Meet Song Joong-ki, An A-List Flower Boy Actor!
Song Joong-ki is a well known South Korean actor, who has captured the hearts of around the globe fans with his flower boy look. He rose to fame with the period drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal and the popular variety show Running Man in 2010. Made his debut as an MC in Music Bank, and is currently being managed by Blossom Entertainment agency, along with other famous celebrities such as Cha Tae-hyun, Lim Ju-hwan, Park Bo-gum, and others.
After completing his mandatory military service, he had made headlines with his lead role as Captain Yoo Si-jin in the 2016 drama Descendants of the Sun (DOTS), which topped popularity polls in Asia. Following his breakthrough as a top Hallyu star, a year later he opened up about his surprise engagement with his co-star, Song Hye-kyo, and the couple eventually got married.
Keep reading to find out about Song Joong-ki’s journey, starting from before his debut to his most recent news!
Actor Song Joong-ki Full Profile: Age, Religion, etc.
Song Joong-ki is a famous actor with an established career supported by millions of fans and followers worldwide. With his intelligence, talent and exceptional good looks, it is no surprise that he was a hot favorite among his female peers even before his celebrity days began. Here is the most complete biodata you need to know about the actor!
- Full Name: Song Joong-ki
- Hangul Name: 송중기
- Hanja Name: 宋仲基
- Nickname: Pretty Boy, Brainy Joong Ki, The Chairman’s Son, Enthusiastic Joong Ki, Active Young Man, Ero Joong Ki, etc.
- Occupation: Actor, Model, MC
- Talent Agency: Sidus HQ (past), Blossom Entertainment
- Nationality: South Korean
- Date of Birth: September 19, 1985
- Place of Birth: Dong District, Daejeon, South Korea
- Chinese Zodiac Sign: Ox
- Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: Christian
- Family: Parents, Older brother, Younger sister, Song Hye-kyo (spouse)
- Education: Daejeon Seongmo Elementary School (대전성모초등학교), Hanbat Middle School (한밭중학교), Namdaejeon High School (남대전고등학교), Sungkyunkwan University – Business Administration (성균관대학교 경영학과)
- Fancafe Site: http://cafe.daum.net/thdwndrl
- Gallery Site: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/lists/?id=sjk
- Official Site: http://blossomenter.com/actors/song_joongki/
Actor Song Joong-ki’s Physical Details: Height, Weight, Shoe Size, etc.
Song Joong-ki stands tall with a height of 5 feet and 10 inches. This baby-faced man is also known for his flawless, milky white complexion that even women are envious of. He has both the looks and the physique! So here are the details about his physical appearance you might wanna know!
- Height: 178 cm/1.78 m (5’10″)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Eye Color: Black
- Hair Color: Black
- Skin Color: Fair
- Shoe Size: 275mm
- Body Type: Slim
Actor Song Joong-ki’s Net Worth
Soong Joong-ki has won numerous awards throughout his carrier. As a result of his dynamic portrayal of a fun loving yet serious lead role in KBS’ mega-hit melodrama, Descendants of the Sun, it is no doubt that this South Korean actor is currently one of the most talked about stars in the entertainment industry. He experienced tremendous growth in his popularity throughout Asia, and along with his increased popularity, the actor’s earnings have also skyrocketed. According to some reports, his per episode payment is estimated to be $50,300. However, there isn’t enough proof for this claim.
The China Internet Information Center (CIIC) revealed the actor’s staggering salary from his endorsement deals in China. It has been gathered that Song Joong-ki is reportedly earning 2.8 billion KRW (roughly $2.46 million) in light of a six-month contract period, which is more than what Lee Min-ho and Kim Soo-hyun make. As of 2018, Song Joong-ki’s net worth is estimated to be over $1 million.
All About Actor Song Joong-ki: Facts, Trivia, Family, Friends, etc.
Predebut Song Joong-ki & Family
- He is the second of three siblings and was raised in the rural outskirts of Daejeon.
- His older brother is named Song Seung-ki, and his younger sister is named Song Seul-ki (seven years younger than him).
- His younger sister is a big fan of Park Yoo-chun.
- As a child, he was very shy and introverted, which is why his parents enrolled him in many extracurricular activities, including drama classes. The drama classes helped him increase his self-confidence and defeat stage fright.
- He used to be an enthusiastic speed skater during his school days. He even competed in short track speed skating three times and represented his home city of Daejeon at a national level. Unfortunately, an injury forced him to give up the sport during his first year of high school.
- Even before debuting, he would always put sunscreen on when playing basketball.
- Song Joong-ki is not just a pretty face, he also has a great brain and had been known as a smart and athletic boy in his school years. He excelled in his studies all through high school and scored 380 points out of 400 on his national college entrance exam, gaining admission to Sungkyunkwan University.
- He garnered straight-As from all his classes in his high school days. He even won an award for perfect attendance and was the student body president.
- While in Seoul, preparing for the entrance test, he was scouted on the subway by an agent but did not immediately enter the entertainment industry as he was still ambivalent about his career path, and because his father had initially been against him becoming an actor.
- He continued to study part-time after deciding to enter the entertainment industry full-time during his third year of university. He specialized in business administration and minored in broadcasting.
- He first appeared in a TV show, as a contestant on KBS’ Quiz Korea, substituting for a senior who was sick and eventually won second place. This brought him significant attention, and he became a cover model for the university magazine College.
- Due to his rising popularity in the drama Descendants of The Sun, his parents’ home became a tourist attraction.
- His parents own a car wash. The actor still helps in the family business when he has time.
- His dreams were originally to be an announcer or PD.
Song Joong-ki’s Favorite Things & Dislikes
- His favorite colors are black and white.
- His favorite food is Korean food.
- His favorite feature on a woman is her legs.
- His favorite music is K-pop.
- His favorite sports are skateboarding, gym & soccer.
- His favorite drama genres are action and romantic comedy.
- He doesn’t smoke or drink.
- Among his hobbies are dancing (even though he doesn’t dance too well) and singing.
- He likes to sing ballads and wants to play the guitar when singing, like Bruno Mars.
- His role model is Leonardo DiCaprio.
- He likes to watch American and Japanese series.
- Song Joong-ki’s ideal type: his ideal woman is like Hong Eun-hee and Miranda Kerr.
- He likes women with straight, long hair, who look both sexy and cute.
- Joong-ki likes sensible women who have sense and wisdom.
- His least favorite part of his face is his lips.
- He really loves to hug people.
- He said he likes IU’s lips and is happy to look at them when she sings.
- He has fear of heights.
- His happiest moment was when his sister was born.
Song Joong-ki’s Friendships & Rumored Relationship
- Among his close friends are Lee Kwang-soo, Jo In-sung, Kim Jong-kook, Park Bo-gum, Jang Geun-suk, Jang Hyuk, Park Yoo-chun, Kim Jae-joong, Im Joo-hwan, Kim Hee-chul, and others.
- He is close with Cha Tae-hyun because he is Joong-ki’s mentor.
- He raised a lot of suspicion regarding his relationship with Seo Hyo-rim, his former partner in Music Bank. The two of them claimed to be merely ‘best friends.’
- He was rumored to be in a relationship with famous Korean actress Park Min-young, from the drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal, in 2010.
- Some rumors arose after he starred with the lovely actress Park Bo-young in the 2012 movie Werewolf Boy. During one interview, Song Joong-ki himself served ramen in a smaller bowl for Park Bo-young because he didn’t want her to get hurt accidentally. Throughout the whole interview, he had been treating Park Bo-young very kindly. He even fished out the egg yolk from his ramen to give it to her. Sadly, they both later denied the rumors and explained that they are more like siblings, issuing official statements through their agencies.
- Some pictures of Song Joong-ki and Park Si-yeon enjoying a campus date while shooting the KBS drama Nice Guy surfaced on the web, which led to a love rumor in 2013.
- Also in 2013, suspicions of a relationship between actress Moon Chae-won and Song Joong-ki arose, after the two acted together in the 2012 drama series The Innocent Man. Apparently, the audience thought that they were more than friends after seeing the ‘Behind the Scenes’ videos. Moreover, some fans believed that she is just his type.
- He was rumored to be dating a non-celebrity woman in LA. But later clarified that she was just assisting him there.
- He met his first girlfriend when he was in the ninth grade, and she dumped him after only 103 days.
- His first love is already married.
- His first kiss was in junior high school, at a bus stop, around 11 PM.
- He admitted to having dated four girls but has insisted that no one of them was a celebrity. The relationships that he had have lasted for 6 years, 3 years and 2 years.
- Song Joong-ki’s old photos with non-celebrity ex-girlfriend surfaced and became a hot topic on Korean discussion forums after his popularity increased with Descendants of the Sun.
Other Trivia About Song Joong-Ki
- His fan club is called ‘Ki Aile’ meaning ‘Joong-ki’s wings’.
- He once got the nickname “Ero Joong Ki” because he likes to hug everyone.
- He went on a cycling tour of Sydney, Australia in 2011, which aired two episodes on television through ELLE, a branch of the eponymous fashion magazine.
- He has never thought of doing plastic surgery.
- Song Joong-ki used to smoke during his college days but later quit both cigarettes and alcohol for his health.
- He published a book which served as a beauty guide for men in 2010, called Beautiful Skin Project, with beauty editor Hwan Min-young; the book became a No.1 bestseller in 2010.
- His skincare advice is moisturizing and no smoking.
- He wants to experience being a radio DJ.
- He is the happiest when someone thinks of him as a good and decent person.
- He made an appearance in Kim Jong-kook’s music video “Men Are All Like That” (2012) and Tei’s “Poisonous Tongue” (2009).
- During his early MCing days, Joong-ki used the phrase “WOWW” frequently and had often been teased for it. While MCing he was criticized for the ‘use of informal speech’ in the 2010 Melon Music awards, for which he apologized on his official Homepage.
- He played soccer in the team where Yong (a famous goalkeeper of the Korean soccer team) is a teacher.
- He suffered an injury to his arm on November 23rd, 2015, while he was filming an action scene for the drama Descendants of the Sun.
- It was revealed that Song Joong-ki regularly donates to the Korean Childhood Leukemia Foundation since 2011 (this act of charity was unveiled in 2016), and his efforts have helped more than 10 children receive treatment.
- Actor Song Joong-ki has donated regularly since 2011, either his narrator salary from the documentary Tears of the Antarctic, or the rice crowns of the press conference. Even while serving in the army, Song Joong-ki apparently donated countless amounts of his own money to the foundation.
- He donated 100 million won (approximately $ 86,100) in 2015 to UNICEF to help the victims of Nepal after the devastating earthquake.
- After School’s Nana, Brown Eyed Girls’ Ga In, Former Sistar’s Bora, IU, and SNSD’s Sunny are among Joong-ki’s fangirls.
- He can’t handle up to a bottle of soju. He couldn’t find his way home and cried a lot when he was drunk.
- During an interview with KBS1 TV‘s newscast News9 (in March 2016), he said he doesn’t use social media since he’s not tech-savvy at all.
- When he started Descendants of the Sun, he was crying so much that he got the nickname ‘Crybaby’. He cried on set when he was stressed out. He also cried at the wedding as he read his vows to Song Hye-kyo at the wedding ceremony. That’s not all! He cried while Park Bo-gum gave a tearful acceptance speech at the 2016 KBS Drama Awards where he won the ‘Top Excellence in Acting Award’. The fans nicknamed both of them the ‘Crybaby Brothers’.