Park Bom, a South Korean Singer
Park Bom, who was previously known as Bom, is a South Korean singer best known as a member of 2NE1. She started her career in 2006, in a musical and featuring on singles released by Big Bang, Masta Wu, and Lexy. She served as the main vocalist of 2NE1 and debuted in 2009. Park has released two solo singles, “You and I” and “Don’t Cry,” which reached number one on the Gaon Digital Chart, the national music chart of South Korea. She was awarded Best Digital Single at the 2010 Mnet Asian Music Awards. After the disbandment of 2NE1, Bom signed with D-Nation Entertainment and released a single. In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a detailed rundown of everything about Park Bom. Stay tuned!
Full Profile and Facts
- Birth Name: Park Bom (박봄)
- Stage Name: Park Bom (박봄)/Bom (봄)
- Nicknames: Bbang Bom, Bommie, Jenny Park
- Date of Birth: March 24th, 1984
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Height: 165 cm
- Weight: 52 kg
- Blood Type: AB
- Religion: Christian
- Occupation: Singer
- Years active: 2006 – present
- Labels: YG (past), D-Nation (present)
- Associated Acts: 2NE1, Big Bang, GD & TOP, Bom & Hi
- Education: Berklee College of Music (transfer), Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts (major in Psychology), Gould Academy in Bethel, Maine
- Park Bom has an older sister named Park Go-eun. She is a cellist. Bom herself is the youngest in her family.
- She can speak Korean, English, and some Japanese.
- She used to be a sleepwalker.
- Park Bom is the most popular member of 2NE1 in Korea.
- She was rejected once by SME and by YGE she was rejected for three years.
- Bom owns 2 dogs named Danchoo, and Choco and a puppy named Sasha.
- Her specialties are singing, dancing, playing the flute, piano, and cello.
- She is a licensed scuba driver.
- She has revealed she once did a ‘Lettuce Diet’ in order to lose weight. According to her, she doesn’t gain fat on her legs.
- Her musical influences are Mariah Carey, Beyoncé, and Christina Aguilera.
Park Bom’s Family
Park Bom is the second daughter in the family. She was born in Seoul, on March 24th, 1984. She has an older sister named Park Go-eun. Park Go-eun is a cellist. When she was in the sixth grade, Park Bom left Korea on her own to study in the United States. She graduated from Gould Academy in Bethel, Maine, and enrolled at Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, majoring in psychology.
Park Bom’s inspiration is Mariah Carey. She listened to Mariah Carey’s songs during her high school life. She wanted to pursue a career in music but her parents didn’t allow her. However, her aunt encouraged her and with the help of her aunt, she transferred to Berklee College of Music without her parents’ knowledge to pursue a music career.
Debut as a Member of 2NE1
2NE1 debuted in 2009. 2NE1 was first mentioned by South Korean press in late 2004. YGE announced in early 2009 that the group would consist of four members and debut sometime in May of that year. The agency also stated that the group had trained for four years. Announced in early 2009 that the group would consist of four members and debut sometime in May of that year.
The group’s name was initially announced as “21,” however, due to the discovery of a singer with the same name, the group was quickly renamed to “2NE1.” The name, pronounced in Korean to approximate English as “To Anyone” or (US) “Twenty One,” combines the phrases “21st century” and “New Evolution.”
The group 2NE1 consists of 4 members. The members of 2NE1 are Bom, CL, Dara, and Minzy. Park Bom was placed as the main vocalist of 2NE1. Before debuting, Spica’s Bohyung and Fiestar’s Linzy were trainees alongside the 2NE1 members. However, they were eliminated before debut.
Breakthrough as a Solo Artist
After the group disbanded in 2016, Park Bom signed under D-Nation Entertainment. She released a new single titled “Spring” which is of the same title as the EP. “Spring” is featured by her 2NE1 bandmate, Sandara Park.
Park, often known mononymously by her first name, Bom, which means “spring” in Korean, is returning with her seasonally-inspired music after years of being absent from the global music scene. Following her new single, Bom also returned with a repackaged EP, re: Blue Rose. Park Bom worked with Mamamoo’s Wheein on her repackaged album. The album also contains other tracks featuring Sandara Park and a solo ballad rendition featuring sibling and cellist Park Goeun.