Who Is SISTAR ?
SISTAR is a Korean girl group made up of four members. The group name ‘SISTAR’ was created by combining ‘sisters’ and ‘star.’ Sistar (Hangul: 씨스타, often stylized as SISTAR) is a South Korean girl group formed in 2010 by Starship Entertainment, and the group consists of Hyolyn, Bora, Soyou, and Dasom.
Members Of SISTAR
- The Sexy Member: Soyou
Birth Name: Kang Ji-hyun
Stage Name: Soyou or Soyu
Nickname: Little Lee Mi Yeon
Position: Lead Vocalist
Birthday: February 12, 1992
Height: 168 cm
Weight: 49 kg
Blood Type: O
2. The Cute Member: Dasom
3. The Powerful Member: Bora
Birth Name: Yoon Bo-ra
Stage Name: Bora
Position: Main Rapper, Vocalist, Main Dancer
Birthday: January 30, 1990
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 46 kg
Blood Type: O
Specialty: Vocal, Rap, Dance
4. The Charismatic Leader: Hyorin
Fun Facts About SISTAR
- During training, Bora lost 8kg.
- Soyou has a dream to sing a song with the stars of her agency.
- Soyou loves to read comments from fans on the internet.
- Soyou can lose 8kg of weight in 4 weeks.
- Bora’s childhood dream was to be a ballerina, but her family had no money for her to pursue this dream.
- HyoRin used to have a social anxiety disorder. She once did not leave her room for about two months because she was afraid of people.
- Dasom is the most white skinned member of SISTAR.
- SISTAR19 was formed by two SISTAR members when they were 19 years old.
- Lee Teuk (of Super Junior) became the first to enter SISTAR’s dorm. Even the manager had never been into their place before.
- Lee Teuk (of Super Junior) read SISTAR’s diaries to find out whether they already had boyfriends.
- Bora is the oldest member, but still the cutest.
- Dasom looks more mature since she cut her hair.
- Hyorin was nicknamed “Split Girl” because at the “How Dare You” concert, dry ice was used on the stage to give a powerful light beam, and she eventually slipped on it and did the splits.
- The tallest member is Soyou, with a height of 168cm.
- In order from the most beautiful sounding voice, the members are: Hyorin, Soyou, Dasom, then Bora.
- Hyorin has the darkest skin in SISTAR.
- Hyorin was happy to be able to wear pants.
- Many people think that Soyou is very plain because of her name, but she is actually lively and sociable.
- Soyou has an older brother and sister.
- Many people did not recognize Soyou after she changed her hair style.
- Soyou is good at imitating voices.
- Dasom is the member who gains rapid fat faster than others.
- SISTAR is always on a strict diet to keep in shape so they always look great.
- Bora and Soyu’s bodies do not change easily, no matter how much food they eat.
- Dasom idolized BoA, and she even cried when she got to meet with her idol.
- Bora has a small scar on her leg that looks white.
- Bora can run very fast because of her strong, physical body.
- Dasom likes Adele.
- Dasom has to drink milk before sleeping, though she doesn’t like milk that was made by Bora.
- Dasom has a 4 year older sister.
SISTAR’s Debut Songs and Story
Sistar began their group activities in early 2010 with commercials and magazine photo-shoots. They made their official debut with the song Push Push on June 3, 2010. Sistar had their first performance the following day, June 4, at Music Bank. They then continued to promote on various Korean music shows until July 26.
The group returned with their second single Shady Girl on August 25, the music video of which featured Super Junior’s Kim Heechul. The group received a lot of media attention when a fan-taken video was uploaded online showing the group during their performance at the “Let’s Start Sharing Concert” on August 28. In the middle of this performance, member Bora suddenly fell on the stage, fracturing her thumb. This prompted the other members to stop singing and assist her off the stage with the help of staff.
Several minutes later, Bora returned to the stage along with the other members to finish their performance. The video went viral on the internet and was featured on G4’s online show Attack of the Show! and an RTL Television news segment.
In early April, it was announced that Sistar was going to broadcast their So Cool comeback showcase globally in 41 countries. Their first mini album, entitled Alone, was released on April 12 and contained six songs produced by the Brave Brothers. Their second mini album, Loving U, was released on June 28. The mini-album contained the title track Loving U (which was produced by Duble Sidekick), a new song called Holiday, and remixes of the groups’ past hits.
Sistar19’s Debut Songs and Story
On April 27 it was announced that Sistar would debut a sub-unit, Sistar19, with members Hyolyn and Bora. Their debut song Ma Boy was released May 3rd. Sistar19 had their first performance on May 5 and continued to promote throughout the month. Sistar returned on August 9 with their first studio album entitled So Cool. So Cool was the inaugural number one song on the Billboard Korea K-Pop Hot 100 Chart after the chart’s launch on August 25. On September 11, Sistar won their first “Mutizen Award” on Inkigayo.
SISTAR’s Debut Pictures
SISTAR’s Pre-Debut and Debut Stage Performances
Before debuting, SISTAR (especially Hyorin) trained with JYP Entertainment as singers. When Hyorin was unable to pass her test, members of 2AM said that they were Hyorin’s teachers.