“Father” of Super Junior, Kangin
Who doesn’t know Kangin? Kangin (33) is a member of the famous South Korean 2nd Generation boy group Super Junior. Kangin and the other members of Super Junior started they debut on November 6, 2005, on SBS’s music program Popular Songs with their first single “Twins (Knock Out)”. Kangin is not only good at music but also at acting and some sports. Recently, he has been on a hiatus from Super Junior’s activities due to his scandals from 2016. If you’re curious enough to find out more about Kangin, check this out!
Real Name: Kim Young-woon (김영운)
Stage Name: Kangin (강인)
English Name: Jordan Kim
Chinese Name: Qiang Ren
Birthdate: January 17, 1985
Birthplace: Seoul Jondaemoongoo, Hong Eun Dong, South Korea
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Blood Type: O
Height / Weight: 178 cm / 70 kg (154 lbs)
Education: Kyunghee University
Occupations: Singer, DJ, MC, Actor
Hobbies: watching movies, singing, sports (martial arts), swimming, acting
Position in Super Junior: Vocalist
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, and Bass Guitar
Label: SM Entertainment
- Kangin is an only child.
- Kangin has some unique nicknames: Raccon, Ox, Kkang, Youngchoon, Bear Kangin, Strength Kangin, Korea No.1 Handsome Guy, and The Real Leader.
- His name Kangin means “strong benevolence”, a strong but nice person. It suits his personality as well.
- Kangin’s ideal type of girl is a pretty girl with pretty feet and long straight hair who is rich and smart
- Kangin won first place in the 4th SM Youth Selection Best Outward Appearance in 2002, so he signed a contract with SM Entertainment and became a trainee.
- Because Kangin really cares and sometimes sacrifices himself for his dongsaeng (younger members), he is called the “Father” of Super Junior. Meanwhile, Leetuk is the “Mother”.
- Kangin is known as a talkative person. Super Junior’s Heechul said that it’s dangerous to bring Kangin on a talk show because he will spread Super Junior’s secrets.
- Kangin is mischievous since he used to bully the other Super Junior members. But, actually, his heart is very soft and he easily cries.
- Kangin enlisted in military service at the Nonsan Military Camp in Chungcheongnam-do Province on July 5, 2010. He was discharged on April 16, 2012.
- Kangin is a member of Super Junior’s subunits Super Junior-T and Super Junior-Happy
- Kangin is the most flirtatious person in Super Junior. If there is a beautiful, girl he will immediately approach her.
- Kangin gained the tattoo “I’m Stupid” due to his scandals.
- Kangin is slow-learner of dancing. He usually asked to repeat the dance moves.
- Kangin likes roses, and he said roses look macho to him.
- Kangin has a beautiful smile. If he laughs, he shows his ‘eye smile’.
- If Kangin is not destined to be an idol, he said that he will be an MC for variety shows or a DJ on the radio.
|2016||Don’t Cry Man||Don’t Cry Man (Single)||Kangin, Kim Jang-hoon|
|2015||Please Call My Name||The Cat Funeral OST||Kangin|
|2008||Suddenly||Xanadu Musical OST||Kangin|
|2005-2016||Songs and Albums with Super Junior between 2005 and 2016 (before his hiatus time)|
|2015||The Cat Funeral||Dong-hoon|
|2008||Hello, Schoolgirl!||Kang Sook|
|2007||Alvin and the Chipmunks (Korean voice-over)||Alvin (Korean voice-over)|
|2007||Attack on The Pin-Up Boys||Judo Society Captain|
|2009||Romance Zero||Na Ho-tae||SBS|
|2007||Billie Jean, Look at Me||Friend||MBC|
|2002||A Man and a Woman||–||MBC|