Meet The Handsome Idol, Nam Tae-hyun
Even though Taehyun is leaving Winner, Inner Circle’s (Winner’s fans) still support Taehyun’s decision. Indeed, at the moment Taehyun is busy with his solo career and his activities in the band. He sang a drama soundtrack song, showing many people that he was able to pursue a solo career that could make him show more of his talent to fans. His fans will be proud of Taehyun, he is an idol who has many talents. Lets find out more about Taehyun and his band! So, stay tuned!
Real Name: Nam Tae Hyun
Stage Name: Taehyun
Born: May 10, 1994 , Hanam-si, South Korea
Height: 179 cm
Blood Type: A
Weight: 63 kg
Facts About Tae-hyun You Have To Know
- He composes music and writes lyrics.
- He can speak Japanese.
- He has a tattoo on his left arm that says Jean Michel Basquiat and one on his left wrist that says Stay Gold.
- He left the band on November 26, 2016. Nam Tae Hyun’s leaving the group and his agency comes after YGE announced his hiatus, which he was taking due to reported mental health issues.
- After leaving YGE, he established his own agency, South Buyers Club.
- On May 26th, 2017, he re-debuted with his newly formed band, South Club.
- He owns two dogs and three cats.
- On his free days he likes to stay active, take care of his pets, and play tennis.
- He usually works on music with his acoustic guitar and once he gets inspiration, he develops it and arranges it with the members of his group.
Stage Name: Donghyun
Real Name: Nam Donghyun
Birth: May 6, 1999
Facts About Dong-hyun You Have To Know
- When he came back from Europe, his days and nights were switched. He had nothing to do and no one to meet so he exercised at sunrise. (“It’s like the night brightening up.” -Donghyun)
- In his free time, he likes to listen to music and think about this and that.
- His thoughts are sometimes sad, sometimes happy, sometimes lonely, but they give him inspiration for song lyrics.
- Donghyun owned two hedgehogs called Hedgie and Sooni.
- He auditioned for SM a few times, but he was unsuccessful.
- Donghyun has several tattoos on his right arm and hand.
- He’s releasing a solo album through the South Buyers Club label. (2018)
- He often watches the YouTube channel called “Sucking Sunday” with GET-KU.
Stage Name: GET-KU
Real Name: Kang Kunku
Birth: February 6, 1992
Blood Type: B
Facts About GET-KU You Have To Know
- His motto: “Even if something’s moving along quickly, I still go by my own pace.”
- GET-KU left the band in December, 2018.
Stage Name: Wonyoung
Real Name: Jang Wonyoung
Birth: November 22, 1991
Blood Type: A
Facts About Wonyoung You Have To Know
- On free days, he likes to practice drums. (Or go on dates, according to Taehyun.)
- Wonyoung left the band in December, 2018.
Yuni’s Profile (Former Member)
Stage Name: Yuni
Real Name: Choi Yoonhee
Birth: September 2, 1996
Facts About Yuni You Have To Know
- Yuni calls Taehyun Oppa.
- She doesn’t have a driving license.
- She’s had a tattoo on her right arm since July, 2017.
Solomon Kim’s Profile (Former Member)
Stage Name: Solomon Kim
Real Name: Kim Uimyung
Birth: May 4
South Club: Debut
Nam Tae Hyun left the group and his agency, YG Entertainment, in November, 2016. He opened up about why he had been unhappy before leaving YG Entertainment, saying “ I found it stressful that even when I was resting, a security guard and a manager would always follow me around, even in the parking lot or when I went to the convenience store.”
South Club is a band formed by Nam Taehyun in 2017. They debuted on May 26, 2017, under South Buyers Club. The band currently consists of Taehyun and Donghyun. This picture also includes former members Wonyoung and GET-KU. The band’s current line-up consists of four members: leader, vocalist, guitarist, composer, and producer Nam Tae-hyun, bassist Nam Dong-hyun, drummer Jang Won-young, and guitarist Kang Kun-ku. South Club debuted with the release of their first single, Hug Me, on May 26, 2017, which was also included in their first EP, 90. Their fans are called AMP.
Their first performance was announced by Tae-hyun on his social media on March 25, along with the name of the band South Club. The formation of the band was made official and Nam Tae-hyun established a music company called South Buyers Club under his name, in order to pursue the musical style that he likes. He then became the leader and main composer, while all the members helped with the arrangement, adding their own style to the songs.
Their first seven-track EP, 90, was released on June 27. South Club described their music style as alternative rock with blues as the foundation. Along with the album release, they also released three music videos. Dirty House, I Got the Blues, and Liar. They spoke about freedom and youth throughout their songs. Their music is heavily inspired by rock bands from the ’90s, such as Nirvana. On July 8, the band released their second single, NO, and the accompanying music video was uploaded on South Club’s official YouTube account. Later that year, Choi Yun-hee wasn’t seen performing together with South Club. On September 16, 2017, Nam Tae-hyun announced that they would continue as a four-member band from then on and that Choi Yun-hee had left the band due to personal reasons.
South Club Official Accounts:
Facebook: South Club
Official Website: souththth.com
Youtube: South Club Official
South Club: Discography
South Club has released three albums and some of their songs had entered the music charts in South Korea.
90 is their debut album. They released the first single, Hug Me, on May 26, 2017. The album was mainly composed and produced by Nam Tae-hyun. On June 22, 2017, Nam uploaded a teaser of the album cover and also announced the release date of the album with double title tracks I Got the blues and Liar. The album sold 5,155 copes in Korea and this album made it to #5 on the Korean charts.
Their second album was released May 30, 2018, the album’s track list contains four songs. The album sold 2,664 copies in Korea and made it to #14 on the Korean charts.
On October 24, 2018, this album was released, with four songs. The main song is I’m Crazy.
South Club: Tours and Concerts
At the start of 2018, Tae-hyun announced on his radio show that South Club would be touring across Europe, visiting London, Paris, Cologne, and Madrid in April. On January 27, the band hosted their first Music Fan Meeting of the year in Hong Kong, where they shot a music video for their upcoming album. A few weeks later, South Buyers Club announced that South Club’s bassist, Kim Eui-myeong, left the band due to personal reasons. The band uploaded a video saying that they have a new bassist taking his place. On February 18, South Club performed at the Rolling Hall 23rd Anniversary Concert along with their new bassist, Nam Dong-hyun. On March 28, 2018, South Buyers Club revealed that South Club would be touring in several places in Japan.