SNSD’s Multitalented Entertainer Choi Sooyoung
Being a member of SNSD means that you are placed under the spotlight of fame, which many people would consider a burden because it can affect a person’s personality and behavior, encouraging them to be more indulgent and pretentious. However, Sooyoung proves that one still can be a down-to-earth and respectful lady even if she is a member of the most popular and phenomenal girl group of South Korea. Thus, in this article, Channel-Korea will explain to you all about SNSD’s Choi Sooyoung, starting with her personal profile, her fun facts and trivia,her family, her sister, her dramas and films, her famous pairings with male idols, her boyfriend, her Instagram feed, her lit fashion, and her short hairstyle that you can take a look to be the inspiration. So, stay tuned!
Profile of SNSD’s Sooyoung, 2018
Real Name: Choi Soo Young
Stage Name: Sooyoung
English Name: Summer Choi
Japanese Name: Che Suyon
Nickname: Cheerful Princess, Shikshin (God of Food), NaSoo (interrupter), DJ Syoung, Syoo
Date of Birth: Cheongdamdong, Seoul, 10 February 1990
Age: 29 (Korean age) / 28 (International age)
Nationality: South Korean
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 45 kg
Blood Type: O
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Astrology: horse
Siblings: 1 (older sister Choi Soo Jin)
Position: Lead dancer, sub-vocalist
Specialty: Dance, eloquence, acting, imitatations
Language: Korean, English, Chinese, Japanese
Training Time: 6 years and 3 months
Agency: Echo Global Group
Education: Chungang University (majored in the Department of Theater) and Jeongshin Girl’s High School
Fun Facts You Have To Know About SNSD’s Sooyoung:
- Sooyoung was cast into SM Entertainment by SM’s Open Auditions in 2000.
- Sooyoung also participated in the Korea-Japan Ultra Idol Duo Audition in 2002, which resulted in her joining the Japanese duo ‘Route O’ with Marina Takahashi, and releasing three singles.
- Sooyoung used to not be able to swim, despite the literal meaning of her name (in Korean, ‘sooyoung’ means swimming). However, we can clearly see that in the dramas she starred in, Sooyoung pulled off the swimming scenes perfectly.
- The meaning of Sooyoung’s full name is luxurious flower petal.
- Sooyoung is a big eater, she can eat an average of 6-7 times in a day, hence the nickname ‘shikshin’ (god of food). Despite that surprising fact, Sooyoung still manages to have a thin body because of her fast metabolism.
- Sooyoung can eat three scoops of ice cream in five minutes.
- Sooyoung’s favorite ice cream flavor is choco mint.
- Sooyoung eats straight away, right after she wakes up.
- There was a time when Sooyoung was so hungry that she went into a Korean BBQ house alone, and had two servings of beef and dwenjjang chiggae (bean paste stew). Apparently, her record is six servings on her own.
- Sooyoung’s English name ‘Summer’ was given to her by former SNSD member, Jessica Jung.
- Despite her English name, Sooyoung’s favorite season is winter.
- Sooyoung got the nickname ‘Cheerful Princess’ because of her charming and friendly personality.
- Although having a one year age gap between her and the other six SNSD members, Sooyoung does not call them ‘unnie’ (the term a younger girl calls an older girl) because she was born early in the year and is in the same grade they are in.
- Sooyoung’s sleeping habit is sleep talking, and pouting her lips as if she is kissing someone in her sleep.
- Sooyoung won the Most Comic Talent Award in the Girl’s Award in 2009. In relation to the award show, TVXQ said that Sooyoung is really fun to be around, and has that special something that makes her stand out.
- Sooyoung has a thick hair.
- Sooyoung’s favorite color has changed from pink to black.
- Sooyoung has so many favorite singers, such as Jason Mraz, Stacie Orrico, Tori Kelly, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, and Lana Del Rey.
- Not only favorite singers, Sooyoung also has many celebrity crushes, such as Jo In Sung, Go Soo, Lee Seung Gi, and Brad Pitt.
- During her trainee period, Sooyoung saved her mother’s number as ‘Jo In Sung’ on her phone. She would then get messages saying “What are you doing?”, “Did you eat?” and all were from ‘Jo In Sung’. She got busted when ‘Jo In Sung’ called and her mother’s voice was heard from the other line.
- Sooyoung is a fan of comic writer Kangfull. Long before her debut with SNSD, Sooyoung sent a fan-email to Kangfull, which he replied to because he was so impressed with the mature way Sooyoung spoke. Years later Sooyoung starred in the movie adaptation of ‘Hello, Schoolgirl’, one of Kangfull’s comic stories.
- Sooyoung has a penchant for keeping things even after they are worn out. For example, Sooyoung still uses a Harry Potter blanket and the passport holder that Soshified (SNSD’s international fanbase forum) gave her from years back.
- Sooyoung was the part of Jeongshin Girl’s High School choir.
- When she was in middle school, Sooyoung had a crush on a certain guy, so on Valentine’s Day, she planned to give him chocolate. However, the plan was not executed because Sooyoung felt too shy, and ended up bringing the chocolate back home.
- Sooyoung can imitate the host of Home Shopping Channels perfectly, hence received the nickname as ‘Home Shopping Queen’.
- Sooyoung’s favorite music genre is the ballad.
- Sooyoung has aegyo (cute act) which people referred to as ‘aegyo that causes rage’.
- Sooyoung can spot fancams easily by smiling, waving, sending winks or hearts, or blowing kisses to the fans who record her.
- Sooyoung likes to discover new facial expression when she looks in the mirror without makeup.
- Sooyoung likes spicy cabbages.
- On Oh Sang Jin’s radio show, Sooyoung admitted that she is more acquainted with actors and actresses than music idols, which she mostly meet through her Bible Study Group.
- Sooyoung chose Jane Birkin as her style icon.
- Sooyoung always brings NARS lipstick, Saint Laurent mascara, and a Canmake Color Stick on her bag.
- Sooyoung’s favorite love story is the movie ‘Lost In Translation’.
- Sooyoung wants to shoot independent films rather than action movies.
- Besides independent films, Sooyoung also wants to act in a historical drama.
- Sooyoung’s favorite emoji to use on messaging apps is the thinking face emoji.
- Sooyoung embarrassingly admits that her favorite camera app is Beauty Plus.
- If she was not a member of SNSD, Sooyoung would have been a designer.
- Sooyoung was dubbed the Dancing Queen of SNSD on Weekly Idol because she is able to dance choreography from other girl groups well.
- Sooyoung is a big fan of the Harry Potter franchise. She even went to England, and visited the sets of the movie in 2015 with other SNSD members such as Tiffany, Hyoyeon, and Yuri.
- Sooyoung is interested in photography, and often asked other SNSD members to be the models in her photos. She also has a digital camera for Tumblr photos.
- When Sooyoung took a vacation to New York, she was spotted having a conversation with a chess-playing man in a park. The man was lonely waiting for someone to play chess with him, and Sooyoung talked to him and comforted him, saying that she has no worries in life because she believes in God.
- When asked if she could be reborn into any point in time, what time would she want to be reborn into, Sooyoung answered: “the time when Jesus was alive”.
- On KBS’s ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook’, Yu Hee Yeol asked her “When was the last time you lied?” and Sooyoung said she never lies because she is a church-goer.
- Sooyoung once mentioned her Japanese is getting a little rusty, so she watches Japanese dramas to practice.
- Sooyoung has four puppies named Mori, Cherry, Suri, and Yuri. She also had a puppy named Jjanglee who died years ago.
- Sooyoung got exposed by her mom on SBS’s Junior Show, saying that her room is like a garbage can. According to her mother, Sooyoung leaves a trail of her clothes every time she arrives home. She would take her shoes off first, leave her bag in the living room after that, and then she would go to her room. She would take off her jacket, leave her pants near the entrance, and then remove her socks.
- Sooyoung is so good at imitating SNSD members’ signatures that sometimes, the members ask her to sign on their behalf. The hardest signature to imitate for her is the signature of former SNSD member Jessica Jung.
- Sooyoung is a good friend of Stella Kim’s. They have known each other since they were training, as Stella used to also be in the line-up of ‘Super Girls’, the group who’s final line-up is the SNSD we all know and love.
- Sooyoung prefers to be at home, and admits that she is quite a homebody.
- Sooyoung is a fan of Real Madrid.
- Quite contrary to people’s usual conception of her, Sooyoung actually loves reading books. She says she always reads books, especially when she is traveling by plane.
- One of Sooyoung’s favorite books is Kim Ji Young, Born 1982 by Cho Nam Joo.
- Sooyoung wants to be a working mom because she wants to show her kids that even though she is old, she is a strong woman who still works hard. When her kids are babies though, Sooyoung wants to be around them, so perhaps we can say that she will decrease the amount of work she does in the entertainment industry.
- Sooyoung also wants to write a book, and open a photography exhibition in the future.
Get To Know Sooyoung’s Family
Just like everyone, Sooyoung also has a family which consists of father, mother, and older sister. Sooyoung’s father, Choi Jung Nam, is an architect who runs an architecture firm that built the popular Seoul Arts Center, while Sooyoung’s mother, Moon So Hee, is a housewife and taught opera classes. Sooyoung’s family’s well-off state is also proven by the fact that Sooyoung and her family lived in a mansion in Jeonju, where she lived before her debut with SNSD.
On 12 February 2013, Sooyoung opened up that her father suffered from Retinitis Pigmentosa, a condition that causes degeneration in the eyes, and eventually results in total blindness. She stated that after getting the examination, his father started to do research regarding his illness, and the resources are mostly written in English. Thus, after finding a way to treat his illness, Sooyoung’s father asked SM Entertainment for help in order to establish Korean Retinitis Pigmentosa Society (KRPS) as an organization to help the patients who suffer from the same or similar illnesses. Fast forward to the following year on 20 December 216, Sooyoung still shows her concern for her father’s illness by celebrating her 27th birthday through story funding in order to support KRPS. The project was named as 2017’s ‘Beaming Effect’, and the 5 million won goal had already been reached before Sooyoung’s birthday on 10 February.
Regarding her mother, Sooyoung shared the story of how her mother used to dress her in a boyish style because she wanted a son very much, so when Sooyoung was born, she was quite disappointed. Sooyoung also never celebrated doljanchi (a traditional birthday party in a banquet table when someone turning one year old) and only had one on SBS’s ‘Haha Mong’ on 24 July 2010 as a surprise birthday party which was prepared by her mother, SNSD members, and the staff of the show when she was turning 20. Sooyoung also showed her close relationship with her mother by explaining that she really does not want to leave her mother alone at home, because her mother was a little bit depressed, and was always sitting on the sofa in the living room. In order to make her mother feel less lonely, Sooyoung would text her mother more often every day, and act more caring to her mother whenever she is at home. Aww, how sweet!
You can see the bond of Sooyoung and her family by looking at the photos we have compiled below!
Get To Know Sooyoung’s Sister
As has been stated before, Sooyoung has an older sister named Choi Soo Jin who works as an actress in musical and also does voice-overs. While Sooyoung looks more like her mother, Choi Soo Jin resembles her father a lot. Sooyoung and Soojin’s undoubtedly have a close relationship, as Sooyoung has said that her best friend is her older sister. They quietly support each other’s work projects, it is proven that Sooyoung never misses out on any of Soojin’s musical performances and vice versa with Soojin, who often visited Sooyoung on set of her dramas. However, when it comes to the type of man that they are looking for, the Choi Sisters have contrasting tastes. On tvN’s ‘Taxi’ on 18 May 2017, Sooyoung stated that she likes chic men who are really good to her and love her a lot, that they must be physically bigger than she is, and have some facial hair. On the other hand, Soojin said that pretty and skinny men are endearing to her. Well, it’s a good thing that Sooyoung and her sister have a different ideal type, so they won’t fight because of men, don’t you think, dear readers?
You can see the bond between Sooyoung and her sister by looking at the photos we have compiled below!
SNSD Sooyoung’s Drama and Film
Besides singing with SNSD, Sooyoung has also ventured into the field of acting since her early debut days. Starting by only having cameos and supporting roles, now SNSD’s Sooyoung has proudly acted as the lead character or heroine of television dramas. Here is the list of Sooyoung’s dramas and films that you might want to check out!
2008 – Hello, Schoolgirl (Supporting Role as Jung Da Jung)
2008 – KBS ‘Unstoppable Marriage’ (Supporting Role as Choi Soo Young)
2010 – SBS ‘Oh! My Lady’ (Cameo in episode 7 as herself)
2011 – SBS ‘Paradise Ranch’ (Cameo in episode 3 as Miss Soo)
2012 – SBS ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’ (Cameo in episode 5 as herself)
2012 – tvN ‘The 3Rd Hospital’ (Lead Role as Lee Eui Jin)
2013 – tvN ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’ (Lead Role as Gong Min Young)
2014 – MBC ‘My Spring Days’ (Lead Role as Lee Bom Yi)
2016 – KBS Television Movie ‘Perfect Sense’ (Lead Role as Jung Ah Yeon)
2016 – OCN ’38 Revenue Collection Unit’ (Lead Role as Cheon Sung Hee)
2017 – JTBC Web Series ‘Someone You Might Know’ (Lead Role as Lee Ahn)
2017 – MBC Weekly Drama ‘Man Who Sets The Table’ (Lead Role as Lee Roo Ri)
Sooyoung’s Famous Pairings with Boy Group Members
Back in the years 2009 – 2013, SNSD was a girl group where members got paired up with so many idol boy group members. Sooyoung definitely was not excluded from the list, because if you have time to browse on search engines and fan fiction sites, you would find an abundant list of pairings of Sooyoung and male idols. Well, if you are curious but you do not have the time to search through all those pages, we have compiled a top 3 of Sooyoung’s pairings with boy group members below, so keep reading!
SNSD’s Sooyoung and Super Junior’s Siwon
The first pairing involving SNSD’s Sooyoung we discovered is Sooyoung and Super Junior’s Siwon, whose pairing name is called SooWon (the combination of SOOyoung and SiWON) and their shippers (people who want them to be a real couple) are called Guardians. Sooyoung and Siwon first became a pairing because they hugged in the Golden Disk Awards in 2010, which resulted in a ‘scandal’ on the search engines for a while. Even though it was only a misunderstanding, SNSD members jokingly congratulated them and Sooyoung took a screenshot of ‘Siwon Sooyoung scandal’ on her cell phone while thinking she is honored that she has had a scandal with Siwon. Sooyoung and Siwon also got paired during SBS’s year-end show ‘Gayo Daejun’ in 2011 for the special stage performance of SNSD and Super Junior performing ‘Moves Like Jagger’
Long before their ‘scandal’ and stage collaboration, Sooyoung and Siwon are already close to one another, as they go to the same church and took acting lesson together, so they often talk about acting. Siwon usually introduces Sooyoung as his blood relative to other people due to their identical surname. Both Sooyoung and Siwon also made a promise to each other that when one of them acts in a drama, the other would make a cameo. The promise is fulfilled when Sooyoung makes a cameo in Siwon’s drama ‘Oh My Lady’ and Siwon visited Sooyoung on the set of the drama ‘My Spring Days’ in 2014. In 2013 Sooyoung and Siwon were also appointed as public relations delegates for UNICEF Korea’s ‘Santa Campaign’, encouraging participating supporters to become ‘Santas’ to help children in need.
Here are the photos of Sooyoung and Siwon that show their friendship!
SNSD’s Sooyoung and Super Junior’s Kyuhyun
The second pairing involving SNSD’s Sooyoung is Sooyoung and another Super Junior member, Kyuhyun, and their pairing name is KyuYoung (the combination of KYUhyun and SooYOUNG) and their shippers (people who want them to be the real couple) are called Knights. Sooyoung and Kyuhyun were paired up because both of them are dubbed as the ‘evil’ members of their respective groups. Sooyoung and Kyuhyun also shared some interactions which their shippers squealed and spazzed over, such as when Kyuhyun said ‘saranghae’ (which means I love you) to Sooyoung on Chunji Radio in 2007, when they had moments during the SM Town concerts, when they modeled for SPAO (brand of clothing), and when Kyuhyun praised Sooyoung’s improving beauty during an SM Town Photoshoot in 2013. Moreover, along with SNSD’s Tiffany, Sooyoung and Kyuhyun also went to the Han River Concert together.
Here are photos of Sooyoung and Kyuhyun that show their friendship!
SNSD’s Sooyoung and TVXQ’s Changmin
The third and also last pairing involving SNSD’s Sooyoung is Sooyoung and the youngest member of TVXQ, Changmin and their pairing name is ChangSoo (the combination of CHANGmin and SOOyoung) and their shippers (people who want them to be the real couple) are called Sages. Although there isn’t as much information regarding them as there was for the previous pairings, Sooyoung and Changmin were paired up because they share similar characteristics and preferences, which their shippers found cute and auspicious. Some examples are being the tallest members of their respective groups; having the biggest appetites in their respective groups, hence their nickname as shikshin couple (food God and Goddess); being fans of Harry Potter; and having thick hair. But it wasn’t only those trivial coincidences, Sooyoung and Changmin were also seen stealing glances at each other in events whenever they were near each other, and hanging out with the same friends, the Kyuline squad which consisted of Super Junior’s Kyuhyun, SHINee Minho, CN Blue’s Jonghyun, and EXO’s Suho. Despite those facts, Sooyoung and Changmin never actually proclaimed that they were friends. Ugh, what a mysterious pairing!
Here are the photos of Sooyoung and Changmin’s ‘interactions’ that might as well prove their silent, yet suspicious friendship!
Who Is SNSD’s Sooyoung Actually Dating?
2014 is said to be the year SNSD got the boys, just like their hit song ‘I Got a Boy’ in 2013. As expected, Sooyoung is one of the SNSD members whose romantic relationship was revealed that year. On 3 January 2014, Sport Seoul revealed that Sooyoung and actor Jung Kyung-ho have been dating for over a year, since September 2012. They first met through an acquaintance. Sooyoung is also known to send a greeting to Jung Kyung-ho when he was still in the army through SBS’s ‘TV Entertainment Tonight’ when she was the host of the show. Before the confirmation of their relationship in January, SM Entertainment and Fantagio as their respective agencies had denied Sooyoung and Jung Kyung-ho’s dating scandal by saying that they are only sunbae and hoobae (senior and junior). Despite the usual allegations, Sport Seoul returned with stronger evidence, which included a secret meeting between these lovers in the basement parking lot. Here are the photos of Sooyoung and actor Jung Kyung-ho’s secret meeting!
A close acquaintance of the two disclosed the lovers’ relationship, “Sooyoung and Jung Kyung-ho have a lot in common, as they are both devout Christians and came from the Theater department of Chungang University. They instantly ‘clicked’. When Sooyoung began acting as the heroine of tvN’s ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’, Jung Kyung-ho was a great help to her, not only as a boyfriend but also as a sunbae (senior).” To avoid the public’s eye, Sooyoung and Jung Kyung-ho would either go on secret dates to the movie theater or just eat home-cooked meals together in their homes. Sooyoung and Jung Kyung-ho also spent Christmas Eve together. He was photographed buying gifts, which later turned out to be for Sooyoung. The two of them went to the same Christmas Eve party, where Sooyoung’s sister shared photos of the gifts and the cake he bought for Sooyoung on her personal SNS account.
Rumor has it that their romance started right after Jung Kyung-ho finished his military service. In February of 2013. Sports Seoul initially reported that the two met in September of 2012, right after his discharge, and began dating early 2013. Before, Jung Kyung-ho had stated that SNSD was one of his favorite groups, and sent out a thank you message to Sooyoung. Both sides denied the dating rumors. In September 2013, Jung Kyung-ho surprised everyone by announcing that he was currently in a relationship with a non-celebrity. His agency revealed that Jung Kyung-ho had been dating his girlfriend for about a year and that they had a good relationship. Later in October, the magazine ‘Woman Sense’ reported that Jung Kyung-ho’s girlfriend is not a non-celebrity, but none other than SNSD’s Sooyoung. The magazine claimed that the two became close because they attend the same church and are alums of the same university. Jung Kyung-ho even had dates overseas, when the actor visited Sooyoung in Japan while she was there for a concert.
After their relationship became known to the public, both Sooyoung and Jung Kyung-ho have spoken about each other whenever a question about the other popped up on the air. In an episode of ‘Give Me a Meal’ that aired on 4 January 2017, Sooyoung simply answered that she is happy with her relationship with her boyfriend. On the other hand, Jung Kyung-ho is still head over heels for his girlfriend, because whenever he was giving an interview and someone asked him questions about Sooyoung, he answered them fondly. When he was being asked about Sooyoung’s charms that attracted him, Jung Kyung-ho said, “She has a lot of warmth, something that I don’t have. She has everything that I don’t have, and I’m envious at times, but I love her all the more for it. Sooyoung really gives me strength.” Moreover, Jung Kyung-ho also feels sorry that the public relationship feels more like a burden to Sooyoung, because his ten second comment about her would be a headline all over the news outlets, even though in the same interview, he spoke about his acting projects for three to four hours, hence him being more careful whenever he talks about Sooyoung. The same notion regarding Jung Kyung-ho, who has so much love for Sooyoung, was also stated by Sooyoung’s sister, Choi Soo Jin. On 17 May 2017, Soojin revealed that Jung Kyung-ho is the only man who matches her younger sister’s characteristics, because he does not get angry at all and understands everything about her. Aww, what a thoughtful man!
Sooyoung and Jung Kyung-ho were also spotted on dates in public several times after their relationship was revealed. According to K-pop Herald, Sooyoung and Jung Kyung-ho spent their time together in early May 2016 by going to Sooyoung’s sister’s musical performance ‘Newsies’ at Chungmu Art Hall, Seoul. Dispatch spotted Sooyoung and Jung Kyung-ho on a shopping date as well in late April 2016. One year later, on April 2017, Sooyoung and Jung Kyung-ho bravely show that they are a couple on the street while walking to Jain Fashion Show event.
Not only talking about their relationship in interviews and dating publicly, Sooyoung and Jung Kyung-ho also show support for each other’s work by sending coffee trucks to one another’s drama sets. Jung Kyung-ho sent a coffee truck to the set of Sooyoung’s drama ‘My Spring Days’ in 2014, while Sooyoung sent a coffee truck to the set of Jung Kyung-ho’s drama ‘Prison Playbook’ in early 2018.
As his relationship with Sooyoung is on its fifth year and still going strong, it is inevitable that the topic of marriage would come up. On 3 August 2014, Jung Kyung-ho, who has quite high pride and self-esteem, declared his desire to propose Sooyoung on the day when he receives the ‘Best Actor’ Award, and delivers his acceptance speech. Well, seeing how excellent the current ratings of ‘Prison Playbook’ are, we might see Sooyoung as the first SNSD member to wear a wedding gown and get married really soon!
Sooyoung’s Instagram Feed
It is no wonder why celebrities often use Instagram to share their daily routines and precious moments with their fans. Sooyoung is certainly on that bandwagon because, as of now, she has uploaded a total of 1124 posts on her Instagram account. Previously named ‘syofgg’, now Sooyoung’s Instagram account ‘hotsootuff’ has gained 4.7 million followers and followed 189 people. Here is the top 10 posts from Sooyoung’s Instagram Feed that you must see, as they remain the most memorable ones!
In the first picture, we can see that Sooyoung, who has a long, light brown hair, is getting ready for a photoshoot. She stares right at the camera while the make up stylist puts a pink lip cream on Sooyoung’s lips. The photo which was taken on 20 September 2015 is the behind the scenes of a COACH photoshoot, which Sooyoung is a brand ambassador for.
In the second picture, we can see that Sooyoung poses as if tying her hair up while wearing a Real Madrid jersey. The photo’s caption reads ‘#myjersey #football #real’ and was posted on 12 August 2016.
Sooyoung shows off her friendship with her close friend Stella Kim on 11 February 2015. Both of them posing with a V sign, as Sooyoung winks on her left eye while Stella smiles widely. Sooyoung wrote the caption ‘I was so happy to see your smile Love you sis #inNY’ and tagged Stella’s Instagram account.
Sooyoung shows that she has an intimate relationship with her puppies, named Mori, Suri, and Cherri on 20 March 2014. While putting a cute dog filter on herself, Sooyoung’s dogs cleverly look at their owner’s camera lens. Aww, how adorable!
Sooyoung took two cute pictures with Lee Won Geun and Shim Hee Seop on 31 July 2017. As you may already know, Sooyoung worked with the actors on JTBC web series drama ‘Someone You Might Know’ which aired in the middle of 2017.
Sooyoung uploaded a selfie of her with two SNSD members, Hyoyeon and Yuri, on 11 November 2016. The picture was taken right after they did a V Live broadcast on the SMTOWN channel. On the post caption, Sooyoung wrote that she likes these people (referring to Hyoyeon and Yuri) and calling their trio squad ‘SHY’ which is an acronym of Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Yuri.
Sooyoung shocked people by cosplaying as Sadness from the Pixar movie entitled ‘Inside Out’ during SM’s Halloween Party. In the picture which was posted on 29 October 2015, Sooyoung painted her face in the color of purple, wore black round glasses, and held a blue ball which signified Sadness’ despairing state.
Sooyoung looks cozy playing with her red smartphone while sitting beside actor On Joo Wan, who looks hesitant while holding a black sling bag, in the photos posted on 3 September 2017. The two of them are known as co-stars on MBC’s weekly drama ‘Man Who Sets The Table’.
Sooyoung shared two pictures of her looking like a businesswoman on 17 September 2017. In the caption, she wrote that she visited Studio Kyeong and also tagged the Instagram account @studio_summergarden.
Sooyoung revealed her skincare routine on 6 October 2017 by uploading a picture of her wearing a white bathrobe and headband, while holding her smartphone in her left hand and a bottle of SK-II in her right hand. As you may already know, Sooyoung was chosen as the new global model for SK-II ‘Pitera’ series in late July 2017.
Get Inspired by Sooyoung’s Fashion
Consistently attending runway shows of popular brands such as Coach and Gucci in cities like New York, Paris, and Florence, and meeting influential people and world celebrities who have the same interest in the field of fashion, SNSD’s Sooyoung indeed deserves the title of the best fashionista in her group. When it comes to fashion, Sooyoung is a master at picking outfits that are able to show off her features (e.g long legs and slender body). Thus, Channel-Korea has chosen a top 10 SNSD Member Sooyoung’s outfits that you can take a look at, and apply to your daily and formal events. Check it out!
In the first picture, Sooyoung is a chic girl, pairing the color white and denim for her overall appearance. Sooyoung wears a white tank top, white cardigan as outerwear, and long denim pants. As for the accessories, Sooyoung wears jewelry and accessory such as a tiny necklace, bracelets in different colors on her left wrist, and a straw belt around her waist.
Sooyoung is a monochrome lady as she wears a white tank top, long black coat, black skinny denim pants, and black ankle boots. As for the accessories, Sooyoung has a medium-sized grey metallic sling bag on her right shoulder.
Sooyoung proves that boyish and girlish style can be combined into one perfect style when she wears a white mini dress, denim jacket for the outerwear, black socks with white stripes, and white tennis shoes. As for the accessories, Sooyoung wears a black bracelet on her left wrist, black belt on her waist, and dusty pink sling bag on her right shoulder.
Sooyoung attends the press conference of her first weekly drama on Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) entitled ‘Man Who Sets The Table’ wearing a green turquoise sweater and asymmetrical silk skirt in a flowery pattern. As for the accessories, Sooyoung wears a set of dangling earrings and bracelet on her left wrist.
Sooyoung is a sporty lady wearing a white and orange shirt and pale blue denim pants with ripped detail. As for the accessories, Sooyoung wears a dark blue snapback and black leather sling bag on her left shoulder.
Sooyoung is a cool rocker as she wears a black shirt with a caption that says ‘I USED TO BE PUNK ROCK and Other Lies’ in the center, grey ripped denim pants and black boots. As for the accessories, Sooyoung wears a black sunglasses, black and grey bracelets, and the black watch on her left wrist.
Sooyoung turned up to COACH’s Fall 2015 Show in New York wearing a white shirt with colorful ice cream pattern on it, a dusty pink fur coat, and an electric purple mini skirt. As for the accessories, Sooyoung brought a pearl metallic sling bag on her right shoulder. Don’t you think she looks gorgeous, dear readers?
Sooyoung looks elegant at an award ceremony wearing a black gown with embroideries and leopard print, which fits Sooyoung’s slender body perfectly. As for the accessories, Sooyoung wears dangling earrings, gold rings on the middle left finger, silver rings on the middle right finger, and silver hard case pouch on her right hand.
Sooyoung graces an award ceremony with her presence in a gold, glittery gown. As for the accessories, Sooyoung wears jewelry, such as the gold dangling earrings, gold bracelet on her right wrist, and rings on both of her right and left fingers.
Finally, Sooyoung proves that being beautiful does not mean you have to wear something flashy, as she is able to amaze the audiences at the Miss Korea event in 2014 by wearing a black backless gown while doing her job as the host of the event. As for the accessories, Sooyoung wears a long pearl necklace to complement her stunning look.
Get Inspired by Sooyoung’s Short Hair
As we may know, Sooyoung got her first haircut in 2009 when SNSD promoted ‘Tell Me Your Wish’. At that time, Sooyoung had shaggy curls in her dark brown short hair which made her overall appearance boyish.
Sooyoung is back with short hair when SNSD promoted ‘Party’ in 2015. At that time, Sooyoung had a double layered strawberry pink colored short hair, which had faded into reddish brown. Don’t you think this hair color matches Sooyoung perfectly, dear readers?
Sooyoung left her short hair just the way it is, in the shade of black. Unlike the previous picture, this time Sooyoung’s hair looks shorter, as she cut it to above shoulder length. Sooyoung’s girly short hair is also being complemented by jewelry, such as round earrings and a necklace, which makes her overall appearance look simple, yet stunning.
Sooyoung has a light brown hair when she and her fellow SNSD members promoted their double title track ‘You Think’ on 2015. At that time, Sooyoung’s short hair was curled thoroughly, which made her face shape look tiny, due to the volume of her hair. Moreover, we think that Sooyoung looks even fancier when she also wears darker make up, which goes well with her short hair, don’t you think, dear readers?
Lastly, Sooyoung styled her short hair in a natural blow out. As you can see, Sooyoung’s short hair fell perfectly, as if she has full control of it. The two tones of brown in Sooyoung’s short hair also can be your inspiration for a short hairstyle, if you are bored of getting the same old mono color.