Everything You Need To Know About South Korean Boy Group SUPERNOVA’s Yoon-hak: Profile, Facts, Debut, Latest News!
One boy group that debuted in the mid-2000s is SUPERNOVA (Hangul: 슈퍼 노바). Famous for their Korean name, Choinsung (Hangul: 초신성), in the period between 2007 and 2018, the group had many popular songs and was able to achieve fame while working in Japan. SUPERNOVA also have several members with excellent idol qualities and are able to give their fans the best performance.
In this article, we are going to provide you with detailed information about a member of SUPERNOVA, Jung Yoon-hak. Get to know SUPERNOVA’s charismatic leader more closely in this article below!
Full Profile of SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak
Real Name: Jung Yoon-hak (Hangul: 정윤학)
Stage Name: Yoon-hak (Hangul: 윤학)
Birthday: December 2nd, 1984
Height: 181 cm (5ft 11in)
Weight: 64 kg (141 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Position in the group: Leader, Vocal
Subunit: Double Ace, Solo
Official Site: Twitter (@chyh1202)
Facts about SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak’s nicknames are Yunakun and Gutsu Ojisang
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak’s hobbies are driving, playing basketball, collecting figures, and watching movies
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak enlisted in the military on October 25th, 2011
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak was discharged from the military on July 24th, 2013
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak joined the 3rd Field Army Command in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province. Celebrities who served in the same place at the same time include Jung Kyung-ho, Kim Hye-sung, and Min Kyung-hoon
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak said that he was interested in Japanese culture because he liked Japanese movies and animation even before studying abroad
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak studied at the Aichi University after his teacher encouraged him to study abroad
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak lived in Nagoya when he was in Japan
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak took part-time jobs as a model in fashion magazines
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak had the confidence to get his debut soon when he was cast
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak trained for over a year
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak liked Nagoya’s specialty Hitsumabushi when he was studying abroad
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak doesn’t like to eat spicy foods
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak likes sweet desserts such as puff cream, cake, and milk tea
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak speaks Japanese fluently, so he has often appeared in Japanese entertainment
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak has good hair and good hand movements, so he is said to be proficient in doing whatever he does with the members’ physical hands
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak leaves a sharp and smart impression
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak has a soft charisma to lead his members and he also has a lot of support from the fandom that is older than himself
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak was in charge of being the mother of the team
- SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak became the main producer of a new global idol survival project in Japan, G-EGG, in October 2019
Jung Yoon-hak Debut with SUPERNOVA
Before SUPERNOVA (Hangul: 초신성) was announced to debut, this group had already debuted under the name GM5 with an original line-up of five members; such as Park Geon-il, Kim Sung-je, Kim Gwang-su, Song Jin-hyuk, and Han Ji-hoo. In December 2006, Jung Yoon-hak debuted and got a position as a member of this group to replace the previous member, Han Ji-hoo, who decided to leave the group.
This also coincided with one additional member, Kim Jin-chul who joined GM5 and immediately changed their group name to GM6. But not long after, Kim Jin-chul left GM6 and was replaced by Yoon Sung-mo, an older trainee who was ready to debut with the members.
SUPERNOVA debuted with their debut single, “Hit”, as one of the tracks added on their debut album The Beautiful Stardust, released on September 25th, 2007. They also did some promotions on the music stages starting from September 21st, 2007, to introduce the group to a wider audience in South Korea.
Jung Yoon-hak debuted in the South Korean music industry in 2007. He joined to replace Ji-hoo, a member of GM5, before becoming a Supernova member. The boy group finally debuted in 2007 with the album The Beautiful Stardust and the title track, “Hit”. In 2009, Supernova made their debut in Japan with the release of the album Hana. Since then, Supernova have been more active in Japan than South Korea.
Jung Yoon-hak himself did not participate in promotions in Japan because he played in several Korean dramas, such as Sign (2011), My Unfortunate Boyfriend (2015), and Fates & Furies (2018). As of 2019, Jung Yoon-hak is also busy producing the G-EGG audition shows in Japan.
SUPERNOVA’s Jung Yoon-hak Tested Positive for Covid-19
On April 1st, 2020, actor and singer Jung Yoon-hak was reported to be the first Korean idol to test positive for the coronavirus. Naver reported that Yoon-hak was confirmed to have contracted the coronavirus after the results of the examination came out. It all started when the leader of boy group SUPERNOVA returned to South Korea after completing promotions in Japan on March 24th, 2020. He began to feel some symptoms of COVID-19 and decided to go to one of the test locations on March 31st, 2020.
As reported from TV Report via Naver, he was confirmed positive for COVID-19 and immediately underwent treatment at the Seoho District Public Health Center. “We decided to stop all activities so we can focus on the recovery process,” said one of Jung Yoon-hak’s representatives.
He also became the first Korean idol to contract the coronavirus. Previously, only Chungha staff, as well as manager Tiffany Young, were reported positive for COVID-19.
“Since April 1st, 2020, Jung Yoon-hak was hospitalized in Seoul after testing positive for COVID-19 and he was discharged on May 15th, 2020, after more than a month of treatment.” The agency promised to continue to monitor the singer’s health and ensure that he will return to his activities on the music stage as usual.
On the other hand, Jung Yoon-hak shared his feelings through a message on the website page. He wrote, “I want to sincerely apologize for causing inconvenience and concern to all of our fans and representatives.”
Jung Yoon-hak also confessed that he drew strength from all the support he received during his treatment at the hospital.
Well, that’s all the information that we have provided for you about SUPERNOVA‘s Jung Yoon-hak: his full profile, fun facts, career with the group, and his latest news. Even though he recently recovered from illness, let’s continue to support Jung Yoon-hak so that his career and personal life can be even better this year! If you like this article, don’t forget to kindly share it on your social media and stay tuned for more of the interesting upcoming articles from Channel-Korea!