South Korean Child Actress is All Grown Up, Seo Ji-Hee
Seo Ji-Hee is a South Korean actress. She was born on April 4th, 1998, in South Korea and made her debut in 2004. She is under Korean Agency, Bom&See Entertainment.
Seo Ji-Hee’s Profile
|Name||Seo Ji-Hee ( 서지희 )|
|Born||April 4, 1998, South Korea|
|Education||Seoul Of Performing Arts Seoul ( SOPA )|
|Years Active||2004 – Present|
Drama Series My Name Is Kim Sam-Soon
My Lovely Sam-soon (Hangul: 내 이름은 김삼순; RR: Nae ireumeun Kim Sam-soon; lit. My Name Is Kim Sam-soon) is a South Korean television series that aired on MBC from June 1st to July 21st, 2005 on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:55 for 16 episodes. It was based on the internet novel of the same title by Ji Soo-hyun, which was published on March 9th, 2004. Touted as the Korean version of Bridget Jones’s Diary, it starred Kim Sun-a (who gained 15 pounds for the role), Hyun Bin, Jung Ryeo-won and Daniel Henney.
“Sam-soon” is an old-fashioned name in Korean culture. It is translated as “3rd daughter” (sam is three, soon is meek or feminine).
The romantic comedy-drama series was a huge hit, with an average viewership rating of 37.6%, and its peak rating of 50.5% (for the finale) makes it the 26th highest rated Korean drama of all times. It also won numerous awards, including the Baeksang Arts Awards Grand Prize for TV, and the Grand Prize at the MBC Drama Awards for Kim Sun-ah.
Seo Ji-Hee in the series My Name is Kim Sam-soon
In this drama series, Seo Ji-Hee plays as Hyun Mi-Joo’s – nephew of Hyun-Bin. Hyun Mi-Joo became mute due to the shock of her parent’s death in a car accident.
Seo Ji-Hee in Drama Series The Moon Embracing The Sun
Do you still remember Mi Joo’s character, a little girl who never casts her voice on the popular series “My Name is Kim Sam Soon” (2005)? Mi Joo’s actor who became Hyun Bin’s nephew in this series, Seo Ji Hee, is now growing up and becoming a beautiful woman. Still struggling in the world of acting, Ji Hee has acted in the latest drama series from MBC station, “The Moon Embracing the Sun” which began its broadcast on January 4th, 2012. The drama received up to 20% in viewership rating. In the drama, she plays the servant to the character “Yeon Woo.” Now she is all grown up, but she still has her very intelligent looking eyes. The high rating of the first two episodes of the series made Ji Hee’s name elevated.
Netizens commented, “I didn’t know that she was still acting!” “Wow she is very pretty,” and “Ahh… she’s Mi Joo from ‘My Name Is Kim Sang Soon.'”
Until now Ji Hee was recorded as acting in a number of famous serial titles. Starting from “Love Story in Harvard” (2004), “One Fine Day” (2006), “Everybody Cha Cha Cha” (2009) to “Flames of Ambition” (2010), The Moon Embracing The Sun (2012), Cheer Up, Mr. Kim (2012-2013), Doctor Stranger (2014), Angry Mom (2015), The Merchant: Gaekju 2015 (2015-2016), and I Have a Lover (2015-2016).
Seo Ji-Hee’s Filmography
- Miracle on 1st Street | 1Beonga-ui gijeok (2007) – Myung-Ran (young)
- Sympathy for Lady Vengeance | Chinjeolhan Geumjassi (2005) – Eun-Joo
- I Have a Lover | Aeinitseoyo (SBS / 2015-2016) – Baek Ji
- The Merchant: Gaekju 2015 | Jangsaui Sin – Gaekju 2015 (KBS2 / 2015-2016) – Chun So-Rye (young)
- Angry Mom | Aenggeurimam (MBC / 2015) – Hwang Min-Joo
- Doctor Stranger | Dakteo Yibangin (SBS / 2014) – Song Jae-Hee (young)
- Cheer Up, Mr. Kim | Himnaeyo Mister Gim (KBS / 2012-2013) – Kim Hee-Rae
- The Moon Embracing The Sun | Haereul Poomeun Dal (MBC / 2012) – Sul (teen)
- Three Sisters | Sejamae (SBS / 2010) – Choi Bo-Ram (Eun-yeong’s daughter)
- Jolly Widows | Dahamkke Cha Cha Cha (KBS / 2009)
- Soaring High | Nalaoreuda (SBS / 2007)
- Blue Fish | Pureun Mulgogi (SBS / 2007)
- One Fine Day | Eoneu Meotjinnal (MBC / 2006)
- My Name Is Kim Sam-soon | Nae ireumeun Kim Sam-soon (MBC / 2005) – Hyun Mi-Joo
- Green Rose | Geurin Rojeu (SBS / 2005) – Oh Soo-Ah (young)
- Love Story in Harvard | Rubeusutori in Habeodeu (SBS / 2004-2005)
- People of the Water Flower Village | Mul ggot maeul Saram deul (MBC / 2004)
- My 19 Year Old Sister in Law | Hyeolsunimeun Yeolah Heop (SBS / 2004)