Everything You Need To Know About TAHITI’s Rapper Lee Da-som a.k.a Keezy!
TAHITI (Hangul: 타히티) was known as a girl group that debuted under J-Line Entertainment in 2012 with 6 original members with EJ, Keezy, Yeeun, Jungbin, Jisoo, and Minjae. TAHITI was included as a girl group that actively made comebacks every year. But, did you know that TAHITI experienced several member changes?
In this article, there’s detailed information about one of the members from TAHITI, Keezy, who only participated during the debut era with “Tonight.” She only lasted for a few months as a member of TAHITI and then decided to leave the group. Without waiting any longer, let’s find out more about TAHITI’s Keezy starting from her full profile, fun facts, until her latest news in the article below!
TAHITI’s Keezy’s Full Profile
Real Name: Lee Da-som (Hangul: 이다솜)
Stage Name: Keezy (Hangul: 키지)
Birth: Gyeongsangnam-do, Busan Metropolitan City, December 21, 1992
Star Sign: Sagittarius
Weight: 54 kg (119 lbs)
Height: 172.8 cm (5’8″)
TAHITI’s Keezy’s Facts
- TAHITI’s Keezy’s hobbies include listening to music and watching movies
- TAHITI’s Keezy was supposed to debut with EvoL but left due to personal reasons
- TAHITI’s Keezy was in the duet VERRY as Soma
- TAHITI’s Keezy debuted solo on February 21, 2017, under the stage name Soma
- TAHITI’s Keezy left the group in 2012
- TAHITI’s Keezy’s genre as soloist Soma is R&B and Hip Hop
- TAHITI’s Keezy is a close friend with OLNL who is a rapper under the same label management as her
- TAHITI’s Keezy is considered to be a very tall member among the other members of the group
- TAHITI’s Keezy dated rapper Jaedal from Rigid Gunz
- TAHITI’s Keezy has a skinny body that she always shows off when she wears a crop top
- TAHITI’s Keezy has a lot of tattoos and said that all of the tattoos on her body is meaningful to her
- TAHITI’s Keezy’s favorite color is blue, and that’s why she also uses “blu” in her Instagram username
- TAHITI’s Keezy likes gadgets from Apple very much
- TAHITI’s Keezy said that her fans are cute and loveable
- TAHITI’s Keezy said that an unhealthy habit was being traumatized by entering an agency at the age of 20 and suddenly gaining about 10 kilos
- TAHITI’s Keezy has been afraid of riding on a motorcycle since she was a child because she has a sensitivity to safety and motorcycles are the scariest
- TAHITI’s Keezy was having a hard time when she had to pay ₩10,000 when she left TAHITI, and her career as a duet with VERRY was also unsuccessful
- TAHITI’s Keezy’s dog’s name is Ham, and she took her name from a piggy bank character from Toy Story the movie
- TAHITI’s Keezy’s ideal type is someone who smiles pretty and has different smiling muscles
- TAHITI’s Keezy said that she has weak stamina, and she does not exercise because she is underweight
Keezy’s Debut With TAHITI
TAHITI debuted on July 23, 2012, with the debut single titled “Tonight.” During the debut lineup, the members who promoted were EJ, Keezy, Yeeun, Jungbin, Jisoo, and Minjae. TAHITI appeared for the first time on a music program on Show Champion which was broadcasted on July 25, 2012, 2 days after the debut single was released.
During its debut era, TAHITI created a different concept from other girl groups that were also promoting at that time. “Tonight” has an upbeat tempo that is perfect for listening to during parties. Besides that, the members also seemed to have their own charisma and characters which can be seen in their debut music video.
TAHITI’s Keezy’s Discography
TAHITI’s Keezy began her debut as a soloist in 2017 under the stage name Soma. She successfully released several solo albums and singles such as:
- 2017 – Somablu (Extended Play)
- 2017 – “Same Night”
- 2017 – “Midnight in Paris (Remix)”
- 2017 – The Letter (Extended Play)
- 2017 – “Face Me (OLNL Remix Ver.)”
- 2017 – Spring (Extended Play)
- 2018 – Kids Dream (Extended Play)
- 2018 – “Cigarettes, Talk”
- 2019 – SEIREN (1st Full Album)
A new female artist, SOMA, who received a lot of attention for her voice that is like the deep sea, released a new EP album titled THE LETTER. This album gave a glimpse into her music and thoughts, which are more colorful and deeper than Soma in the previous album, Somablu. From writing lyrics to composing, as well as composing the album, Soma is a talented singer-songwriter!
SOMA’s EP album THE LETTER is about the feelings of love that change over time. This album, which contains the emotions felt in the process of love from meeting to parting at the end, is a single story scattered in each song.
What sets it apart from popular love-themed music is that women are more active and proactive than men. The definition of heart, behavior, and relationship is not selfish but bold, and you can get a glimpse of her daring in this album. In addition, the track order, which contains stories that are never sequential, gives listeners the feeling of reading torn pieces of letters together.
“Dear” is a story of a man suddenly coming into your life. You don’t think you like or love that person all at once, but it comes to mind over and over again. You don’t know anything about that person, but you’re going to bed every day with the thought that you’re hoping to meet him even in a dream through one fateful meeting. “Dear” is the beginning of the album THE LETTER and the beginning of love.
“Someday (Feat. YunB)” tells a story after a lot of time passed. One day, suddenly, in the days of meeting new people, falling in love, living with another breakup, and meeting again and again, you realize that you have not been able to let go of that person from before without knowing it. The second song “Someday (Feat. YunB)” is a song that depicts the emotions of the moment you realize that fact. Highlight Record’s YunB was included in the feature, adding to the depth of that emotion.
The third song of the album, “Face Me,” contains the image of first approaching the person who is standing together at the beginning of love and expressing their feelings.
As time goes on, her love and possessiveness, which grows deeper and deeper, makes her bold enough to express her feelings to him, while the other side becomes more cautious and fearful as they get closer to each other. He doesn’t hate her, but he hesitates at the sight of her boldly pulling him in. Notice the lyrics where she soothes and pulls him like a child.
In the album’s title song, “In My Phone,” it can be seen that her initiative and candid appearance were the most heightened. This tells a story about a girl who has the desire to maintain a free relationship rather than constraining each other’s relationship within a standardized frame which is boldly revealed in each of her lyrics, written as if heard from a handset. In love, she hopes that she will not be bound by social frameworks and act as her heart and emotions lead her.
The 5th track of the album, “P.S.,” is an important medium that unites the five love stories that Soma wants to tell through this album. Each song contains different feelings and thoughts, but the order of the songs, which is structured so that the story she wants to convey does not flow in an obvious and sequential order, further highlights the various forms of love she wants to tell.
Besides that, Soma also has several music videos that have been released. Make sure you don’t skip the session below to get to know more about Soma’s music videos!
On September 11, 2020, Soma released a music video titled “HOME (With Jaedal).” This single is another masterpiece made by Soma. Not only that but she also made this music video very aesthetic, and she looks like an emo girl here.
On May 3, 2020, Soma released her new single titled “Pray” which is the tracklist of her single album titled hnie hnig: Chapter One.
On March 14, 2019, Soma released a music video for her single titled “Betty.” With the hip hop genre which has a very strong characteristic in this song, Soma looks very cool with her blue hair and is also seen having fun while playing billiard. “Betty” is the lead track on Soma’s 1st full-length album, SEIREN.
On March 18, 2019, Soma released another music video of the two singles on the album SEIREN, which are “Zebra” and “My Captain.” The two songs are combined in one music video and show the very beautiful Soma enjoying the summer breeze at an amusement park, and she also looks very stylish just like a fashionista in this music video.
What do you think? Do you like Soma’s songs?