Meet Jeunggyu—Seven O’Clock’s and K-Pop’s Human Battery
Seven O’Clock is a Korean idol group under the management of Staro entertainment and KDH Entertainment. The boys released their debut album Butterfly Effect in March 2017. Originally, Seven O’clock had seven members: Hangyeom, Hyun, 2Soul, Jeunggyu, Taeyoung, Andy, and Rui.
Jeunggyu was initially the lead vocalist of Seven O’Clock, but later he improved his rapping skills and became the group’s sub-rapper. Surprisingly, his dancing skills also stood out. His moves are fast and powerful. Jeunggyu has endless energy and he even claimed that he wanted to be the K-Pop human battery. Judging by his stage performances, Jeunggyu surely has endless energy reserves and always puts on a show.
In this article, Channel-Korea will talk all about Seven O’Closk’s Jeunggyu. So, stay tuned!
Full Profile of Seven O’Clock’s Jeunggyu
Name: Lim Jeung-gyu
Stage Name: Jeunggyu
Date of Birth: November 5th, 1997
Place of Birth: Busan City, South Korea
Height: 181 cm
Weight: 62 kg
Position: Lead vocalist, rapper
Chinese Zodiac: The Year of the Ox
V Live: channels/D2F587
Fun Facts about Seven O’Clock’s Jeunggyu
- Jeunggyu loves watching soccer and baseball matches and making comments on the game
- Unconsciously, Jeunggyu can do sleepwalking
- He is the second tallest member but he looks smaller due to his short torso
- He has long legs
- He loves drinking coffee and prefers americano to cappuccino
- He can play the guitar well
- Red is Jeunggyu’s favorite color
- His fashion style is casual and comfortable
- He loves playing baseball
- “Eyes on You” is his favorite song
- He tried competing in Mixnine but failed in the audition stage
- He decided to leave his group due to health issues
About Seven O’Clock’s Jeonggyu’s Personality
- Jeunggyu always has overflowing energy, he is in charge of the group’s energy
- Jeunggyu is always eager to improve his talents. Before making a comeback, Jeonggy improved his rapping skills and is currently in charge of the sub-rapper position
- Jeunggyu’s dream for Seven O’Clock is to be able to hold a group concert. He always wanted to show his best charm. On the stage, he wanted to look cool and fresh at the same time
- In the future, Jeunggyu wants to become the K-Pop human battery. He always has overflowing energy
- Among all member, Jeunggu is responsible for making reactions and sometimes even overreacting to capture the fans’ attention
Jeonggyun and Seven O’clock performed at Arirang TV’s Simply K-Pop. It is a language program that gives chance to idol groups to interact with fans, especially global fans. The program was broadcast on November 2nd, 2018. Jeonggyu and other group members were dressed in a stylish school uniform-like costume. They performed their most popular single “Nothing Better.”
Jeonggyu performed like he is the main dancer of Seven O’clock. His dance moves were quick and powerful. It seemed like he had been doing and practicing the moves a thousand times. He memorized all the moves and made good facial expressions. On the stage, he jumped higher, bent his body lower, and moved faster than the other member.
In another fan-cam video, Jeonggyu and Taeyong perform a duet dance cover of EXO’s “The Eve” at a concert in Warsaw, Poland. The concert was held on a small stage and the audience could experience their idol’s performance from a closer and more intimate distance. He said that he wanted to be the K-Pop human battery and he proved that he is an everlasting battery. His energy was overflowing and his dance moves were powerful. Although perhaps it is better to look at the audience occasionally and make eye contact with fans.
Jeonggyu cried happy tears when Seven O’clock members prepared a surprise birthday party for him. Some of his friends laughed at him, while others were surprised to see him cry like a big baby. However, Jeonggyu must have been touched by the attention and care from his friends. He was barely able to stop his tears even when his friends hugged him and patted him on the shoulder.
Seven O’Clock’s Jeonggyu’s Visual
Jeonggyu has both a serious and playful character. On the stage, he turns into a dance machine with endless energy. Off the stage, he changes into a playful and easygoing character. Sometimes, he makes cute and dorky poses during promotional events.
Jeonggyu has a babyface look. His eyes are big and dark black. He could be like the friendly neighbor guy. Jeonggyu is also a melancholic guy. When his friends prepared him a surprise birthday party, he cried like a small child in front of the camera. He is just such a cute guy!
Indefinite Hiatus from Seven O’clock’s Activities
Jeonggyu went on an indefinite hiatus from Seven O’clock’s activities due to health issues. In October 2019, Staro Entertainment announced the temporary hiatus of Jeonggyu, Hyun, and 2Soul. However, within less than a week, 2Soul returned to the group after undergoing treatment for his health issue.
That was all the information about Seven O’Clock’s Jeonggyu. Check out the profiles and fun facts of the other members in the collection of Channel-Korea articles.