Get To Know The Maknae Joo Yeon-ho—Main Vocalist of VERIVERY
Ju Yeon-ho is a South Korean singer. He is a member of the boy group VERIVERY. He made his debut on January 9th, 2019, with the extended play album Veri-Us with the lead single “Ring Ring Ring.” Yeon-ho is the main vocalist of the group. He has various nicknames, such as Baby Wolf and Cocomong (a Korean animation character that looks like a sausage monkey). Without further ado, Channel-Korea will tell you all about VERIVERY’s Ju Yeon-ho! Keep scrolling.
VERIVERY’s Yeon-ho’s Profile
- Stage Name: Yeonho (연호)
- Full Name: Ju Yeonho (주연호/朱延浩)
- Nickname: Yeono, Joojjang (means Joo Yeon-ho is the best), Jookomong (because he look like Cocomong — an animation character), Jooguma (Joo Yeon-ho + Guguma/sweet potato), Jumi-nam, Baby Wolf
- Date of Birth: May 31st, 2000
- Birthplace: Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Star Sign: Gemini
- Blood Type: A
- Height: 176 cm (5 ft 9 inches)
- Weight: 57 kg (126 lbs)
- Shoe Size: 265–270 mm
- MBTI: ENFP
- Occupation: Singer
- Associated Acts: VERIVERY
- Debut Date: January 9th, 2019 (with VERIVERY)
- Agency: Jellyfish Entertainment
- Education: Garam Middle School (transfer), Goyang Middle School (graduated), LILA Art High School (Graduation/Digital Sound Contents Department)
VERIVERY’s Yeon-ho’s Facts
- Yeon-ho is the main vocalist of VERIVERY. On September 10th, 2018, he was the 6th member of the group to be revealed. He is in the maknae line along with Kangmin and Yongseung.
- He is said to have been a vocalist in the band when he was in high school.
- Yeonho is close to CIX’s Bae Jin-young. Both are from the same school, and they were to be in the same club, known to be the same as the meditation book club. He was also seen socializing at the 2019 Chuseok Special Idol Star Athletics Championships (ISAC).
- His favorite artists are Damien Vice, Park Hyo-shin, Kim Kwang-seok, and EXO’s Baekhyun. Baekhyun also became his role model.
- When he was four years old, he learned violin and kendo at the recommendation of his elder sister. Thanks to her, he naturally got used to music. He almost forgot about it now, but he wants to learn again.
- He takes the best selfies among the VERIVERY members. The most common pose used to take selfies is to tilt your face slightly to the side or to make a V shape with your hands or to make a face.
- Before his debut, he was chubby, but he went on a diet after joining the company and became slim.
- He joined Jellyfish Entertainment when he was a freshman in high school and spent about two years as a trainee.
- Originally, he had no intention of auditioning for the agency because he was preparing for the college entrance exam to enter the department of practical music, not an idol. Meanwhile, the Jellyfish casting team called for an audition to sing at their company. He was advised to prepare as many as 10 high-pitched and strong songs as he could, so he went to the audition and sang all the 10 songs that he had prepared.
- When he was young, his name was Joo-ho, but he was teased by his kindergarten friends, so he changed his name to Joo Yeon-ho.
- His mottos are: “Look at the forest, not the trees,” and “Life is fun.”
- His eyesight is 1.0/1.0 on the left and right.
- Yeon-ho likes melodramatic movies. His favorite movies are Beauty Inside and About Time.
- Yeonho’s favorite ice cream flavor is Mint Choco. He said that the coolness of mint and the sweetness of chocolate blend well together. He can’t understand the members who hate it because it tastes like toothpaste.
- Yeon-ho roommate is Hoyoung.
VERIVERY’s Yeon-ho’s Pre-debut
Yeon-ho signed with Jellyfish Entertainment when he was a freshman in high school. He spent about two years as a trainee. At that time, he had a chubby face. At first, Yeon-ho wanted to sing only as a hobby, but he happened to dream of becoming a singer because he wanted to be a singer who moved others with his own songs after watching videos of Kim Kwang-seok’s “Please Wait For Me” and “Writing a Letter on A Cloudy Autumn Sky” in middle school. According to VIXX’s Ravi, a senior member of his agency, Yeon-ho feels different when he sings alone and when he’s on the team.
Check out the compilation photos and videos of Yeon-ho’s pre-debut!
VERIVERY’s Yeon-ho’s Debut Era
Ju Yeon-ho debuted with VERIVERY on January 9th, 2019, under Jellyfish Entertainment. He was the 6th member to be announced to debut. VERIVERY consists of seven members, Dongheon, Hoyoung, Minchan, Gyehyeon, Yeonho, Yongseung, and Kangmin. Every member had a one-line introduction. Yeon-ho’s one-line introduction was: “Too Much Entertainer.” VERIVERY debuted with the extended play Veri-Us. The album consists of six songs with “Ring Ring Ring” as the title song. His position in the group is the main vocalist. Among the members with various talents, Yeon-ho’s vocal skills have certainly improved. Because of that, he leads the center of the song, taking up a significant majority of the group songs as the main vocalist.
Let’s take a look at Yeon-ho’s focus fan-cams that will make you gasp for his vocal skills!