Let’s Get Personal with Seven O’Clock’s Hangyeom!
Currently, more and more boy groups are being formed and they all actively participate in spreading K-pop and Korea’s name. One of them is the boy group Seven O’clock, whose member lineup consists of seven handsome boys. Seven O’Clock or 7 o’clock (세븐 어클락) is a group formed by Staro Entertainment. The group name was chosen because they wanted to bring happiness to everyone through songs from the beginning of their day (7 a.m.) to the end of the day (7 p.m.) and hope their music can heal people’s hearts and give them hope.
When talking about a K-pop boy group it is impossible not to talk about their leader. Meet Hangyeom, who used to be called A-Day in their early debut but changed it in 2018. He is the leader, main rapper, main dancer, vocalist, and visual of the group (quite a lot, right?). He also participated in JTBC’s survival show MIXNINE and even ranked #6 in the final episode, but, sadly, didn’t get to debut with the supposed group project. Hmm, what else? Aren’t you curious to learn more? Scroll down the article below to find out all the details about him!
Hangyeom’s Full Profile
- Stage Name: Hangyeom (송한겸), used to be known as A-Day (에이데이)
- Birth Name: Song Yeong-eun (he used this in JTBC’s MIXNINE) but he legally changed it to Song Han-gyeom (송한겸) later
- Birthday: July 17th, 1996
- Position: Leader, Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Vocalist, Visual
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Height: 176 cm (5’9″)
- Weight: 62 kg
- Instagram: @songhangyeom_aday.soc
Hangyeom’s Fun Facts
- Seoul, South Korea, is his birthplace
- He doesn’t have any siblings
- He studied at Dongguk University
- Before using the stage name Hangyeom, his name was A-day
- He is one of the members of the original lineup of Seven O’clock
- He used to be the leader of a dance club and a band (where he was the main vocalist) when he was in high school
- He used to train in V Spec Academy for about three years
- He is exceptional in dancing
- Dancing, rapping, composing, and writing lyrics are some of the things he likes
- Black is his favorite color
- Burgers and iced coffee are his favorite foods
- Seven O’Clock’s “Time Machine” is his favorite song, along with “X” by Chris Brown and “Turn off Your Phone” by Jay Park
- He likes Marvel’s Infinity War and even recommends it
- According to him, a game character named Battlecruiser from Star Wars matches his personality traits
- His personal style is described as a streetwear
- He has a bad habit of impulsive shopping
- In the group, he represents ‘sexiness’
- According to the other members, he has an inverted charm (when on stage he looks cool, but in truth he is lonely)
- He took part in writing the lyrics for “Searchlight”
- He said that he’d introduce his sister to Jeonggyu (if he had one)
- He participated in JTBC’s survival show MIXNINE and even ranked #6 in the final episode; however, unfortunately, he didn’t get to debut with the supposed group project
About Seven O’Clock’s Hangyeom’s Personality
One of the things that you need to know about Hangyeom is that he is a really exceptional dancer and performer!
It’s no wonder, after all, he used to train in V Spec Academy for about three years and even became the leader of a dance club when he was in high school. It seems like his passion for dancing has been around since he was young, as he is very spirited about it, along with rapping, composing, and writing lyrics (he wrote the lyrics for “Searchlight”).
BUT, although he looks very cool and competent on stage, he is actually a real cutie pie! He can pull off an aegyo perfectly (although he’s cringing and regretting it later on).
He is also a big shopper! He has a bad habit of impulsive shopping. But, where does all his money go??? Hmm we don’t know, probably to purchase many streetwear clothes that he likes kkk~
Seven O’clock’s Hangyeom’s Focus Fancam
It had been said that in the group, Hangyeom represents the ‘sexiness’ component. And according to the other members, he looks really cool on stage.
And well, they are not lying.
Hangyeom is bursting with passionate and exciting energy whenever he’s performing on stage, even the netizens agreed about it as can be seen from some of the comments:
“This video should be titled ’cause of heart attack’ someone call 1-1-9 omg”
“He is so hot and talented, omg!! FIGHTING SEVEN O’CLOCK!”
“The BEST dancer ⭐💖”
“This boy needs to blow up bruh all of seven o’clock need to blow up”
“I love him so much ㅠ.ㅠ♡🇮🇶”
Need more ‘sexiness’? Check out these fancams below!
Seven O’clock’s Hangyeom’s Cover Songs
What do we stan more than a talented dancer? A multi-talented dancer AND singer. That’s right, and that’s Hangyeom for you. Not only he is GREAT at dancing, but he is also GREAT at singing. He holds the position of main dancer and vocalist of the group. He even used to be the leader of a band (where he was the main vocalist) back when he was in high school.
So it is not surprising that he can do a cover song rather greatly. Don’t believe it? Check out some of the videos below!
Seven O’Clock’s Hangyeom’s Visual
Hangyeom has a certain unique charm to him. His features are really soft, often reminding us of a flower boy and giving us a glimpse of his feminine side.
But, at the same time, he can also appear very cool and masculine. It’s a gift that becomes his charming point, the duality.
And, of course, his 3rd charm: cute side. Who can forget that?
So, what do you think? Which side of him do you like the most?
Seven O’clock’s Hangyeom’s Latest News
On August 22nd, 2020, Seven O’clock returned to the music scene as they released their first single album titled Highway. The album consists of two tracks, “Hey There” and “Wassup”, with an instrumental version of each of the two songs.
Previously, Hangyeom captured the fans’ attention with his teaser picture as he stares deeply at the camera under the red romantic light.
The album’s lead track was decided to be “Hey There” and the music video was released on August 29th, 2020, while the album’s physical format was released on August 31st, 2020.
Check out their MV below!
So, those are all the things that you need to know regarding the leader and visual of Seven O’Clock, Hangyeom! What do you think about him? Kindly share your thoughts in the comment section below!