Victoria Song—The Leader of Girl Group F(X)
Victoria is a South Korean girl-group member of F(X). She has been active in both South Korea and China. Victoria is a Chinese singer, actress, model, dancer, TV presenter, etc. She made a debut as a member of F(X) on September 5th, 2009, with the single “LA chA TA” along with other members Luna, Sully, Krystal, and Amber. After leaving SM Entertainment, Victoria Song pursued a career as a solo artist and also as an actress. In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a run-through of everything about Victoria. Stay tuned!
Full Profile of Victoria Song
- Stage Name: Victoria/Victoria Song
- Occupation: Singer, Actress
- Position: Leader, Main Dancer, Sub Vocalist, Lead Rapper, Visual
- Real Name: 宋茜 (Sòng Qiàn, Song Chien)
- Korean Name: Song Jeon (송전)
- Nickname: VicSong, SongTori, Big Mom, Wangki-ssi, Captain Beagle
- Date of Birth: February 2nd, 1987
- Place of Birth: Qingdao City, Shandong Province, China
- Nationality: Chinese
- Star Sign: Aquarius
- Height: 168.5 cm
- Weight: 45 kg
- Blood Type: A
- Debut Date: September 5th, 2009, with single “LA chA TA”
- Agency: SM Entertainment (2009–2019)
- Associated Acts: F(X)
- Education: Qingdao Virtual Elementary School (Graduation), Department of Ethnic Dance, Beijing Martial Arts Academy (dropped out)
- Official Instagram: victoria02_02
Facts about Victoria Song
- She appeared in the TV show We Got Married, where her “husband” was 2PM‘s Nichkhun, in 2010.
- She is 168.5 cm tall and quite tall, but looking back at the pictures from elementary school, she is the shortest among her friends.
- The first time she came to Korea was December 4th, 2007. The first Korean food she ate in Korea was a Korean side dish. Unlike Chinese dishes, there were several side dishes, and when you ask for more, they will give you more.
- Fans call them angels by cleaning up trash on the stage or on the streets, helping people in need at the airport, or giving fans donuts, coffee, etc. as gifts.
- In September 2007, she was cast by SME through a Beijing dance competition.
- Specializing in traditional and Jazz dance, she is also known for her incredible flexibility.
- Victoria has appeared in other groups’ music videos, such as SHINee‘s “Replay” MV, Super Junior‘s “U” MV, Kangta‘s “In My Heart Someday” MV and “Breaka Shaka” MV, TRAX‘s “Let You Go” and “Blind” MV.
- In a photoshoot with a cat, she revealed that she is allergic to cats.
- She prefers dogs to cats.
- Victoria doesn’t like green onions and cilantro. She doesn’t like vegetables with strong scents.
History as an F(X) Member
Victoria debuted with F(X) on September 5th, 2009. F(X) was a 4-member multinational girl group that debuted under SM Entertainment. The members’ names are uniquely expressed in the form of f(x), a mathematical symbol meaning “function expression.” Like a formula that changes the result according to the value of x, it contains the meaning of promoting various activities in Asia based on the various charms and concepts of the members. The members are from various countries, such as Amber from the USA, Krystal from the USA and Korea, Luna from Korea, and Victoria from China. Actually, the group consisted of five members, but Sully left the group in 2015.
Victoria was the leader of the group. She was also the main dancer and sub-vocalist. Victoria’s singing skills have been undervalued due to language barriers. She would only get small parts because of her pronunciation. In April 2011, f(x) released their first full-length studio album Pinocchio with the lead single “Pinocchio (Danger).” The single peaked at number one on the Gaon digital singles chart. Afterward, they released a repackaged album containing the title track “Hot Summer” which became one of the most successful singles of 2011 in South Korea.
On June 10th, 2012, F(X) released their second EP called Electric Shock. Through Electric Shock, they won the Best Dance Performance – Female Group at the MAMA Awards in 2012. F(X) has been known well by the public. They received many awards from various music award shows in Korea. F(X) was still doing activities until the end of 2016, but after that, they started to halt from group promotions because the members decided to embark on individual music, acting, and modeling careers, respectively.
Check out one of the most-watched F(X) music videos, here:
Becoming a Solo Artist and Leaving SM Entertainment
Based on her Weibo update, she wrote a long post announcing her departure from SM Entertainment and also thanking all of her fans.
“In a blink of an eye, it’s been 10 years. On September 5th, 2009, I stood on the stage and made my official debut. I already understood at that time that hard work will always pay off, luck is also important, but chance favors the prepared mind. I only hoped that I could hold onto every chance, leaving no regrets. And now it’s the 10th anniversary, it’s an ending point, and also a starting point. I’m thankful for everything in these 10 years with SM; we will begin the next journey in a new manner. This is a new beginning, a restart to my journey, but I will still be me, I will continue to be myself, not forget the past and move forward. I will work hard to be a better version of myself; as long as my belief is strong, I will not be easily strayed from my path. Cherish every opportunity! You should cherish everything around you, really, everything! So, thank you for all of your hard work and bravery, which has helped me get everything I have now. Thank you to my family and friends. Grateful for all the trust and support given, and I hope I have not disappointed anyone, I will continue to give my best. So, would you be willing to walk with me for the next 10 years?”
VICTORIA weibo update pic.twitter.com/ajupxA20eV
— #REAL.C (@xxrealcode) September 5, 2019
Victoria uploaded a short video clip on Instagram celebrating their 10th anniversary. Check it out:
View this post on Instagram
Chapter.3 [DIAMOND FOREVER] #victoria #10thanniversary #宋茜 #出道十周年 一眨眼，十年了。2009年9月5号，我站上舞台正式出道。那个时候我已经懂得，只要付出努力就会有收获，运气也很重要，但机会是只给有准备的人的。我只希望自己能抓住所有机会，不留遗憾。而今10周年了，是终点，也是起点。感恩与S.M这十年的所有，我们今后会以一个全新的方式再走下去。这是一个新的开始，重新出发，我还是我，我会继续做自己，不忘初心、勇往直前。我会努力成为更好的自己，坚定信念，认定就不会被轻易改变主意！珍惜每一个机会！珍惜身边每一个人，一切的一切！所以，谢谢那个努力且勇敢的自己，让我可以拥有现在的一切！谢谢我的家人和朋友，感恩所有爱我和我爱的人，能够遇上你们是我的福气。感恩所有的信任与支持，希望我没有辜负你们对我的期望，以后也会全力以赴。所以，你们愿意跟我一起接着走向下一个10年吗？
After her departure from SM Entertainment, Victoria continued to be a solo artist. On March 13th, 2018, She made her Chinese solo debut with the digital single “Roof On Fire.”