The Beautiful Korean Actress Song Yoon-ah
We are going to talk about Go An-na’s Mother from The K2, who was portrayed by the beautiful Korean actress, Song Yoon-ah. The actress was born in Seoul and raised in Gimcheon. She began her career in 1995, in a supporting role on the KBS2 drama, Age of Individuality.
Later on, she got a lot of roles in movies and dramas which led her to popularity. Her first big hit role was when she played as the antagonist in Mister Q. The drama got a quite high rating and it made her name became famous. Years later, in 2016, she had another role that was a huge hit, in The K2. She played the character Choi Yoo-jin, Go An-na’s mother, and stole a lot of viewers’ attention–and maybe, you are also one of the viewers who began to love her acting in The K2.
If you want to know more about Song Yoon-ah, here it is, we provide you with all of info and facts about her!
Song Yoon-ah’s Full Profile
Real Name: Song Yoon-ah
Birthday: June 7, 1973
Origin: Seoul, South Korea
Blood Type: O
Years Active: 1995 – Present
Agency: Snowball Entertainment
Song Yoon-ah’s Filmography
As an actress, Song Yoon-ah has played in a lot of dramas and movies. Her popularity began in 1998 after she played as the antagonist who always bullied the main character in Mister Q. Her 2002 drama, Jail Breakers, also had a high peak rating and made her gain in popularity. As well as Jail Breakers, she’s also well-known for her roles in her other dramas, called Hotelier, On Air, and Mama.
- Wedding Dress (2010) – Ko-Woon
- Secret (2009) – Yu Ji-Yeon
- Arang (2006) – So-Young
- Lost in Love (2006) – Yeon-Soo
- Face (2004) – Jung Sun-Young
- Jail Breakers (2002) – Kyung-Soon
- Masterpiece of Love (2000) – Kang Yeo-kyeong
- The Best – Song, Na-young
- 1818 (1997)
- Secret Mother (SBS / 2018) – Kim Yoon-Jin
- The K2 (tvN / 2016) – Choi Yoo-Jin
- Assembly (KBS2 / 2015) – Choi In-Gyeong
- Mama (MBC / 2014) – Han Seung-Hee
- Secret Garden | Sikeurit Gadeun (SBS / 2010) – appears in a photo (cameo)
- On Air (SBS / 2008)
- My Beloved Sister | Nuna (MBC / 2006-2007) – Yoon Seung-Joo
- Into The Storm | Pokpung Sokeuro (SBS / 2004)
- Hotelier | Hotelrieo (MBC / 2001) – Seo Jin-Young
- Bad Boys | Nappeun Chingudeul (MBC / 2000)
- 8 Love Stories | Reobeuseutori (SBS / 1999-2000) – Jung-In (Ep.3 “Lost Baggage”)
- Advocate | Aedeubeokit (MBC / 1998)
- Mr. Q (SBS / 1998)
- Paper Crane | Jongyi Hak (KBS2 / 1998)
- Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival –
Big Concert Musical Journey (KMTV /1998)
- Go! Our Heaven – (MBC / 1998)
- Super TV Sunday Is Fun – Song Yoon-ah’s Summer Escape KBS2
Korean Video and Records Awards (MBC – 1999)
- 2000 SBS Drama Awards SBS
- 2002 Golden Disk Awards MBC
- 2003 SBS Drama Awards SBS
- Korean Film Awards (MBC / 2004 – 2008)
- Korean Film Awards (MBC / 2010)
- Food Essay (Olive TV / 2011)
- Korea’s Got Talent – Season 1 (tvN / 2011)
- The Miracle of Kangaroo Mother Care (MBC / 2011)
- Spring Hasn’t Come Yet: One Year After the Earthquake in Japan (SBS / 2012)
- Hope TV SBS (SBS / 2014)
Song Yoon-ah’s Awards and Nominations
- KBS Super Talent Contest Gold Award (1995)
- Photogenic Award (1995)
- Julia Award (1995)
- SBS Drama Awards Excellence Award, Mister Q (1998)
- KBS Drama Awards Popularity Award, Paper Crane (1998)
- 35th Baeksang Arts Awards Most Popular Actress (TV), Mister Q (1999)
- MBC Drama Awards Excellence Award Actress, The Boss (1999)
- SBS Drama Awards Big Star Award Love Story, Lost Baggage (2000)
- 45th Information and Communication Day Prime Minister’s Commendation (2000)
- MBC Drama Awards Top Excellence Award Actress, Hotelier, Sweet Bear (2001)
- Korea Best Dressed Swan Awards Recipient (2002)
- 23rd Blue Dragon Film Awards Best Supporting Actress, Jail Breakers (2002)
- 11th Chunsa Film Art Awards (2003)
- 40th Grand Bell Awards (2003)
- SBS Drama Awards Excellence Award, Actress in a Special Planning Drama Into the Storm (2004)
- Top 10 Stars (2004)
- 4th Korea Fashion World Awards Best Dressed, Movie Actress category (2006)
- 3rd Andre Kim Best Star Awards Best Star Award (2007)
- MBC Entertainment Awards Achievement Award (2007)
- Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female (2008)
- SBS Drama Awards Grand Prize (Daesang) On Air Nominated Top Excellence Award, Actress (2008)
- Top 10 Stars (2008)
- 4th Andre Kim Best Star Awards Female Star Award (2009)
- 2nd Korea Jewelry Awards Diamond Award (2010)
- 3rd APAN Star Awards Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries (2014)
- Mama Nominated 27th Grimae Awards Best Actress (2014)
- Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Special Project Drama (2014)
- 51st Baeksang Arts Awards Best Actress (TV) (2015)
- MBC Drama Awards Excellence Award, My Beloved Sister (2007)
- MBC Drama Awards Grand Prize (Daesang) (2014)
- KBS Drama Awards Excellence Awards, Actress in a Mid-length Drama Assembly (2015)
Song Yoon-ah’s Instagram Feeds
Just like most of other actors and actresses, Song Yoon-ah also has her own private social media account where she can interact with her fans. She likes to post her activities or what she’s doing in her on-going projects in her Instagram account. You can find, follow, give comments or even stalk her personal Instagram account here.
View this post on Instagram
This is a photo of her with a fellow actor and actress from her current drama, Secret Mother, where she played a psychiatrist who had a husband and a son. The boy in this picture is the actor who portrayed the son, Kim Ye-joon.
Aside from giving updates about her current project, Song Yoon-ah also liked to post about her daily life, including her activities with her fellow actress friends. In the pictures above, Song Yoon-ah had a great time mingling with Lee Jung-hyun, Song Hye-kyo, Choi Ji-woo, Son Ye-jin, and many more. Indeed, our eyes have been blessed just by seeing these pictures!
Song Yoon-ah’s Wedding
Song Yoon-ah married her husband, actor Sol Kyung-gu, in 2009. They held a private wedding, and there haven’t been a lot of pictures from the event made available. Since both of them are actors, it’s no surprise that they invited a number of fellow actors and actresses on their wedding. Some of the guests were Jung Hye-young, Kim Hyo-jin & Yoo Jin-tae, Kim Tae-hee, Lee Soo-kyung, Gong Hyo-jin, Ryu Seung-beom, Cha Tae-hyun and his family, and many more. The guests dressed so nicely and most of them were waring black dresses and suits!
Married Life and Affair Rumor
Song Yoon-ah and her husband didn’t start getting closer until after working on the movie Lost in Love, even though they had worked together on the drama Jail Breaker back in 2002. She once talked about her first impressions of her husband on an interview, saying that her husband looked scary and was never friendly towards her.
Regarding their married life, Song often got malicious comments from haters, saying that she is an adulteress and was the reason why Sol Kyung-gu and his previous wife divorced. The rumor started spreading for the first time just when their relationship was going public, and netizens assumed the couple had started their relationship when Sol Kyung-gu was still with his previous wife.
On September 7th, 2016, she replied the bad comments with a long caption on Instagram, “Sometimes I think (about) this. As they know… As they say… If I had been a woman who really lived this life, what would I be living by now? I want you to stop by now,” she wrote. She also said on the caption that she never talked about the rumor, nor claimed that it was true or not, because she believed that everything in life happened for a reason, and she did not ask everyone to understand.
Despite all of that, they had a little cute son who was born on August 3rd, 2010, named Sol Seung-yoon. She rarely posts about her son in public, maybe because she wants to preserve her son’s privacy. This picture that posted in 2016 was about her helping her son with his homework on Sunday.