Learn More About Sunny Hill’s Ex-Leader Kim Jang-hyun
Sunny Hill is a group from South Korea that originally debuted in 2007 with the concept of a CO-ED group. Two girls and a boy together in a group is not a common occurrence and is actually a rarity that distinguishes a group from the others but also contributes to the group’s popularity and fame. Sunny Hill are also known as the CO-ED group that has released many songs and have been promoting relatively often throughout the years. Then, are you curious about who is the only male member of Sunny Hill?
In this article, we are going to discuss in detail all the information about Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun who is the only male member of the group. Due to the increase in female members, over time Jang-hyun decided to become an active behind-the-scenes member to compose, arrange, and write lyrics for the group. Without waiting long, let’s scroll down below to get to know him better!
Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun’s Full Profile
Real Name: Kim Jang-hyun (Hangul: 김장현)
Stage Name: Jang-hyun (Hangul: 장현)
Birthday: July 16th, 1985
Star Sign: Cancer
Height: 175 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 64 kg (141 lbs)
Active Period: Sunny Hill (2007–2014)
Position: Leader, Vocalist, Composer, Producer
Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun’s Facts
- Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun’s nickname is Jang Jon
- Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun went to Anyang University Department of Information and Communication
- Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun was the oldest of the group
- Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun is also in charge of making the songs as producer and composer
- Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun used to be the face of the group
- Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun debuted in 2007 as a member of the original line-up of the group
- Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun took part in producing several Sunny Hill songs, such as “Puppetry” (2011), “Don’t Say Anything” (2014), also composed and arranged Sunny Hill’s song “Praise for You” (2015)
- Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun lost a lot of weight when he entered the military service and wrote on his Twitter that he has finally become a sergeant on July 1st, 2013
- Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun officially left the group in 2014 after being a member for 7 years
Jang-hyun’s Debut with Sunny Hill
Jang-hyun is known as a former member and also the leader of the group that debuted in 2007, Sunny Hill. He started his career by debuting with two other members, Jubi and Sungah. They released their single album Love Letter on September 20th, 2007. When Sunny Hill released their first album, it became a top hit and immediately reached success. At that time, Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun was already in charge of being the producer and remixing some songs, including Brown Eyed Girl’s top hit “Sixth Sense”, which was revealed at the 2011 Daejeon Song Festival.
Sunny Hill’s Jang-hyun was originally a student, but he got an opportunity and went to an audition called Battle Myth and then entered an agency called Good EMG. Then Jang-hyun became a member of Tmax before he eventually joined Sunny Hill. After a career as a member of a CO-ED group, finally, Jang-hyun joined the military in 2013 and decided to stop his activities with the group after 7 years.
The only male member of the group, Jang-hyun, decided to become a music producer and went behind the scenes after his return from military service in October 2013. Sunny Hill could not hold back their sadness by releasing a music video after Jang-hyun decided to leave the group.
As a farewell, the latest music video “Don’t Say Anything” was released. In the video, Jang-hyun is in a separate place with four female members, namely Kota, Misung, Seungah, and Jubi. This concept is likened to a farewell for Sunny Hill’s leader.
The rhythm of “Don’t Say Anything” was worked on with the mid-tempo ballad concept so that emotional nuances were reflected in the music video. Jang-hyun spoke the narrative in the song, as if conveying his sadness about leaving Sunny Hill to focus on working on music.
Jang-hyun decided to leave Sunny Hill with the excuse to focus on pursuing a solo career as a producer. Even so, he still supports the career process of the other members of Sunny Hill. After Jang-hyun left Sunny Hill, the group consisting of 4 members and 2 additional female members finally launched their first full album titled Sunny Blues Part. A on August 21st, 2014, while the album Part. B was released on January 29th, 2015.