Everything You Should Know About U-Kiss’ Former Rapper, Alexander Lee a.k.a Xander!
Do you guys know about U-Kiss? In case you don’t know, U-Kiss (Hangul: 유키스) is a South Korean boy group formed by NH Media in 2008. U-Kiss debuted with 6 original members with Alexander, Kibum, Dongho, Kevin, Eli, and Soohyun. U-Kiss is also famous for promoting in Korea and Japan with several top hits such as “Man Man Ha Ni,” “Bingeul Bingeul,” “0330,” “Neverland,” and many more.
In this article, there’s detailed information about a member of U-Kiss who decided to leave the group in 2011. What is the reason for him leaving the group very early? Without waiting any longer, let’s find out more about the answer and get to know more about U-Kiss’ former member Alexander Lee starting from his full profile, fun facts, solo career, until his discography in the article below!
U-Kiss’ Alexander’s Full Profile
Real Name: Alexander Lee Eusebio (Hangul: 알렉산더 이 유세비오)
Stage Name: Alexander or Xander
Birth: Hong Kong, July 29, 1988
Star Sign: Leo
Height: 182 cm (6’0″)
Weight: 63 kg (138 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Position in the Group: Rapper, Vocalist
- De Anza College in California (Communications)
- Korea University (majored in Journalism and Mass Communications)
U-Kiss’ Alexander’s Facts
- U-Kiss’ Alexander is half Korean (from his mother’s side, Lee Chungmi), a quarter Chinese, and a quarter Portuguese (from his father’s side, Anthony Eusebio)
- U-Kiss’ Alexander has an older sister named Victoria Eusebio
- U-Kiss’ Alexander can speak 7 languages: Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Japanese
- U-Kiss’ Alexander made his debut as a member of U-KISS in 2008
- U-Kiss’ Alexander’s last released song with U-Kiss is “Shut Up!!”
- U-Kiss’ Alexander left U-Kiss on February 23, 2011
- U-Kiss’ Alexander made his solo debut with the single “I Just” on December 13, 2011
- U-Kiss’ Alexander acted on a TV series in the Philippines called My Korea Jagiya
- U-Kiss’ Alexander started his acting career by playing a role in a Channel A Korean drama entitled Immortal Masterpiece in 2012
- U-Kiss’ Alexander starred in the K-drama Moorim School (2016)
- U-Kiss’ Alexander hosted tvN Asia’s One Night Food Trip International with 2PM‘s Nichkhun in 2018
- U-Kiss’ Alexander hosted tvN Asia’s Wok the World’ with Chef Alvin Leung and Chef Eric Chong
- U-Kiss’ Alexander is a brand ambassador and model for dENiZEN Singapore
- U-Kiss’ Alexander’s ideal type is girls with curly hair and brown eyes
- U-Kiss’ Alexander’s hobbies are watching movies, listening to music, and taking pictures
- U-Kiss’ Alexander was a foreign member with Kevin and Eli, and they could communicate in English, so they relied on each other a lot
- U-Kiss’ Alexander received Level 5 on his TOPIK’s test
- U-Kiss’ Alexander appeared in advertisements for a campaign against youth gambling in Macau prior to his debut
- U-Kiss’ Alexander said he couldn’t speak Korean at all until he went to Korea when he was 19 years old
- U-Kiss’ Alexander was the oldest member of the group
U-Kiss’ Alexander’s Solo Career
Xander is a singer of Korean-Chinese-Portuguese descent. He debuted as a member of U-Kiss in 2008. On February 23, 2011, news emerged that he and Kibum had left the group. NH Media released a statement that the reason Xander left the group was a personal reason to continue his studies. However, this was denied by Xander. According to him, he left the group not for the reasons stated by NH Media.
Alexander is also known as DJ Arirang Radio Pops in Seoul in the segments All About You and Radio School with Kevin and Eli. He has collaborated with several foreign artists including the rappers Brave Brothers in “Finally” and Hye Ji’s “Your Love.”
He also took part in “Father, I Honor You,” a concert in Hong Kong on June 18, 2011, singing the gospel songs “아주” (A Long Long Time Ago) and “Nobody.” In October 2011, together with Brian Joo, Pastor Johnny, and members of 3rd Wave, Alexander was part of a fan meeting as well as a music rally event at the FGA church in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He performed “Looking for the Day” along with Brian Joo and Pastor Johnny as well as several other songs together with 3rd Wave.
Since leaving U-Kiss, Alexander made his first comeback through the fan meeting “When Alexander Met You…” held in Hong Kong on August 6, 2011. He made his solo debut on December 9, 2011, through a showcase event held in Akasaka Blitz, Tokyo.
He also held a showcase in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on December 18, 2011, where he sang songs from his new album, namely “I Just” and “Oh Baby” as well as “That Man,” the soundtrack of the popular Korean drama Secret Garden. He also featured a song in Chinese for the first time, “情非得已,” the soundtrack of the Taiwanese drama Meteor Garden. The title track of his first single, “I Just,” debuted at #37 on the M! Countdown chart of Mnet Japan.
In 2013, Alexander starred in his first film, 3 Peas in the Pod (他她他), alongside Calvin Chen of the Taiwanese group Fahrenheit. The film was directed by Michelle Chong and the shooting took place primarily in Australia in March 2013.
Deciding to leave U-Kiss in the middle of his career did not stop Alexander from seeking satisfaction in his industrial career. Debuting as an idol was a big opportunity at that time. On July 28, 2020, Alexander revealed that he was kicked from the group because of his lack of popularity at that time through an interview.
Nonetheless, Alexander proved that he can also be successful as a soloist. Alexander began to sign contracts at several agencies such as MPlus Entertainment, Left Profile, and White Wind Entertainment in turn to keep actively promoting.
Besides that, Alexander also took several jobs such as singer, actor, host, and many more. This has been proved by his appearance in some K-dramas including Immortal Masterpiece (2012), God’s Quiz 3 (2013), Moorim School: Saga of the Brave (2016), My Korean Jagiya (2017), Dear Uge (2017), and Daig Kayo Ng Lola Ko (2018). His roles were as the main cast, special appearances, and cameos for supporting roles.
Alexander also became a co-host for some radio programs such as “Arirang Radio: The Ugly Truth” (2015), “tbs eFM 101.3Mhz Double Date” (2017), and “tbs eFM 101.3Mhz All Things Kpop” (2019). He also appeared as a host on a variety show after deciding to leave the group on Arirang TV: Stylecast 2017.
U-Kiss’ Alexander’s Ability To Speak 7 Language
Having expertise in language is certainly the thing that K-pop idols can be most proud of. They come from different countries, and they also have to communicate with fans who come from different countries, too. Therefore, K-pop idols usually have difficulty with language.
However, this is not the case with U-Kiss’ Alexander who was gifted with the ability to speak in 7 different languages! The former member of U-Kiss is already known as one of the K-pop idols who has many language skills such as Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Japanese.
During his promotion days with U-Kiss, Alexander was known to have excellent language skills. This was shown several times on the variety show they appeared in. Many people were impressed with his language skills, especially when U-Kiss had to promote overseas.
U-Kiss’ Alexander also showed his ability to speak in 7 languages while saying “I Love You” in different languages in the video that you can watch above!
U-Kiss’ Alexander’s Discography
Although the previous agency had doubts about U-Kiss’ Alexander’s ability because of his popularity, after he left the group, he was able to prove that he was successful in various fields in the entertainment industry!
Not only that but Alexander also released several singles as a soloist. Without further ado, don’t skip the session below to get to know more about U-Kiss’ Alexander’s discography!
|“Your Love” (feat. Alexander) by Hyeji||2011|
|Hero Challenge OST – “Hero”||2010|
|Real School OST Part 1 – “Kiss Me, Always”||2011|
|Immortal Classic OST – “The Kimchi Song”||–|
|3 Peas in a Pod OST – “You and I”||2013|
|My Korean Jagiya OST– “My Jagiya” featuring Heart Evangelista||2017|
|S.M.N. [as AXM (with Marucci)]||2018|
Well, that is all of the information about U-Kiss’ Alexander and everything you should know about him. Let’s keep supporting Alexander Lee and give a lot of love. We hope that his career will shine even brighter in the future. If you like this article, don’t forget to share it on your social media and wait for another upcoming article from Channel-Korea!