Everything You Need To Know About the South Korean Rookie and Talented Boy Group Seven O’Clock
Seven O’Clock or 7 O’Clock is a newly formed rookie group from Staro Entertainment. This group has 6 members, namely A-Day, Vaan, Hyun, Young Hoon, Jeong Gu, and Tae Young. The group name was chosen because they “want to give happiness to everyone with their songs from the beginning of their day (7 a.m.) to the end of the day (7 p.m.).” The agency also added that the members wanted their music to heal people’s hearts and give them hope.
A-Day who became the leader of this group played an active role in creating the song “Time Machine” that was also included in their first mini-album.
Profile and Facts About Seven O’Clock Members
|Birth Name||Song Yeon-geun (MIXNINE vLive) but he legally changed it to Song Han-Gyeom (송한겸)|
|Stage Name||Hangyeom (한겸) [formerly known as A-Day (에이데이)]|
|Date and Place of Birth||July 17th, 1996, South Korea|
|Height||176 cm (5’9″)|
|Position In Group||Leader, Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Vocalist, Visual|
|Social Media||Instagram: @songhangyeom_aday.soc|
- His hobbies are dancing, rapping, composing, and writing lyrics.
- A-Day is a good dancer.
- According to the members he has a reverse charm (on stage he looks cool but inside he feels a little bit lonely)
- If A-Day has a sister, he would introduce JeongGyu to her. (After School Club)
- When A-Day was in high school, he was the leader of a band and a dance club. He also was the main vocal of the band, even though he is a rapper now. (Pops in Seoul)
- A-Day participated in MixNine and passed the audition. (He ended up being ranked 6th which gave him an opportunity to debut)
- Hangyeom wrote the lyrics for “Searchlight.”
|Birth Name||Park Sung-Hyun (박성현)|
|Stage Name||Hyun (현)|
|Date and Place of Birth||August 25th, 1997, Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|Height||176 cm (5’9″)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lbs)|
|Position In Group||Vocalist|
|Social Media||Instagram: @hyun.soc|
- Hyun’s hometown is Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
- His hobby is cooking.
- His specialty is singing.
- Hyun hates vegetables.
- Hyun is the best cook. (After School Club)
- He is in charge of “silliness” in the group.
- Hyun participated in MixNine but didn’t pass the audition.
|Birth Name||Kim Young-Hoon (김영훈)|
|Stage Name||2soul [formerly known as YoungHoon (영훈)]|
|Date and Place of Birth||September 10th, 1997, South Korea|
|Height||172 cm (5’8″)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lbs)|
|Position In Group||Main Vocalist|
|Social Media||Instagram: @2soul.soc|
- His hobby is watching movies.
- His specialty is singing.
- He is in charge of ‘cuteness’ in the group; he has always been told that he is filled with lovely or aegyo-like charm.
- Younghoon’s favorite sport is baseball. (After School Club)
- Younghoon participated in MixNine but didn’t pass the audition.
|Birth Name||Lim Jeong-Gyu (임정규)|
|Stage Name||Jeong Gyu (정규)|
|Date and Place of Birth||November 5th, 1997, South Korea|
|Height||181 cm (5’11″)|
|Weight||62 kg (137 lbs)|
|Position In Group||Lead Vocalist, Sub-Rapper|
|Social Media||Instagram: @jeonggyu.soc|
- His hobby is to watch and comment on soccer and baseball matches.
- He can play the guitar.
- He is in charge of ‘energy’ in the group.
- JeongGyu takes the longest showers. (After School Club)
- He eats the most among all the members. (After School Club)
- He prefers Americano over Cappucino. (After School Club)
- Jeonggyu is a sleepwalker. (Pops in Seoul)
- Jeonggyu has a short torso. He’s the second tallest, but when he sits he looks like the smallest among the members. (Pops in Seoul)
- Jeonggyu participated in MixNine but didn’t pass the audition.
|Birth Name||Kim Tae-Young (김태영)|
|Stage Name||Tae Young (태영)|
|Date and Place of Birth||June 18th, 1999, South Korea|
|Height||178 cm (5’10″)|
|Weight||60 kg (132 lbs)|
|Position In Group||Lead Vocalist, Maknae|
|Social Media||Instagram: @taeyoung.soc|
- His hobby is beatboxing.
- He can play the drums.
- Taeyoung’s favorite color is pink.
- Taeyoung can’t live without a mirror. (After School Club)
- He is nicknamed “shoulder-gangster” (he has the broadest shoulders in the group).
- Taeyoung prefers sweet over salty food. (After School Club)
- Taeyoung participated in MixNine but didn’t pass the audition.
|Stage Name||Andy (앤디)|
|Date of Birth||October 6th, 1994|
|Position In Group||Vocalist|
- He was added to the group in January 2019.
- Andy is from Hong Kong.
- He speaks Korean, Chinese, and English.
Former Member: Vaan
|Birth Name||Kim Sang-Won (김상원)|
|Stage Name||Vaan (반)|
|Date of Birth||October 10th, 1996|
|Height||181 cm (5’11”)|
|Weight||66 kg (145 lbs)|
|Position In Group||Main Rapper|
|Social Media||Instagram: @login_vxxn|
- His hobbies are composing, watching movies, and playing football.
- He can play the piano.
- Vaan is a good swimmer.
- Vaan is kinda known to be a T.O.P look-alike.
- Vaan participated in MixNine and passed the audition. (He ended up ranked 31st)
- On September 19th, 2018 it was announced that Vaan left this group.
Seven O’Clock’s Official Debut
Seven O’Clock debuted on March 16th, 2017, under Staro Entertainment. Seven O’Clock made their official debut by releasing the first mini-album titled Butterfly Effect. This first mini-album contains five songs with the lead single “ECHO.”
Seven O’Clock, at the time, consisted of leader A-Day, Vaan, Hyun, Young Hoon, Jung Gyu, and Tae Young. This group is a group made by STARO Entertainment, where the group’s name was chosen because they planned to give happiness, hope and steal the hearts of many people with their songs from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Before their debut, Seven O’Clock had already captured fans’ attention through their social media accounts, including the introductory videos of each person via their official YouTube account. While their mini-album, Butterfly Effect contains a total of five songs including an instrumental song. Their leading debut song has been described as a tropical house song. A-Day, the leader, also participated in the album production, which showed his ability as a songwriter with the song “Time Machine.”
Seven O’Clock’s Discography
|“Echo” (시계바늘)||2017||Butterfly Effect|
Vaan Leaves the Group, Seven O’Clock Announces Signing With a New Agency
On September 19th, 2018, the Forest Network entertainment label revealed that they had signed an exclusive contract with the rookie group, Seven O’Clock.
The label stated, “Former member of Seven O’Clock, Vaan, has decided to leave the group, and the group will regroup with a lineup of 5 members, with A-Day, Hyun, Younghoon, Junggyu, and Taeyoung. The label and members tried to convince Vaan [to stay] many times, but in the end, we decided to respect the wishes of individuals to stop participating in group activities, and the group would regroup. That is not an easy decision for the members. We ask for support and encouragement to Seven O’Clock and Vaan.”
Seven O’Clock, debuting under Staro Entertainment in 2017, will now be managed under the auspices of a new agency. This group plans to soon have their comeback as a group of 5 members.
Seven O’Clock’s Instagram
Seven O’Clock Announce Their Comeback in February This Year With a New Member!
Seven O’Clock will be back on the stage, on February 21st, 2019, introducing a new member, Andy!
Seven O’Clock’s comeback will be the first as a group of six members, with their new member, Andy. Previously, in September 2018, Vaan left the group, and Seven O’Clock briefly promoted their group as five members.
Forest Network, as the agency overseeing Seven O’Clock said, “They will release a new single on February 18th; Seven O’Clock will officially start the promotion. They will return with a different style from what was previously released “Nothing Better,” so hope you guys look forward to it.”
Seven O’Clock debuted in 2017 with the Butterfly Effect.
Seven O’Clock Announce Their Official Colors!
Rookie Boy Group Seven O’Clock has announced the official colors for their fan club R.O.S.e!
On February 8th, the Group shared announcements on their official social media accounts and explained the reasons behind the color choices. Colors will have a total of three colors for Seven O’Clock, with gradations formed when three colors blend together.
According to the explanation, “Each color represents our desire to fill every moment with happiness, from 7 a.m., when we start our day, until the end of the day at 7 p.m., and all the moments we share with R.O.S.e.”
Seven O’Clock officially made their comeback in February, again as a six-member group, introducing the new member Andy.