Action Scene in Korean Drama
Recently, K-Drama fever has been spreading all over the world in an ever increasing manner. The various genres offer everyone a piece of viewing pleasure according to their personal tastes and likes.
Korean dramas come in so many different genres that make it easy for you to choose the type of drama you’d like to watch. Before we proceed with the review of You’re All Surrounded, let’s take a closer look at the various K-drama genres first.
1. A melodrama is a story or play in which there are a lot of exciting and sad events in which people’s emotions are very exaggerated. Moreover, a melodrama tends to feature a reductive plot line and characters that are stereotypical.
2. An action drama is a genre in which the protagonist or protagonists are thrust into a series of challenges that typically include violence, extended fighting, physical feats, and frantic chases.
3. A romance genre is a kind of drama whose aim is to present a tale or history of love, and whose plot is told through the dialogue of the actors.
4. A comedy-drama is a literary genre and a type of dramatic work that is amusing and satirical in its tone, mostly having a cheerful ending.
5. Rom-com (romantic comedy) is the perfect genre for those who are looking for a light drama with a lot of funny moments and a lot of romantic scenes, and also with cute characters of actors in action.
6. The Fantasy genre is a fun drama of illusion that focuses on the actors’ characters who have supernatural powers or is a story about the different worlds among the actors’ characters.
7. The historical genre is a type of drama that takes place in the past, while a monarch was in power in the ancient days of Korea. The location and time of the story tell what happened during the monarch’s era.
8. School genre is usually a story about a student’s life: teenager, school conditions, love, friendship, bullying, and rivals.
9. A drama of the medical genre tells the story of how is hospital life and activity. Usually, it includes surgeons, pharmacy, psychiatrists, nurses, patients, and other doctors.
10. A psychological drama deals with mental disorders, how to handle the disorders and is great for character development.
You’re All Surrounded: A Drama about Four Rookie Detectives
Drama name: You’re All Surrounded
Hangul: 너희들은 포위됐다
Romanization: Neoheedeuleun Phowidwaetda
Genre: Action, comedy, romance
Episode Lenght: 60 minute
Aired: From May 7th to July 17th, 2014
Country: South Korea
Cast: Lee Seung-gi as Eun Dae-koo
Go Ara as Eo Soo-sun
Ahn Jae-hyun as Park Tae-il
Park Jung-min as Ji Kook
Cha Seung-won as Seo Pan-seok.
You’re All Surrounded follows the stories of four young rookie detectives at a police station in Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea. They find themselves promoted to detectives due to an attempt to clear up corruption in the force. None of the rookies even dreamed of becoming a detective. Then, they meet with their chief investigator of team #3, Seo Pan-seok (Cha Seung-won), for the first time.
At the front line of the story of this drama is Kim Ji-young (Lee Seung-gi), who after witnessing the murder of his mother, changes his name to Eun Dae-koo and becomes a detective. There is an episode in which Eun Dae-koo starts to spy the chief of his team, Seo Pan-seok (Cha Seung-won) believing that he is somehow related to the case of his mother’s murder. In 11 years, he has never managed to forget about him and his involvement in the truth behind his mother’s murder. He learns about Seo Pan-seok’s past, his real identity, and makes a deep connection with the people around him.
The bitter-sweet story of each character in this drama will surely make you want to watch this drama over and over again. As the plot-line develops the story gets more interesting, more complicated, neat, unexpected, and obvious at the same time.
The main character Kim Ji-young/Eun Dae-goo played by leading actor Lee Seung-gi is very well developed and interesting. His photographic memory that is sort of a trademark of his character reminds us of Conan Edogawa. Despite being tough, arrogant, and stubborn, he also has a funny side of his character as well. His serious character is well matched with Eo Soo-sun (Go Ara), a character who has a hilarious, kind, and lovely side.
Park Tae-il, Ahn Jae-hyun’s character, is someone who has a handsome face, is overall good-looking, is quite well and is the smartest member. And Ji Gook Park Jung-min’s character is naive, nerdy, and always manages to find trouble but is trying his best to help his team. All of these details make this drama more interesting and fun to watch.
Meet Seo Pan-seok, played by Cha Seung-won, who brings the twist in the plot-line with his angry, yet calm and mysterious persona.
In summary, You’re All Surrounded is a very good and entertaining drama. The actors’ and actresses’ chemistry and performance really bring out the best in their characters. They can make you curious and laugh as well. Even the soundtrack supports every scene perfectly. Action meets comedy and is wrapped with romantic scenes making this drama highly recommended as a part of your watching list of K-drama.