Let’s Get to Know More Closely Treasure 13’s Youngest and Charismatic Member So Jung-hwan
So Jung-hwan is known as a YG Entertainment trainee. He was born on February 18th, 2005, in Iksan City, Jeollabuk-do (North Jeolla Province), South Korea. He is from the Treasure C Subunit.
So Jung-hwan’s Profile
|Birth Name||So Jung-hwan (소정환)|
|Stage Name||Junghwan (정환)|
|Date and Place of Birth||February 18th, 2005, Iksan City, Jeollabuk-do (North Jeolla Province), South Korea.|
|Possible Position||Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Maknae|
|Height||174 cm (5’8.5″)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lbs)|
So Jung-hwan’s Interesting Facts
- Junghwan was in K tigers.
- When he was nine, Junghwan was in a Yeongdong peaches ad.
- Junghwan was part of the first seven line up.
- Inhong is his best friend.
- Nickname: Sloth (Junkyu gave him his nickname).
- Junghwan performed BTS’ Jimin’s lie and won against Hyunsuk.
- Junghwan sang the first verse of “Going Crazy.”
- Junghwan and Jeongwoo are schoolmates.
- He didn’t get the correct answers on Hearing Test 5 senses.
- Describe yourself with three words: sparkling eyes, persistent, and attractive side.
- He performed “I need a girl” by Taeyang from X GD and won against Inhong.
- Motto: Don’t let your efforts go in vain.
- His specialties are Taekwondo and dancing.
- He says that he has a bright and cheerful personality.
- He thinks that his sharp jawline and hooked nose are attractive and make him a heart-throb.
- His dream is to become a hard-earned singer.
- Junghwan and Jeongwoo come from the same dance academy in Iksan.
- He trained for 9 months.
- In the dorm, he has a room for himself.
- He has brown eyes.
- He has been in many CF’s and has also worked as a model.
- Junghwan and Jeongwoo are from Iksan City, Jeollabuk-do (North Jeolla Province), South Korea.
- Junghwan and Jeongwoo knew each other before YG’s TREASURE BOX.
- If he was a girl, he would fall for Yedam because his voice will melt him.
- If he was a girl, he would fall for Hyunsuk because he is manly and cute.
- Jeongwoo is his mental support.
So Jung-hwan’s Appearance in YG’s Survival Show Treasure Box
YG’s Treasure Box Final Episode Results: 4 Members Announced
The last episode of the YG’s Treasure Box was aired on January 18th, 2019, through the V Live YG Treasure Box channel at 10 p.m. KST, or 20.00 WIB. Also, the show was aired on the YG Treasure Box and JTBC channel at 24.00 KST, or 22.00 WIB.
The first four members of the seven members who will debut have been revealed in this episode, Haruto, Bang Ye-dam, So Jung-hwan, and Kim Jun-kyu. While the other three members will be announced one by one through the V Live YG Treasure Box account at 11.00 KST, or at 09.00 WIB. The fifth member was announced on January 21st, 2019, the sixth member on January 23rd, 2019, and the last member on January 25th, 2019.
In the last episode, 13 participants who entered the final round were given a mission to choose positions between vocals, rap or dance. Then, if the members in each of these positions occupy the first position, then it is certain to be the member who will debut. Participants who want to debut must collect a total of 1000 points, of which 50 percent vote from the decisions of YG Entertainment producers, 20 percent by online voting, and 30 percent by voting fans who come to the studio.
Finally, the position evaluation team was determined, where the vocal team was Park Jung-woo, Bang Ye-dam, and Kim Jun-kyu. While in the rap team there are Choi Hyun-suk, Haruto, Ha Yoon-bin, and Lee Byoung-gon, and the dance team is Kim Seung-hun, So Jung-hwan, Kim Do-young, Park Ji-hoon, Yoon Jae -hyuk, and Mashiho. The vocal team sang BIGBANG’s song “Last Dance,” the rap team performed MOBB’s (Mino & Bobby)’s song “Hit Me.” The dance team performed the songs “Earned It” by The Weekend, and “Goosebumps” by Travis Scott.
From the results of the performance, the one who got the highest vote in the rap team was Haruto, then in the dance team was Mashiho, and the vocal team was won by Kim Jun-kyu. However, these results are not final, considering there are still voices from YG Entertainment producers who will also influence the results.
After the first four members were announced, not a few fans wanted YG Entertainment to nominate nine members rather than just seven members, considering that many trainees were considered to have talent. YG Entertainment itself has not provided news about the debut date for trainees who made it to the YG Treasure Box debut list.
YG Entertainment Reveals Complete Details about Treasure 13 Debut
YG Entertainment has just announced they will debut a group with 13 members, Treasure 13. They were formed from the survival show titled YG Treasure Box. Treasure 13 will later promote as a large or separate group. This was revealed directly by Yang Hyun-suk, the CEO, through his official blog, FROM YG.
“I participated in the biggest survival program trainee at YG Entertainment after previously creating BIGBANG, WINNER, and iKON. Consisting of 28 trainees, my biggest regret was not being able to debut many talented individuals with great potential in small ‘boats’. So, I decided to bring the cloth ‘ship’ and choose 13 members,” said YG Entertainment.
Initially, the 13 members will undergo a joint promotion. However, later, Treasure 13 will be divided into two subunits, so that each member gets the same portion in the song.
“They will first debut as a 13 member group called Treasure 13. The reason why I did not immediately choose 13 people, and divided them into two groups, is because I realized through iKON, that groups with more than 7 members would make them difficult to divide the part when singing. So there are members who can only sing in small portions before leaving the stage,” he continued.
“So, I decided to promote Treasure 13 as a group and two separate groups. Including their promotions, which will be separated, showing the capabilities and roles of each individual,” YG Entertainment added.
The first group consisting of seven people had previously been announced, and was given the name TREASURE. While the second group, consisting of six people, was named Magnum.
“The name Magnum was chosen because of a well-known term, ‘Drunk on music’ such as ‘Drunk on alcohol’ or ‘Drunk on the mood.’ And from a number of good-quality alcohol names, they refer to a 1.5-liter double wine bottle as Magnum,” explained YG Entertainment.
“I chose this name in the hope that the world would become ‘addicted’ to the music of Magnum. This name is also commonly used to explain the model of a weapon. So I feel this name is more suitable for a boy band than a girl group,” he concluded.