The Group You Should Listen to for a Smooth and Calm Day, Urban Zakapa
Urban Zakapa is a South Korean R&B group that debuted on July 29, 2009, by Fluxus Music, now MaekUS Entertainment. In the beginning, Urban Zakapa consisted of nine members. Later on, they became only three: Park Yong-in, Jo Hyun-a, and Kwon Soon-il.
Urban Zakapa means urban, zappy, kaleidoscopic, and passionate. The group eventually sent cool vibes like their name meaning. For now, let’s get to know about Urban Zakapa’s profile, facts, pre-debut, Instagram, and more in this Channel-Korea article! Stay reading!
Urban Zakapa’s Profile
Urban Zakapa’s Profile and Facts
Urban Zakapa’s Kwon Soon-il’s Profile
Birth Name: Kwon Soon-il (Hangul: 권순일)
Position: Leader, Vocalist
Birthday: October 17, 1988
10 Facts About Urban Zakapa’s Kwon Soo-nil
1. Kwon Soonil was born in Incheon, South Korea.
2. Urban Zakapa was under Fluxux Entertainment from 2009-2016.
3. The group members come from the same hometown.
4. Their debut song is well-known and called “Cafe Latte.”
5. Yongin and Soonil were high school classmates.
6. Soonil wanted to be a musician, and Yongin gave the idea to make a trio.
7. Urban Zakapa originally had nine members with four vocalists and five instruments.
8. The members are really close to each other.
9. The way they work together is quite cool; they write lyrics individually then come together to find the best ones.
10. Mostly, their songs are written when they are together.
11. He likes Yoon Sang and wants to sing one of his songs.
Urban Zakapa’s Jo Hyun-a’s Profile and Facts
Urban Zakapa’s Jo Hyun-a’s Profile
Birth Name: Jo Hyun-a (Hangul: 조현아)
Birthday: August 28, 1989
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height: 158 cm (5’2”)
Weight: 42 kg (93 lbs)
Urban Zakapa’s Jo Hyu-na’s Facts
1. She was born in Seoul, South Korea.
2. She met Yongin at a hagwon (a learning center), and they started a singing duo.
3. Hyuna’s parents disagree with her passion for music, but after she got an award on MBC 별밤뽐내기, they supported her.
4. Hyuna is a solo artist.
5. Hyuna likes Yoon Jong-shin’s style in writing lyrics, and she wants to collaborate with him.
6. Hyuna’s role model is Ledisi, the jazz artist.
7. Hyuna wants to collaborate with her in a bluesy song.
8. Hyuna became a mentor on the show The Unit.
9. Hyuna wrote the song “Butterfly” when all of the members were enjoying chicken and drinking beer.
Urban Zakapa’s Park Yong-in’s Profile and Facts
Birth Name: Park Yong-in (Hangul: 박용인)
Birthday: September 7, 1988
Birthplace: Incheon, South Korea
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 67 kg (148 lbs)
Urban Zakapa’s Park Yong-in’s Facts
1. Yongin and Hyuna met at a hagwon (a learning center).
2. He and Hyuna are high school classmates.
3. Yongin adores Mariah Carey and wants to collaborate with her.
4. His role model is Lee Sora, and he wants to write a song for her.
Urban Zakapa’s Pre-Debut
Their story of first meeting each other is quite unique. Park Yong-in met Jo Hyun-a in 2004 at a practical music academy. They became a singing duo, although Hyuna’s parents were against the idea. She finally got permission to pursue her dream after getting an award from MBC.
Later on, Kwon Sun-il who was believed to be a musician met Yongin and asked him to join the group. They also each had a surprising pre-debut. Yongin was a former SM Entertainment trainee, Park was a part of the R&B group Bluewind Soul with Han Won-jong and Lee Suk-hoon, and Hyuna was a vocalist of hip hop Overclass.
Urban Zakapa’s Song and Album Highlights
Their song “Caffe Latte” was a hit and was a sweet song when they debuted in 2009. Check out their song below!
Later on, they released “Beautiful Day” on April 3, 2012, which brought them to number 41 on the Gaon Digital Chart. This song is legit! Check out the song below!
Another viral song from Urban Zakapa is “I Don’t Love You” which was released on May 27, 2016. The song has drama vibes and relates to someone who doesn’t love his/her lover but is in a relationship anyway. It is kind of a sad survival song. Check it out below!
Urban Zakapa’s Amazing Awards
Urban Zakapa has been awarded many nominations including for the 2012 Best Vocal Performance and Song of the Year at the 14th Mnet Asian Music Awards for their song “I Hate You.”
Check out their song below!
They also won some awards like the 31st Golden Chart Music Award and 2017 6th Gaon Chart Music Awards with the song “Don’t Love You.”
Check out the song below!
In 2018, they were also nominated for the 7th Gaon Chart Music Awards and Korea Popular Music Award for their song “When We Were Two.” Now, check out the song below!
Urban Zakapa’s Instagram
Some of the photos on their official Instagram are mostly reposts from their individual accounts. Yet, you can keep up with their activities in one place. Below is some of their activity from Instagram that shows their daily fun and busy life!
Isn’t Hyuna cute here?
That’s all about Urban Zakapa’s profile, pre-debut, Instagram, and career. Which song from Urban Zakapa do you like the most? Put it in the comments and share it on Twitter. Keep listening to and supporting Urban Zakapa!