- Key got his first main role in the tvN drama Drinking Solo that was aired in October.
- Key along with groupmate Taemin took a part in the Make a Promise campaign organized by UNICEF and Louis Vuitton.
- Key left his position as an MC of M! Countdown with his final appearance on April 13th, 2017.
- Key isn’t attracted to bad girls.
- Key owns 30 pairs of jeans.
- Key took part in the new MBC drama Lookout and the drama was on the air in May 2017.
- Key made his debut as a solo artist on November 6th, 2018, with the pre-release single “Forever Yours.”
- Key’s enlistment date into the military is March 4th, 2019. He was discharged on October 7th, 2020.
- Key helped design many of the members’ costumes for SHINee’s concerts.
- Key has 2 dogs called Commes Des and Garçon.
- In terms of crying, Key is the 2nd member of SHINee who can easily cry.
- He donates to charities often and he tries to do more volunteer work too.
- His official color is Pink.
- He is close to Red Velvet’s Yeri.
- He alongside Minho wrote all the rap parts for their album Story of Light.
What is Key’s real Korean name?
His real name is Kim Kibum. Lee Soo Man, an SM Entertainment producer, gave his stage name Key because of two main reasons:
- There was already a Super Junior member and a U-Kiss member that used Kibum as their stage name at the time SHINee made their debut.
- Key was formed from the word “기” that means unlock and the name is easy to call too.
Does Key speak English fluently?
Key is one of the SHINee members that can speak English other than Minho. He got a study program as an exchange student to America for six months. Not only that, but he was sent overseas by his family to study languages. He said that his favorite subject in school was English. He often talks and interacts with the fans using both Korean and English through various social media platforms.
Please check out the video of SHINee’s Key speaking English on KBS’ One Fine Day, below!
He also had several USA promos where most of his interviews were in English. You can check out one of his English interviews titled “Key From SHINee Tells Us About His First Times” with Buzzfeed below.
SHINee’s Key ideal type of girl
- Key’s ideal type of girl has changed over time; he said that it is hard to stick to the same ideal type all the time, so he tends to change it often.
- Key likes stylish women.
- The most recent ideal type of girl for Key is someone with mysterious vibes and personality who, after getting to know her better, is actually well-read and knowledgeable.
- Someone that makes Key curious and makes him want to know her more and turns out to be a smart person that he can have a discussion with.
- A woman who has various twists in her personality is the one that attracts Key most of the time.
Hey, you have made it all the way to the end. So now you know a little bit more about Key from SHINee; like his height, blood type, age, his favorites, weird and interesting facts about him, and even his ideal girlfriend. Key alongside SHINee is still planning on getting bigger and stronger as a group, so make sure to always give them lots of love and support them in the future!