Let’s Get To Know More Closely Twice’s Main Rapper and Maknae – Son Chae-young
Son Chae-young was born on April 23rd, 1999, in Seoul, South Korea. She is better known as Chaeyoung. She is a South Korean singer and rapper. She is a member of the famous and phenomenal K-Pop girl group, TWICE, which was formed by JYP Entertainment through the 2015 survival program, SIXTEEN.
She currently studies at Hanlim Multi Art School as a first-year student in music practice.
Chae-young’s Full Profile
|Birth Name||Son Chae-young (손채영)|
|Stage Name||Chaeyoung (채영)|
|Date and Place of Birth||April 23rd, 1999, Seoul, South Korea|
|Position||Main Rapper, Vocalist|
|Official Height||163 cm (5’4″)|
|Real Height||158.9 cm (5’3″)|
|Weight||48 kg (106 lbs)|
Interesting Facts About Chae-young
- She was born in Seoul, South Korea.
- Chaeyoung has a younger brother, Jeong Hun, who is an aspiring model.
- She passed the audition on June 6th, 2012.
- She is the shortest of the members.
- Education: Hanlim Multi Art School
- Chaeyoung’s English name is Katarina.
- Her representative color is Red.
- She loves to draw.
- She doesn’t like beans and Nayeon makes fun of her because of that.
- She sleeps the most out of the members.
- She and Dahyun are in charge of washing the dishes at the dorm.
- Chaeyoung likes basketball.
- Chaeyoung likes Disney cartoons.
- Chaeyoung likes healthy foods like veggies but doesn’t like sweets. She says this is because she grew up with her grandmother when she was young.
- Chaeyoung sleeps the most. She usually sleeps without even eating.
- Chaeyoung is good at making certain sounds like wild-duck-quacking sound or window-wiping sound.
- Chaeyoung and Tzuyu often sing PPAP. (Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen – PPAP Song)
- When Chaeyoung can’t sleep, she listens to music, uses her phone, uses the dictionary, and thinks.
- Chaeyoung and BLACKPINK’s Chaeyoung (Rosé) are close.
- Chaeyoung and Cosmic Girls’ Yeoreum were schoolmates in middle school and became friends.
- Chaeyoung is close to Jinsol from April because they were in the same class in high school.
- Chaeyeong and Jeon So-mi (I.O.I) are best friends since they were trainees.
- Chaeyoung and Nayeon did ballet when they were younger. They just didn’t learn it long enough to be good at it.
- Chaeyoung can do an impersonation of Togeworl’s Kim Yerim.
- She was in GOT7’s “Stop Stop It” MV and miss A’s “Only You” MV.
- Chaeyoung is shy when singing in front of the other members even though her singing is as good as her rapping.
- Chaeyoung loves Taeyeon’s “If.” She sings it often.
- Chaeyoung can write songs. She and Jihyo wrote their song “Eye Eye Eyes.” She also wrote some of her raps on their other songs.
- Chaeyoung’s favorite colors are black and purple.
- Chaeyoung said she is going to get her driver’s license as soon as she turns into an adult.
- Chaeyoung is Catholic.
- In the dorm, the maknae line, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu share a room.
- Chaeyoung’s ideal type: Someone who takes care of me well; someone who loves me a lot; someone who dresses well.
- TWICE’s Chaeyong’s English name is Katarina.
- TWICE’s Chaeyoung will do intermittent fasting when she’s on a diet.
Chaeyoung attended the dance academy for a year in the sixth grade. After a successful audition to JYP Entertainment which took place on June 6th, 2012, Chaeyoung trained nearly three years before becoming a contestant on the 2015 show, Sixteen, where she was announced as a member of Twice in the finale. During her trainee years, Chaeyoung appeared in the music videos of GOT7’s song, “Stop Stop It” and Miss A’s “Only You.”
Got7’s “Stop Stop It”
Miss A’s “Only You”
Before debut, members of TWICE Mina, Nayeon, Tzuyu, and Chaeyoung appeared in their senior labelmates’ Music Video, Miss A’s “Only You.”
Chae-young in SIXTEEN
SIXTEEN was a 2015 reality girl group survival show created by JYP Entertainment and Mnet. The show pitted sixteen trainees against one another to secure a spot in the girl group Twice. Sixteen contestants were assessed for not only their singing and dancing abilities but also their charisma and personality. The show premiered on May 5th, 2015, and ran for ten episodes through July 7th, on Mnet.
Starting on April 13th, 2015, JYP Entertainment (JYPE) began releasing profiles of the 16 candidates through Mnet’s channel and on the Sixteen YouTube channel. Contestants were revealed to include three Japanese trainees, one Thai trainee, one Korean-Canadian trainee, and one Taiwanese trainee. Some insight into the show’s format was given, revealing that seven of the show’s contestants were already candidates for the new girl group while the remaining nine would seek to replace them in the final line up.
Debut with TWICE
Chaeyoung was announced as one of the trainees for SIXTEEN, a survival program to determine the new JYP Entertainment girl group members. This program began on May 5th and ended with her successfully becoming a member of TWICE. On October 20th, 2015, Chaeyoung made her debut as a TWICE member with the release of the mini-album The Story Begins and the main song “Like OOH-AHH.”