Get To Know SEVENTEEN’s Main Dancer, Hoshi!
Kwon Soonyoung or mostly known as Hoshi, is a South Korean singer under Pledis Entertainment. He debuted with the boy group SEVENTEEN in May 2015. Hoshi is the main dancer of the group. He was also taking part as the leader of the performance team. As the main dancer, he sometimes uploaded his dance cover on Seventeen official Twitter. He choreographed some of the dances!
Are you curious about Seventeen’s Hoshi? Without further ado, let’s know more about Hoshi of SEVENTEEN!
SEVENTEEN’s Hoshi Profile
- Stage Name: Hoshi (호시)
- Full Name: Kwon Soonyoung (권순영)
- Nickname: 10:10 p.m., Kwon-jangnim, Kwon Hoshi, Kwon Spo, Hamzzi, Horanghae
- Date of Birth: June 15, 1996
- Place of Birth: Hanam-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Star Sign: Gemini
- Blood Type: B
- Height: 177 cm
- Weight: 65 kg
- Shoe size: 265 mm
- Debut Date: May 26, 2015 (with SEVENTEEN)
- Associated Acts: SEVENTEEN
- Agency: Pledis Entertainment
- Education: Changhyun Elementary School, Maseok Middle School, Maseok High School, Dong-A University of Broadcasting and Arts (K-POP major in broadcasting entertainment / dropped out), Hanyang University’s Future Human Resources Education Center (K-POP course/studying practical music major)
- MBTI: INFP
Interesting Facts of SEVENTEEN’s Hoshi
- Hoshi likes Japanese food, especially sushi, okonomiyaki, ramen, sukiyaki, and shabu-shabu.
- Hoshi trained for four years and joined PLEDIS Entertainment in 2011.
- Hoshi is a black belt in Taekwondo and was a Taekwondo champion when he was young.
- Hoshi’s role model is Keone Madrid.
- Hoshi’s favorite colors are black and white.
- Hoshi is good friends with Jun from U-Kiss because they went to the same school.
- Hoshi is a big fan of SHINee.
- Hoshi is a very active member of SEVENTEEN.
- Hoshi has no experience in dating. His mother told him to study first and date girls later in college.
- Hoshi’s ideal type is someone who is fragrant and likes him.
- Hoshi and Jeonghan showed up as guest juries in King of Masked Singer.
- As of June 2020, in the dormitory, he has his room.
- Hoshi’s stage name means star in Japanese.
Pre-debut Picture of SEVENTEEN’s Hoshi
Check out the pre-debut pictures of Seventeen’s Hoshi, which is very cute and chubby!
HOSHI’S BABY/PREDEBUT PICTURES THAT WILL BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY 💖
— ً (@luxuryhoshi) June 14, 2020
Hoshi Debut with SEVENTEEN
Hoshi became an official member of SEVENTEEN on May 26, 2015. In SEVENTEEN, a boy group contains thirteen members. He is in charge of the main dancer. Hoshi debuted along with S.Coups, Jeonghan, Joshua, Jun, Hoshi, Wonwoo, Woozi, The8, Mingyu, DK, Seungkwan, Vernon, and Dino. The group debuted with the release of an extended play called “Boys Be”.
Hoshi is a stage name that means “tiger’s gaze” because his dancing eyes resemble tigers. The pronunciation is the same as in Japanese, which means “star”. Hoshi’s dance creates a strong synergy. He is flexible, strong, and fantastic at controlling solid and weak. He is a former athlete who studied Taekwondo. The ability to perform very modern and dynamic movements with long arms and legs is the most notable feature. If you watch any of Hoshi’s stage videos, you must be amazed by his stage presence!
SEVENTEEN’s Hoshi Choreography and Fan-cam Video
Check out Hoshi’s Choreography video posted on their official social media here~
[17'S 호시] Bad – Christopher 연습영상
choreographer by 🐯 pic.twitter.com/eQIhP3AoIG
— 세븐틴(SEVENTEEN) (@pledis_17) September 8, 2018
[17'S 호시] 새로운 도전🐯
Have Mercy – Eryn Allen Kane
Choreography – jemma pic.twitter.com/afTbVHh2Zz
— 세븐틴(SEVENTEEN) (@pledis_17) September 2, 2020
[17'S 호시] 디노야 저거 우리 언제했냐ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ pic.twitter.com/fhPRLR9NZG
— 세븐틴(SEVENTEEN) (@pledis_17) July 23, 2020
[17'S 호시] 10시 10분 선물🐯
Bazzi – My self
HOSHI, Jemma lee pic.twitter.com/aFVQDLdpRZ
— 세븐틴(SEVENTEEN) (@pledis_17) June 25, 2020
Also, check out Hoshi’s fan-cam here!
In 2020, Seventeen comebacks with an album called “Semicolon” with their titled track called “Home;Run”. The song has a vibe like a musical, and the tune is catchy! More than that, the dance also so good to watch! Check out Hoshi fan-cam above and tell us your opinion!
Hit is one of the best eras of Seventeen. If you watch the choreography, it’s tough to be covered! Also, the dance is compelling. Check out some comments on Hoshi fan-cam during Hit era here:
- Just his fan cam views tell his power on stage and skills in choreography. Hoshi is dance, dance is Hoshi.
- When I saw Hoshi and Wonwoo at 1:43 I started to feel so bad for them because their choreo is powerful and difficult. However, they’re still able to perform so well, we need to let them know that they are absolutely amazing for the immense hard work in practice and when they perform, and they also need a break😥 we love you.
- NO MATTER WHO YOUR BIAS IS BUT WATCHING HOSHI FOCUS IS “A MUST”.
- His performance is really amazing.
- Seeing his sharp movements and expression while dancing is really satisfying. Kwon Hoshi the best!!!
Hoshi’s stage presence is very highly cool, right? He pulled off any choreography well, and the way he expresses his composition in dance is genuinely unique.