Everything You Need To Know About The East Light’s ‘Happy Virus’ Jung Sa-gang: Profile, Fun Facts, And A Lot More!
Have you heard about The East Light? A South Korean band that debuted on November 3rd, 2016, and consisted of 6 talented boys: Lee Seok-cheol, Lee Eun-sung, Lee Seung-hyun, Kim Jun-wook, Jung Sagang, and Lee Woo-jin. Although The East Light has now been disbanded due to the controversy and cases of violence experienced by two of the members, they are still remembered by loyal fans.
In this article, there’s detailed information about a member of The East Light who held a position as a rapper of the group. Do you know who is he? Yes, he is Jung Sa-gang, who used to be a contestant in Mnet’s Voice Kids, before he debuted with the band. Without waiting any longer, let’s find out more about The East Light’s Sagang in this article below.
The East Light’s Sagang’s Full Profile
Real Name: Jung Sagang (Hangul: 정사강)
Stage Name: Sagang (Hangul: 사강)
Place and Date of Birth: Seodaemun, Seoul, South Korea, October 26th, 2002
Star Sign: Scorpio
Position In The Group: Rapper, Vocalist
- Seoul Goeun Elementary School
- Shinyeon Middle School (Transfer)
- Bangbae Middle School (Graduation)
- Kyungmun High School (Transfer)
- Seocho High School (Graduated)
Official Site: Instagram (@sagang_official)
The East Light’s Sagang’s Facts
- The East Light’s Sagang can play various instruments (he knows the basics)
- The East Light’s Sagang learned the bass from Seung-hyun, the drums from Seok-cheol, and the guitar from Junwook
- The East Light’s Sagang has one older sister
- The East Light’s Sagang is the happy virus of the group
- The East Light’s Sagang is good at rapping
- The East Light’s Sagang is very talkative
- The East Light’s Sagang appeared in The Voice Kids and he was in Yang YoSeob’s Team
- The East Light’s Sagang and Eunsung reunited with Yoseob in Mnet’s I Can See Your Voice 4
- The East Light’s Sagang appeared in Tour Avatar 2, together with Eunsung and Woojin
- The East Light’s Sagang can do a voice impression of the Korean president
- The East Light’s Sagang’s nickname used to be Tomato (when he was 7 years old)
- The East Light’s Sagang’s special talent is “flushing” (he can make his face flush by lowering his head for 10 seconds)
- The East Light’s Sagang can only flush up to 3 times per day since he needs to be recharged
- The East Light’s Sagang said that he wouldn’t have been able to study if his parents told him that he couldn’t become a singer
- The East Light’s Sagang probably would become a BJ if he didn’t debut as a singer because he liked to be in front of the camera
- The East Light’s Sagang wore colored lenses during his Real Men activities. To the fans who asked for lens information, he said, “If I win first place on a music show, I’ll tell you everything from information to price”
- The East Light’s Sagang rides the swing really well. He has the talent (?) to climb very high. He climbs the same, whether sitting or standing, and he lands perfectly even when he jumps from it
- The East Light’s Sagang said that the level of the placement was downgraded by the level of 17 points in the middle school English test
- The East Light’s Sagang is a multi-talented musician, he can sing, play various instruments such as guitar, drums, he can also rap, dance, and beatbox
- The East Light’s Sagang often kissed the other group members and The East Light’s Woojin hated him for it
- The East Light’s Sagang stood as a model for the graffiti manji fashion show on October 18th, 2018, at the S/S Hera Seoul Fashion Week
- The East Light’s Sagang mentioned that he was close with Seventeen members through his Instagram live and they have been close since they were trainees. They are also playing together with Samuel Kim, who was of the same age as a member of Pledis at the time
Sagang’s Appearance in Mnet’s The Voice Kids in 2013
The powerful stage of rock and roll kids Jeong Sagang became a hot topic on Mnet’s Voice Kids broadcast on January 11th, 2013, he showed off his singing ability with a song titled “Aspirin”.
Sagang, who had been active as a vocalist and guitarist of Rock and Roll Kids for two years at the age of 11, captivated the judges at once with his relaxed stage manners and stable singing ability.
Yang Yoseob, who took Sagang’s stage as the lead, called him ‘Beast Style’ and said, “If you become my mentee, I will give you the dance of Lee Gikwang, the song composed by Yong Junhyung, and my signed CD.”
Seo In-young continued, “There are parts of it that I regret, but I fell for the ‘Woo’ part. I know how to enjoy singing. The technique is lacking, but I will fill that part through training.”
Yang Yoseob was chosen by Sagang. Seo In-young then said, “I want to be an idol too,” and laughed out loud.
Sagang’s Debut with The East Light
The East Light’s Sagang has a soft and clear tone, he has a rough and husky voice. He debuted as a member of The East Light on November 3rd, 2016, in the position of vocalist (rapper) and guitarist.
From “Holla” to “You’re My Love”, he is mainly in charge of verse 2 in all the sound sources released so far, but The East Light’s Sagang’s voice is rough, so he sometimes thought that the listeners might be surprised if they heard his voice from verse 1, so he gave Eunsung the first part.
Overall, it seems to be a wise choice to match the triumph of music, as the sound sources flow calmly in verse 1 and exhilaratingly in verse 2. However, he did not give up the desire to include his own voice in verse 1, and he mentioned that he was competing in good faith with Eunsung while always researching how to calmly raise his voice.
However, it is not common to use husky vocals at a young age. Although the period of transformation has not yet come, and his voice remains, if he passes that time well, there is a high possibility that he will become known as a vocalist with a unique tone.
The East Light’s Sagang fully participated in every activity and promotion of the band since they released some singles from 2016 to 2018, such as “Holla” (2016), “I Am What I Am” (2016), “You’re My Love (Tropical Mix)” (2017), “Love Is…” (2017), “I Got You” (2017), “Real Man” (2018), “Are You Okay” (2018), and their latest single “Love Flutters” (2018).
The East Light’s Sagang’s Reunion With HIGHLIGHT’s Yo-seob
The East Light’s Lee Eunsung and Jung Sagang reunited with HIGHLIGHT’s Yang Yoseob after 5 years. On May 4th, 2017, HIGHLIGHT’s Yoseob appeared as a guest on Mnet’s I Can See Your Voice 4, while Lee Eunsung and Jung Sagang appeared as mystery singers wearing wigs, arousing curiosity.
The two of them, who sang Yang Yoseob’s “Caffeine” as a lip-sync song, showed a soft voice and cute performance that surprised even the original singer. The moment the panelists were confused, Yang Yoseob, who recognized the true identity of Jung Sagang, shouted “Sagang-ah!”
The two of them, who appeared as participants in Mnet’s Voice Kids in the past, were evaluated by Yang Yoseob, who was a judge at the time. In particular, Jung Sagang played an active part in Yang Yoseob’s team, so their relationship was different.
Yang Yoseob, who met his mentee again after 5 years, could not hide his pleasure, and Jung Sagang had grown up enough to build harmony in Yang Yoseob’s song, creating a warm scene.
Jung Sagang and Lee Eunsung sang “Plz Don’t Be Sad” together with the HIGHLIGHT members, finishing the day’s broadcast.
The East Light’s Jung Sagang released a photo taken with Yang Yoseob on February 25th, 2018, on his Instagram with a caption, “It was so good to meet you yesterday at Music Bank!! I learned a lot thanks to Yoseob hyung haha,” along with the picture.
In the published photo, Yang Yoseob is holding a CD signed by The East Light and stares at the camera. They drew attention by creating a visual warmth that is hard to distinguish. Seeing this, netizens had various reactions, such as: “Your tone is so cute,” “It’s so nice to see this combination,” and “You worked hard today, too.”
The East Light, to which Jung Sagang belonged at that time, released a special digital single “Valentine’s Day” through various online music sites at 6 p.m. on the 13th.
“Valentine’s Day” is an acoustic pop genre song featuring The East Light’s sweet sensibility and cute lyrics. The East Light, who showed their musical maturity through the recently released third single “Real Man”, once again attracted the attention of fans with this new song that contains a simple feeling for Valentine’s Day.