Everything You Should Know About U-Kiss’s Lead Vocalist Yeo Hoon-min: Full Profile, Facts, Career, and a Lot More!
Do you know U-Kiss? Yes, the boy group that debuted in 2008 with some of their top hits, “Man Man Ha Ni” (2009), “Neverland” (2011), “Doradora” (2012), “She’s Mine” (2013), and many more, which are certainly still remembered in the music industry, especially by K-Pop fans who still remember the legendary boy group from the 2nd generation. The quality provided by U-Kiss by releasing a single every year is certainly a special attraction and brings achievements to their careers.
U-Kiss also has a sizable fandom called Kiss Me. Their fandom is also very broad to the whole world and also Japan which is a country that has quite a lot of Kiss Me. With a career of more than 10 years, how are the members of U-Kiss? In this article, we are going to provide you with a detailed rundown of everything about the lead vocalist of U-Kiss, which is Hoon!
If you are a fan of Hoon, don’t miss out the detailed information provided in this article below!
U-Kiss’s Hoon’s Full Profile
Real Name: Yeo Hoon-min (Hangul: 여훈민)
Stage Name: Hoon (Hangul: 여훈민)
Place of Birth: Namyangju, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Star Sign: Leo
Height: 181 cm
Weight: 67 kg
Blood Type: B
Position in the group: Lead Vocalist
- Changhyeon Elementary School (Graduation)
- Maseok Middle School (Graduation)
- Pyeongnae High School (Graduation)
- Dongguk University (Drama Studies/Bachelor)
U-Kiss’s Hoon’s Facts
- U-Kiss’s Hoon’s MBTI is ISFP
- U-Kiss’s Hoon has an older brother named Hoon-bi
- U-Kiss’s Hoon was an athlete when he was in Junior High School
- U-Kiss’s Hoon can play the piano
- U-Kiss’s Hoon can do Taekwondo
- U-Kiss’s Hoon trained for 5 months before joining the group
- U-Kiss’s Hoon appeared in KBS2’s High Five before he debuted when the show visited his high school
- U-Kiss’s Hoon had debuted as a solo artist using his original name, Yeo Hoon-in, before he decided to join as a member of U-Kiss
- U-Kiss’s Hoon was added to the group in 2011 after Alexander and Kibum’s contract were terminated
- U-Kiss’s Hoon officially made a debut while the group with the released of “0330”
- U-Kiss’s Hoon appeared as a cameo in Wonder Boys and Mr. Idol (2011) along with his fellow members, Soo-hyun, Ki-seop, and Dong-ho
- U-Kiss’s Hoon has appeared in several movies, such as Athena: Goddess of War (as a cameo, 2010), Beautiful Man (2013), Sweet Home, Sweet Honey (2015), and Unknown Woman (2017)
- U-Kiss’s Hoon never danced before joining the group
- U-Kiss’s Hoon was the 3rd member who had a chance to make a solo debut with “Yukisakura” on January 16th, 2017
- U-Kiss’s Hoon enlisted in the military on March 18th, 2019, to the Marine Corps training center located in Pohang and was expected to be discharged in October 2020
- U-Kiss’s Hoon broke up with his ex-girlfriend when he was a trainee, even though he liked her a lot
- U-Kiss’s Hoon is a member who listened to others well according to U-Kiss’s Soo-hyun
- U-Kiss’s Hoon was involved in a car accident back in 2012
- U-Kiss’s Hoon was invited to Girls’ Generation’s Seo-hyun’s drama musical, Moon Embracing the Sun, because they’re a friend with each other and also attended the same university
- U-Kiss’s Hoon’s ideal type is a short and curvy woman
Hoon’s Debut and Activity with U-KISS
U-KISS first consisted of 6 members in 2008. Kim Kibum and Kevin were members of the boy group Xing, but left in early 2007. The other four members were chosen by NH Media based on auditions. U-KISS debuted in Japan on August 15th, 2008, at Power of Atamix 08.
They debuted in South Korea on August 28th, 2008, with the release of a mini-album titled New Generation (N-Generation) on September 3rd, 2008, and performed their first live rendition of the song “Not Young” on Mnet.
Although they were newcomers to the industry, U-KISS were considered a boy group for a Japanese-Korean collaborative project. A popular entertainment company, Yoshimoto Group in Japan, invested 150 billion KRW in U-KISS as an internationally recognized group.
The reason behind this is their quality as a multilingual group: Alexander can speak seven languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, and English; Eli is fluent in English, Korean, and Mandarin; Dong-ho is a maknae who can speak Korean and Mandarin; Kevin is fluent in English, while Kibum can speak Japanese.
NH Media announced that U-KISS will be making their US debut. They recorded over 100 tracks for their US debut album, but it was canceled due to 2 members breaking the contract. Alexander and Kibum left U-KISS in 2011 and were replaced by former Paran member Kim Jae-seop (AJ) and former solo artist, Yeo Hoon-min (Hoon).
U-KISS made a comeback with their fifth mini-album, Brand New Kiss, with the new ballad song “0330”, whose lyrics were composed by one of the members, AJ. U-KISS released their second studio album, Neverland, in September 2011 with the singles “Neverland” and “Someday”. U-KISS also released a DVD documentation titled U-KISS Day in Japan which contains their activities in that country. The DVD debuted at # 8 of the Daily Oricon Chart published on March 30th, 2012.
From June 8th, they stayed in Japan for 3 months to prepare for their official Japanese debut under Avex Japan. The compilation album First Kiss peaked at #2 on the Daily Chart at the time of its release. They released the Japanese version of Brand New Kiss on August 24th, 2011. They released their first Japanese single, “Tick Tack”.
They then released their second Japanese single “Forbidden Love” from their first Japanese studio album A Shared Dream. The album peaked at #2 and #6 on the Japanese charts. In 2012, Oricon published high sales in Japan like other big artists such as KARA and Girls’ Generation.
Apart from releasing albums and concerts, Dong-ho and Hoon have also been cast in the new film for TV series Holly Land/Holiday which deals with the rebellion of high school students in 2012.
As time went on, there was a change of members who left the group and only 3 members stayed in U-Kiss. In December 2020, two members of the U-KISS boy group, Soohyun and Hoon were rumored to be debuting as a unit and releasing their first song in 2021.
This unit will be a great thing because it is filled with the main vocals of the group. Even so, the name of their unit was not yet known. The unit’s debut song titled “I Wish” was released on January 27th, 2021. This is their first single album after completing their mandatory military service.
“I Wish” is described as a romantic song with ballad music that is perfect for winter listening. The two of them wrote this song and it will be released in Japanese and Korean. This attracts the expectations of his fans.
U-Kiss’s Hoon’s Solo Activity
After U-Kiss was rumored to be promoting as a trio with the remaining members, which are Hoon, Soo-hyun, and Jun, the members ended up undergoing erratic promotions and only releasing singles a few times.
Hoon is also living his current life as he usually shares via Instagram with several photos and videos showing his activities from his personal life. You can visit Hoon’s Instagram to see lots of the latest content he has uploaded related to his activities and upcoming work!
Prior to releasing “I Wish”, together with Soo-hyun in February 2020, Hoon also made a solo debut on February 15th, 2017, by releasing a Japanese song titled “Yukisakura”.
Well, that was all the information about U-Kiss’s Hoon: from his full profile, his fun facts, to his career journey with the group and becoming a member who does solo promotions to remain active in his career until now. Let’s give support to U-Kiss’s Hoon so that his career can shine even brighter. And, if you like this article, please don’t forget to kindly share it on your social media and stay tuned for more interesting upcoming articles from Channel-Korea!