Who is Son Seung-won?
Song Seung-won is a South Korean actor who gained immense popularity since he played a role in the drama Age of Youth. He is also a musical actor, and was the youngest Korean actor in the musical theater production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, back in 2013.
Son Seung-won’s Profile
Son Seung-won was born on June 29th, 1990, in Seoul, South Korea. He began his career as a musical actor. His television debut was in 2014 when he took a part in a special drama called We All Cry Differently. His fame began to grow when he appeared in Age of Youth playing a supporting role. Recently, he’s become more popular for starring in Welcome to Waikiki, where he finally got his first leading role. People have also noticed him as Song Joong-ki’s junior since they come from the same agency.
- Name: Son Seung-won
- Occupation: Actor and musical actor
- Date of Birth: June 29th, 1990
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Star sign: Gemini
- Blood type: AB
- Height: 177 cm
- Weight: 63 kg
- Agency: Blossom Entertainment
- Education: Seoul Institute of the Arts – Department of Acting
- Years active 2009-present
Son Seung-won’s Filmography
- Welcome to Waikiki (2018) – JTBC
- Hello, My Twenties! 2 (2017) – JTBC
- Person Who Gives Happiness (2016-2017) – MBC
- Hello, My Twenties! (2016) – JTBC
- My Lawyer, Mr. Jo (2016) – KBS2
- Hello Monster (2015) – KBS2
- Healer | Heelreo (2014-2015) – KBS2
- Love & Secret (2014-2015) – KBS2
- Drama Special: We All Cry Differently (2014)
- GLove (2011)
Son Seung-won in Age of Youth and His Character’s Relationship
In this drama, he played the role of Im Sung-min, who is Park Eun-bin’s friend and love interest. Many of this drama’s viewers root for them and they love this couple. However, in season 1, he didn’t end up with Song Ji-won (Park Eun-bin), which made the viewers frustrated and sad. The beautiful friendship between these characters eventually continues in season 2. The character’s relationship grew even stronger, although, by the end of the drama, people did not get the scene where they officially became a couple. In an interview, Park Eun-bin and Son Seung-won said that the two of them actually got married and had a daughter, but Song Ji-won died at a young age and left her a widow, as people can see from the epilogue and teasers of several episodes.