Let’s Get to Know BTS Member V!
BTS is a boy group from South Korea that has great popularity worldwide. This group debuted under Big Hit Entertainment in 2013 with 7 members named Jin, Suga, RM (formerly Rap Monster), J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook. V is the second youngest member of the group with Jimin and Jungkook. He has great looks and a personality that makes him have a lot of friends. He is The Most Handsome Face in the World in 2017 in TC Candler. Let’s learn more about his uniqueness!
BTS Member V’s Profile
Birth Name: Kim Tae-hyung (김태형)
Stage Name: V (뷔)
Position: Lead Vocal and Visual
Birth: December 30, 1995
Blood Type: AB
Height: 179 cm
Weight: 62 kg
Fun Facts About BTS Member V
- He was born in Daegu but later moved to Geochang where he spent his life until he moved to Seoul.
- His family consists of his dad, mom, younger sister, and younger brother.
- He is really close with his grandmother because he lives with her. He cried at a fan meeting because he got the news that his grandmother passed away and he couldn’t attend the funeral.
- He said that if he had not become an idol, he would be helping his grandmother as a farmer.
- He graduated from Korea Art School and now studies at Global Cyber University.
- He has a 4D personality.
- He can speak Japanese fluently.
- He can play the saxophone.
- Once, he said he wanted to become a saxophonist.
- His favorite color is grey.
- His favorite number is 10.
- His favorite items are his computer, big dolls, clothes, shoes, accessories, and anything unique.
- His nicknames are Tae Tae because it’s easy to say, Blank Tae because he always has a blank expression, and CGV because his visuals are so perfect and outstanding as if edited.
- He has been in the group for a while, but fans didn’t know or hear about him until the time around his debut.
- He was the most invisible member before his debut.
- He has a driving license.
- He can dance in high heels.
- He is the pickiest eater out of all the members.
- He really likes cola and jajangmyeon.
- He likes fashion and is the most fashionable member in BTS along with the leader, RM.
- His favorite artist is Eric Benet.
- His role model is his dad. He wants to be a dad like his dad, someone who takes care of his children, listens to everything they say, and encourages and advises them in their future plans.
- His Spotify list is V’s Join Me.
- He has the same hobbies as Jin.
- When he has a problem, he shares it with Jimin and Jin. But, he thinks it is easier to talk to Jimin since they are the same age.
- He once said that Jimin is his best friend; Jimin is always there even when he cries or is sad.
- He has an awkward relationship with fellow member Suga.
- He is also friends with actor Park Bo-gum, Park Seo-joon, Yook Sung-jae from BTOB, Mark from GOT7, Minho from SHINee, Baek-hyun from EXO, and actor Kim Min-jae.
- Fans said that he looks like Baekhyun of EXO and Daehyun of B.A.P. and said Baekhyun is his mother and Daehyun is his father.
- He is one of the mood makers in BTS along with member J-Hope.
- He loves GUCCI, and he has a lot of GUCCI things.
- The first album that he bought was a Girl’s Generation (SNSD) album.
- He has been showing interest in photography lately, and once, he said that if he wasn’t an idol he would probably be a photographer.
- His motto is “I just came up with it, but let’s live coolly to the maximum. Since life happens only once, wake up at ease in the morning and do your best.”
- According to a Yahoo Taiwan poll, he is the most popular BTS member in Taiwan.
- In the dorm, he is in charge of the washing machine.
- He likes amusement parks, especially the gyro drop, gyro swing and roller coasters.
- He can climb a tree, but he can’t get back down.
- He is ambidextrous. Originally, he was left-handed, but he’s now ambidextrous.
- He comes from a poor family: “I came from a poor family and I never thought I would become famous.” He grew up in a family of farmers and often takes pictures of the farm they own.
- He acted in the Korean drama Hwarang along with Park Seo-joon, Park Hyung-sik, Do Ji-han, Choi Min-ho, and Choi Yoon-woo.
- He became close with the Hwarang cast and often hangs out with them.
- The other group members, especially Jimin and Jin, once said that they are jealous that V always hangs out with the Hwarang cast.
- He sang in the Hwarang OST Part 2 with the song “It’s Definitely You” along with fellow member Jin.
- He was very happy when he celebrated his birthday along with K.Will at the MBC Gayo Daejun 2013. BTS’s waiting room was next to K.Will’s. He went to BTS’s waiting room and asked V to celebrate their birthday together.
- He said the 3 requirements for his happiness are family, health and honor.
- He likes Kyung-hoon– refer to Knowing Brother episode 94.
- He got a new puppy named Yeon-tan in December 2017, and it’s a black Pomeranian.
- He ranked 1st in the Top 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2017 by TC Candler.
- The members say he is the noisiest member in BTS along with J-Hope.
- His 4D personality makes him have a lot of friends.
- He currently shares a room with Rap Monster in BTS’s dorm.
- His ideal date is going to the amusement park or a nearby park. He thinks that it’ll be nice to hold hands. His ideal date is cute dating.
- His ideal type is someone who takes care of him and loves only him and who has a lot of aegyo.
- BTS’ V was rumored to be dating BLACKPINK’s Jennie.
BTS Member V’s Abs
All BTS members had abs when they first debuted because one of the steps in their choreography was showing their abs. But, that was when they had their debut.
Nowadays, only members Jungkook and Jimin are known to have abs. Recently, fans caught sight of V’s belly, and they said, “V, your belly is so cute“. V doesn’t have abs now.