Everything You Need to Know About VAV’s Visual, Choi Choong-hyup
The South Korean boy group that debuted in 2015 under A team Entertainment, VAV, is known for their debut with their first single, “Under the Moonlight.” There was a change of members one year after they debuted, so there are 7 members who are currently active for promotions. VAV is also gaining popularity among K-pop fans, and their fandom, Vampz, is also gaining popularity internationally. It’s all because of the hard work of the members who put maximum effort into each of their performances and comebacks every year.
So, do you know the members of VAV? Who are they? Let’s take a look at more detailed information regarding one of the members who is still active in VAV, Choi Choong-hyup, also known as Baron, in the article prepared by Channel-Korea below!
VAV’s Baron’s Full Profile
Real Name: Choi Choong-hyup (Hangul: 최충협)
Stage Name: Baron (Hangul: 바론)
Birth: Osan, South Korea, April 19, 1992
Star Sign: Taurus
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Position in the Group: Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Visual
Official Site: Instagram ( @baron.vav )
VAV’s Baron’s Fun Facts and Personality
- VAV’s Baron’s character in the group is the 3rd Vampire (Sincere Heart, Dandy)
- VAV’s Baron’s symbol in the group is Time Frozen
- VAV’s Baron’s color in the group is Blue
- VAV’s Baron has an older sister
- VAV’s Baron speaks Korean and English
- VAV’s Baron used to be in a dance team, The Immigration, before debuting
- VAV’s Baron can play the piano
- VAV’s Baron took the role as the “mom of the group”
- VAV’s Baron has a habit of biting his lips
- VAV’s Baron’s hobbies are listening to music and exercising
- VAV’s Baron also does sports such as biking, basketball, working out, and snowboarding
- VAV’s Baron’s favorite artists are Eric Benet, Big Bang’s Taeyang, and Yoo Seun-jung
- VAV’s Baron’s favorite movie is About Time
- VAV’s Baron’s favorite animals are dogs and cats
- VAV’s Baron’s favorite colors are white and blue
- VAV’s Baron was a trainee at 1Million Dance Studio before debuting with VAV
- VAV’s Baron has abs
- VAV’s Baron doesn’t like spicy foods
- VAV’s Baron and Ayno share a room in the dorm
- VAV’s Baron’s flower in “Flower” is the lily
- VAV’s Baron is a close friend of Kim Min-seok
- VAV’s Baron has always been passionate while playing the piano and dancing
- VAV’s Baron is good at imitating voices
- VAV’s Baron’s mother passed away on January 1, 2019
- VAV’s Baron would like to switch bodies with St. Van because he has broad shoulders
- VAV’s Baron was a male lead character in MINX’s “Why Did You Come to My House”
- VAV’s Baron would like to be a director or a photographer because he likes filming people
- VAV’s Baron is the first member to enlisted to military service on September 7, 2020
- VAV’s Baron’s ideal type is someone who has pretty eyes and takes good care of herself
- VAV’s Baron likes to take selcas with V-poses as you can see on his Instagram account
VAV’s Baron’s Focus Fancams
On December 14, 2019, VAV’s Baron was seen attending one of their schedules at the 2019 VAV Awards and performing their song “Poison.” In this focus fancam, VAV’s Baron looks very handsome and neat with a white and black suit and tie. In the medium-tempo song that he performed, he also looked very passionate while doing the choreography on stage and dancing in sync with the other members. His eyes also looked very serious when performing “Poison” on stage.
On July 17, 2016, VAV had just undergone promotions for 1 year as a rookie, and the group was seen attending the Ilsan Guerrilla Mention Video. VAV’s Baron also looks very enthusiastic when greeting fans who have gathered there.
Not only performing in front of fans but VAV’s Baron also smiled very often and waved his hand at the fans and delivered a little speech to greet the Vampz members who were present at the event. He also looks handsome with a brown hairstyle that looks natural and suits him well.
On October 18, 2019, available VAV members performed on Simply K-Pop and provided a special focus fancam for fans to enjoy and showed individual videos that were intentionally shot right on VAV’s Baron. With “Senorita” as one of the comeback songs of that era, VAV’s
Baron seemed to really enjoy the performance he delivered for fans who kept shouting fan chants to the group that debuted under A team Entertainment. VAV’s Baron also looked handsome wearing a white loose shirt with a t-shirt and black trousers which was his outfit of choice for the comeback stage.
On January 27, 2018, VAV performed at the Winka Concert (Daehakro) Comeback and performed a performance by bringing “Spotlight” to their fans there. This performance was also part of their promotional schedule when they released their 3rd mini-album of the same name, Spotlight. In that performance, VAV’s Baron also looked so fine while wearing a black and white suit and tie and with his hair that was changed to curly but still had his natural hair color, which is dark brown.
On August 9, 2019, VAV, which was currently holding a comeback stage for one of its singles, “Senorita,” appeared on an episode of Simply K-Pop. In this performance, VAV seemed to really enjoy their performance with Latin American songs which were also suitable for them to perform on stage. VAV’s Baron is also occasionally seen smiling from ear to ear enjoying his performance on stage. Besides that, his appearance of wearing a gray shirt and black trousers, boots with white on the side, and his new hair changed to blonde curly hair also definitely caught the attention of fans.
On October 18, 2018, VAV also returned to its comeback stage on Simply K-Pop and performed “Senorita” as its newest comeback song of the era. This time, you can check out another look at VAV’s Baron as his hairstyle had turned red again. Another difference can also be seen easily from the costumes he wears, namely the casual concept of a turtleneck and trousers, which look very comfortable when seeing him moving in sync with the dance moves on stage.