gotten close with BTS‘s Jin
- Company: Maroo Entertainment
- He has received several drama role offers, but nothing has been decided yet. He’ll also promote as a singer
- On March 26th, 2019, he made his solo debut with the song “L.O.V.E.”
- Jihoon’s ideal type: Someone who is younger than him, shorter than him, has a satoori (dialect) and has to be fully faithful to him.
Park Ji-hoon’s Acting Career
Park Ji-hoon debuted as a child actor, participating in the musicals Peter Pan (2007–2009), The Harmonium in My Memory (2010), and Radio Star (2010–2011), and in television dramas Jumong (2006-2007), The King and I (2007–2008), Kimchi Cheese Smile (2007–2008), Iljimae (2008), and more. Park Ji-hoon also previously appeared in SS501’s reality show SS501 SOS (2006), although his face was blurred out through the episodes. In 2007, he appeared in KM Idol War with Big Bang. During his childhood, he continued to be active in musical theatre, television broadcasts, and film, as well as working as an advertisement model.
Park Ji-hoon’s Filmography
|2007||The Stories of One Thousand People||SBS||Lee Dong-gyu (Episode 20)|
|2007–2008||Kimchi Cheese Smile||MBC|
|The King and I||SBS||Eunuch|
|2011||The Unlimited Show||Tooniverse||Kang Jae-min (Episodes 10, 11)|
|2019||Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency||JTBC||Go Young Soo|
|2017||Produce 101 Season 2||Mnet||Contestant||Finished at second place|
Jihoon in Produce 101
In 2017, Park Ji-hoon represented Maroo Entertainment in the second season of Produce 101. He experienced a sudden rise in popularity after going viral as “wink boy (Korean: Wingkeu Nam)” after the introductory “It’s Me (Pick Me)” stage on M! Countdown before the show had started airing. Consequently, Park Ji-hoon’s participation in the survival show received extensive media attention, to the extent that his self-made aegyo catchphrase “save you in my heart (Korean: Nae Maeum Sog-e Jeojang)” trended on social media and was used by various companies borrowing the phrase for marketing purposes.
The phrase was later crowned as the best catchphrase of 2017 by KOCCA. Furthermore, Park Ji-hoon started receiving offers from companies to become their advertisement model while the show was still being aired, and it was later revealed that Park Ji-hoon had signed an exclusive contract with Maroo Entertainment even before the show had started. He finished second, which made him a member of the project boy group Wanna One under YMC Entertainment.
Park Ji-hoon’s Debut with Wanna One
Park Ji-hoon’s name became known when he appeared in the Produce 101 Season 2 survival event. He displayed one of the phrases, namely “Nae maeum sog-e jeojang,” which means “keep you in my heart” by showing his cute side or commonly called aegyo. Thanks to that, the gestures and phrases he used when doing the aegyo became a trend among K-Pop fans around the world.
The phrase Nae maeum sog-e jeojang which he created is often used by media, companies, and political figures when promoting themselves. Because of its popularity, KOCCA’s Korean creative content body chose the phrase as the best slogan in 2017. This turned out to bring good luck to Park Ji-hoon. After the video went viral, he became one of the most popular Produce 101 Season 2 contestants.
The climax was when he managed to occupy the second position in the last episode of the program produced by the TV station Mnet. He also debuted as a member of Wanna One in August 2017.
Park Ji-hoon’s Graduation From SOPA
At the beginning of February 2018, it was the school’s graduation period in South Korea. Without exception, celebrities who have also received formal education there participated in the graduation celebration.
On February 8th, 2018, it was a special day for senior level students at Seoul of Performing Arts or commonly abbreviated as SOPA. Also seen are some celebrities who are celebrating graduation the same day as well, which can be readily seen in the photo of the 1999-born idols wearing yellow SOPA school uniforms. Jihoon had even shown the mainstay pose of “Nae Maeum Sog-e Jeojang” in front of the media crew.
By now, a large number of celebrities have graduated from this art school. In the list of his seniors who have graduated from this famous school the names of F(x)’s Krystal Jung, EXO’s Sehun and Kai, BTS’s Jungkook and many more can be found.