Verbal Jint, an Underground Rapper of the 2000s
Verbal Jint (버벌진트), with the real name Kim Jin-tae (김진태), is a South Korean musician, rapper, and record producer who’s known for his groundbreaking innovations in the K-hip-hop rhyme schemes. He is one of South Korea’s most popular underground rappers of the 2000s before achieving mainstream success. He established his own independent label, Otherside, under his record label Brand New Music. In this article, Channel-Korea will give you a run-through of everything about Korean Rapper, Verbal Jint. Stay tuned!
Full Profile of Verbal Jint
- Birth Name: Kim Jin-tae (김진태)
- Stage Name: Verbal Jint (버벌진트)
- Date of Birth: December 19th, 1980
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac sign: Sagittarius
- Height: 177 cm
- Weight: 75 kg
- Occupation(s): Musician, rapper, record producer
- Instruments: Vocals, keyboards
- Genres: Hip-Hop
- Years active: 1999 – present
- Labels: Brand New Music, Otherside
- Education: Hanyang University School of Law, Hanyoung Foreign Language High School, and Seoul National University
- From 1999 – 2001, he was known as one of the most popular underground rappers.
- Known for his groundbreaking innovations in the K-hip-hop rhyme schemes.
- Verbal Jint debut mini-album is titled Modern Rhymes.
- Verbal Jint held his first solo concert, You Look Happier, in December 2011. The same month, he made his first appearance in the music show M! Countdown.
- In June 2012, Verbal Jint appeared in the first season of Mnet’s hip-hop reality show program Show Me the Money.
- He has collaborated with many artists, such as Ailee, Shin Seung Hun, Girl’s Day, Bumkey, Hyolyn (SISTAR), and many more.
- In 2014, Verbal Jint went on a world tour with Bumkey, Beenzino, Kanto, and Hwayoung.
- In 2015, he made his first appearance on Running Man in a hip-hop star special along with Jay Park, Jessi, and other rappers.
- Verbal Jint has also provided a voice-over and narration for many TV shows and advertisements. His voice appeared in South Korean TV commercials for various brands, such as Vitamin Water, LG, and Hyundai.
- In November 2015, his label, Brand New Music, announced that Verbal Jint plans to start an independent label while continuing to promote under Brand New Music.
- Verbal Jint began his rap career as a member of the Korean hip-hop crew Show N Prove (SNP).
- Brand New Music – Verbal Jint
- Instagram: Verbal Jint
- Business: [email protected]
- Youtube: Verbal Jint
Verbal Jint’s Discography
|The Good Die Young||
|10 Years of Misinterpretation 1 (10년 동안의 오독 I)||
|Go Hard Part 1: Yanggachi (Go Hard Part 1: 양가치)||
|Framed Afterplay (누명 Afterplay)||
|Yanggachi Instrumentals (양가치 Instrumentals)||
|2 The Hard Way
with Cho PD
|Go Easy 0.5||
|No Excuses (변명없이)||
As Lead Artist
feat. Lady Jane
|2011||You Insulted Me (넌 내게 모욕감을 줬어)
|2011||You Look Good (좋아보여)
feat. The Black Skirts
|2011||Gloomy Letters (우울한 편지)||Non-album singles|
|Thank You Thank You (감사감사)
|2012||Good Morning (굿모닝)
|10 Years of Misinterpretation 1|
|2012||You Deserve Better (충분히 예뻐)
|2012||I Get Weak (약한 사람)
feat. Heo In-chang
|Golden Time OST|
|2012||Closer Closer (가까이 가까이)||The Thousandth Man OST|
|2013||Good Start (시작이 좋아)
feat. Kang Min-hee
|2013||If It Ain’t Love (이게 사랑이 아니면)
|2013||Walking in The Rain (비범벅)
|2013||Take Care Of Christmas (크리스마스를 부탁해)
feat. Shin Seung-hun
|2014||Just Another Rapper (반도의흔한랩퍼)
feat. San E, Swings
|2014||Rare Breed (희귀종)
|2014||I Smell Autumn (가을냄새)
feat. Eddy Kim
|2015||My Type 2
feat. Kang Min-kyung, Sanchez
|2015||If The World Is Perfect (세상이 완벽했다면)
|Go Hard Part 1: Yanggachi|
|2016||True or False (진실게임)||Non-album singles|
|2017||I Wanna Know (그것이알고싶다)
feat. Car, the Garden
|2017||Let It Snow (눈도 오고 그래서)
|2018||Trainee Girl (연습생girl)
|2019||Gab Boon Sa (갑분사)
feat. Han Yo Han, Chang Suk-hoon
|2019||The Chase revisited||The Chase Revisited|
with Cho PD feat. Park Mi-kyung
|2 The Hard Way|
|2013||Only For You (너에게만)
|2015||Doin’ It” (싫대)
with Sanchez feat. Bumkey
|2015||Body 2 Body (귀아래)
with Sanchez feat. LE
|2015||M.I.L.E. (Make It Look Easy)
with Blacknut, San E
|Show Me the Money 4|
|2015||I’m The Man
with Basick, San E
|2016||Read My Mind (오늘 쓱)
with Yang Da-il
Featured in Taeyeon’s
Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon, made a solo debut with the album’s title track “I,” featuring popular rapper, Verbal Jint, and including lyrics written by Taeyeon herself. The album was released via digital music websites at midnight on October 7th, the physical copies sold in the stores on the same day.
“I” is a song with autobiographical lyrics written by Taeyeon. The lyrics of “I” are said to be about the feelings she kept hidden about being in the spotlight and her hopes for the future. “I” is a medium tempo pop track that includes electronic guitar sounds and an aggressive drum beat.
“I” has swept music charts immediately upon its release. “I” ranked number one on seven real-time music charts, including MelOn, Genie, Bugs, Naver Music, Olleh Music, Mnet Music, and Soribad.
Let’s check out the music video!