RAINBOW’s Seung-ah—Vocalist and Actress
Seung-ah is a South Korean singer, model, and actress. She debuted as a member of RAINBOW on November 14th, 2009. After the group disbanded, she started her acting career and opened her YouTube channel. In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with a run-through of everything about RAINBOW’s Seung-ah. Check it out!
Full Profile of RAINBOW’s Seung-ah
- Stage Name: Oh Seung Ah (오승아)
- Full Name: Oh Seung Ah (오승아/吳丞芽), formerly Oh Se Mi (오세미)
- Nickname: Eolcham
- Date of Birth: September 13th, 1988
- Birthplace: Songpa-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Nationality: Korean
- Star Sign: Virgo
- Blood Type: A
- Height: 168 cm (5 ft 6 inches)
- Weight: 47 kg (103 lbs)
- Shoe Size: 250 mm
- Occupation: Singer
- Associated Acts: RAINBOW (Color: Indigo)
- Debut Year: November 14th, 2009 (with RAINBOW)
- Agency: DSP Media (2009–2016), MADA Entertainment (마다엔터테인먼트) (present)
- Education: Seryun Middle School (graduated), Changdeok Girls’ High School (graduated), Sejong University (Department of Film and Arts/Graduated)
- Official Instagram: snowmanloveu
- Official Twitter: Seunga0913
- Official YouTube: seungaoh | 오승아O’style
Facts about RAINBOW’s Seung-ah
- She was auditioning with Kara’s Koo Ha-ra and Kang Ji-young. In addition, the agency asked her to join Kara, but she made her debut with Rainbow.
- Seung-ah worked as a member of the KBS children’s choir when she was an elementary school student. She also attended an academy and performed in a musical when she was a senior in high school.
- When she was still a member of RAINBOW, her position in the group was lead vocalist.
- At the beginning of Seung-ah’s debut, she was introduced to the term “a girl who was in charge of innocence in Rainbow,” but she was in charge of eccentricity. To put it simply, the concept was “Eolcham” (as good as one’s face). That’s how Eolcham became Seung-ah’s nickname.
- Seung-ah is the top 3rd visual of the group.
- Seung-ah can play the piano. Her hobby is reading books.
- In MBC’s Flower Bouquet (가족 버라이어티 꽃다발), she made a big hit with her vocal mimicry and choreography of Son Dam-bi.
- Hyun-young picked Seung-ah as the member she wanted to introduce to her brother.
- Seung-ah was the eldest among female performers in The Romantic & Idol‘s 1st episode aired on tvN in 2012.
- She has been working as an editor at Application Pikicast since June 2015. She’s working under the name Sseungkechi Book.
Debut as a RAINBOW Member
Seung-ah debuted with RAINBOW on November 14th, 2009. She almost debuted with KARA, but in the end, she became a RAINBOW member instead. RAINBOW consists of seven members, Jae-kyung, Woori, Seung-ah, No-eul, Yoon-hye, Ji-sook, and Hyun-young. The group was formed under DSP Media. The group released their mini-album titled Gossip Girl on November 12th, 2009, as their debut album.
Check out RAINBOW’s Hot Debut “Gossip Girl” Music Video, here!
Also, check out Seung-ah’s fan-cam, here:
In 2016, DSP Media announced that the group was about to disband due to the end of their exclusive contracts on October 27th. On November 12th, 2016, the group officially disbanded.
After the group disbanded, the members still kept in touch and were often seen hang-out together. In 2019, the group reunited on November 14th and celebrated their 10-year anniversary by uploaded a music video. Aside from their reunion, they also released an Extended Play (EP) titled Over The Rainbow with their self-produced single, titled “Aurora.” Check out the MV, here:
Disbandment and Future Activity
After the group disbanded, Seung-ah made a personal YouTube channel in 2016. Named Oh Seung-ah Life Style, her YouTube channel consists of her daily video logs, and some random stuff. She also started her acting career and managed to get a leading role in some dramas.
Check out some of Seung-ah’s popular YouTube videos, here:
Seung-ah’s YouTube channel: 오승아O’style
Lately, she signed an exclusive contract with MADA Entertainment, an agency for actresses and actors.