Get to Know More About Tahiti’s Ari’s Profile!
Tahiti is a K-pop girl group that debuted in 2012 under Dreamstar Entertainment. The group has also successfully released several comeback songs each year. Even so, Tahiti experienced difficult things when they were rookies and also had to face disbandment after about 6 years of working as a girl group. So, how are their members?
One of the members from Tahiti who is also the youngest member, Ari, has recently become the talk of many people because she was involved in news which was quite surprising to the fans. The former member of Tahiti, Ari, was confirmed to be dating a K-pop idol who is her senior and is a member of Super Junior, which is Ryeowook.
Before knowing more about the dating news, let’s find out more details about Tahiti’s profile, fun facts, and her career journey in the article below!
Tahiti’s Ari’s Full Profile
Real Name: Kim Sun-young (Hangul: 김선영)
Stage Name: Ari (Hangul: 아리)
Birth: Daegu, South Korea, October 23, 1994
Star Sign: Libra
Height: 168 cm (5’6″)
Weight: 48 kg (105 lbs)
Blood Type: B
Position in the Group: Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Vocalist, Maknae
Active Period: Tahiti (November 1, 2012- July 26, 2018)
Tahiti’s Ari’s Facts
- Tahiti’s Ari joined the group while they were promoting “Hasta Luego” that was released in 2013
- Tahiti’s Ari’s popularity rose after she got her hair a short cut and also got the nickname “Ari-hyeong” because of her handsome looks in a girl group
- Tahiti’s Ari actually didn’t like the nickname Ari-hyeong and used to be very angry hearing that nickname
- Tahiti’s Ari’s reason behind her short hair was because her hair was so damaged, and she cut it because she wanted to
- Tahiti’s Ari was comfortable with short hair because she didn’t need to use too much shampoo
- Tahiti’s Ari was said to be a member that stood out the most because of her short hair, cool eyes, eye smile, and aegyo
- Tahiti’s Ari’s trainee period was 1 year and 6 months
- Tahiti’s Ari was in charge of being the rapper with Tahiti’s Jisoo for their 3rd single “Boo You’re Mine”
- Tahiti’s Ari has good flexibility because she used to be a ballerina, and she showed her skill of raising her toes to her head through “Boo You’re Mine”’s choreography
- Tahiti’s Ari is a member who has beagle power and is a very active person
- Tahiti’s Ari is the member who listened to the manager’s words very well
- Tahiti’s Ari is the member who has the widest shoulders; most of the other members are 14 inches wide, but Tahiti’s Ari is 15 inches wide
- Tahiti’s Ari participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge with actor Lee Chang-hoon and GLAM’s Da-hee in the summer of 2014
- Tahiti’s Ari attended a dojo and learned Jiu-Jitsu in the summer of 2015
- Tahiti’s Ari was selected as the cover model for the first issue of the global Hallyu magazine “Centered on Hallyu.” Ari said, “Because it was the first issue model, the burden was high and expectations were high.”
- Tahiti’s Ari has a diverse character because she looks like she is compassionate and cares about others from first sight, but in fact, she has a lot of playfulness and a 4D personality
- Tahiti’s Ari has a lot of aegyo according to her manager, and she is also a very talented member according to her members in the group
- Tahiti’s Ari’s Instagram ( @tahiti__ari ) was hacked by a Turkish male hacker, and most of her posts were deleted. Rather, it showed inhuman behavior, such as capturing the report receipt message and posting it in the story. On the day she admitted to her love affair with Ryeowook, she again mentioned that she was hacked on Instagram
- Tahiti’s Ari confirmed that she dated Super Junior’s Ryeowook on September 29, 2020
Ari’s Debut with TAHITI
In her debut, Tahiti’s Ari at that time was still a teenager at 17 years old. Although she had not been in Tahiti from the start, she managed to become the next member on Tahiti’s first comeback when she released their second single with “Hasta Luego.”
“Hasta Luego” is a song of the recent popular depth-step genre, and its simple rhythm and addictive melody are impressive. “Hasta Luego” means “See you again next time” in Spanish. After being betrayed by a loved one, the lyrics are “Let’s see if we’re happy.” Producer Ryan Jeon and composers Jd Relic and Ashley Moua who participated in songs for celebrities such as Lee Hyo-ri, TVXQ, SHINee, and Chosinsung participated in this album.
The agency DS Entertainment said, “This album was created to make full use of the individual members’ individuality. We tried to show Tahiti’s own dignified and unique color.” Tahiti is made up of six members including Jisoo with an innocent appearance known as the “Chuncheon Han Gain,” “Dongguk University Goddess” Jung-bin as the “Charisma Dancing Machine,” and EJ and Min-jae as the “Power Vocalists.”
“It was really regrettable that the activities of the debut song ‘Tonight’ was shortened after I joined the group. I hope you will like it because I really polished my teeth and prepared hard with the heart of making my debut this time. But this time, our song ‘Hasta Luego’ is often heard in the streets such as convenience stores, so I’m really happy. Since the title is Spanish, I heard that it is getting a lot of attention from Spanish people on YouTube. It was amazing,” Ari said in an interview with OSEN that was held on November 22, 2012.
The uniqueness of the concept of another rookie girl group, namely Tahiti, had the opposite luck. In the midst of the competition between rookies aka newcomers to the K-pop music industry, Tahiti didn’t seem to have a “weapon” to be recognized by K-pop lovers.
This was also realized by the members Jisoo, Ari, Jung-bin, Min-jae, Jin-hee, and Miso. During a fan meeting to celebrate one year of Dreamstar Entertainment’s girl group, the members also shed tears when talking about their current popularity.
“This event was held to celebrate our 1st year of debut, but there are still many people who don’t know Tahiti. I will work harder and make a lot of people remember us even more,” said the leader, Jung-bin, as reported by Enewsworld.
Seeing her partner’s sadness, Min-jae added, “All of our members really care about this. We will work hard to be at the top position and continue our career with a more mature and good attitude. This time, we really want to be in the top 10 positions.”