Latest Info About Veteran Actress Sunwoo Eun-Sook
Once known as a graceful woman in her rookie days, Sunwoo Eun-Sook debuted in the acting industry before she hit her 20s in 1978. And, if you’re wondering about her peculiar surname Sunwoo which is uncommon among Koreans, it is actually not her birth name. In the entertainment industry in the past, there were some famous stars who had the first name Sunwoo, such as Sunwoo Yong and Sunwoo Sun. So, Sunwoo is not her real name but Eun-Sook is.
Not long after she debuted, at the peak of her career, she married fellow actor Lee Young-Ha in 1981 and gave birth to two sons. But, eventually, they divorced in 2007 after 26 years of marriage. Aren’t you curious about her love, family, and career life? Keep on reading for more!
Full Profile of Sunwoo Eun-Sook
Name: Sunwoo Eun-Sook
Hangul Name: 선우은숙
Chinese Name: 鮮于 銀淑
Occupation: Actress (1978 – present)
Agency: CMG Chorok Management (former), MGB Entertainment / 엠지비엔터테인먼트 (past), Management Koo
Nationality: South Korean
Date of Birth: December 24, 1959
Place of Birth: Seoul, South Korea
Chinese Zodiac Sign: Pig
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Blood Type: O
Height: 159 cm
Weight: 45 kg (past)
Family: Ex-husband, actor Lee Young-Ha (m. 1981; div. 2007), 2 children (both sons named Lee Sang-Won and Lee Sang-Min)
Education: Duksung Girls High School, Seoul Arts University Department of Broadcasting, Graduate School of Media Studies, Korea University (Non-degree completion)
Facts & Trivia About Sunwoo Eun-Sook
- She has one older sister, one older brother, and one younger sister.
- She can play the piano.
- One of her hobbies is golfing.
- She also took a course in top-class communication at the Korea University Graduate School of Media.
- She is a public relations ambassador for 1% Sharing Campaign (August 2011).
- She said in an interview that she is running a restaurant business.
- If she could go back to age 23, she would want to date freely and just get married in her 30s.
- She cannot drink.
- Her house is filled with monochrome colors such as black, brown, and silver.
- She once went to volunteer activities with her sister at a cheese factory in Paju.
- She lost her mother four months before her divorce.
- She got her slender and firm body through steady walking exercises every day.
- She rarely overeats or skips meals. In the morning, she drinks soy flour in milk.
- To relieve stress, she does mountain climbing when she has time.
About Sunwoo Eun-Sook’s Love Life & Family
- Her former husband is actor Lee Young-Ha who was born in 1950. At the age of 23 in 1981, Sunwoo Eun-Sook got married to him when he was 32 years old.
- Lee Young-Ha first met Sunwoo Eun-Sook as a fellow performer in the drama The Young Zelkova Tree and performed a wonderful proposal by singing at the dinner party where the actors and staff were all called to the house for a drama celebration.
- After marriage, they were well-known as a star couple and even starred together in several advertisements.
- They didn’t go on a honeymoon as normal couples do. They went to Busan for 1 night and 2 days. Two months later, she was pregnant.
- The couple, who had received much love, divorced in 2007. The decision, which was made under a mutual agreement, came 26 years after tying the knot. The exact reason for the divorce was not given. However, they mentioned that they were letting each other go to allow more freedom.
- Some rumors circulated that Lee Young-Ha had an affair with another female celebrity and got involved with the #metoo movement controversy, but it wasn’t confirmed whether the rumors were true or false. Instead, in an interview, Sunwoo Eun-Sook said this ambiguously, “When a couple lives long, I decided to let each other relax.”
- One of Sunwoo Eun-Sook’s sons is currently living with her ex-husband.
- The eldest son is Lee Sang-Won (이상원), who is an actor, and the younger son is Lee Sang-Min (이상민).
- Her son Lee Sang-Won married Choi Choi-Jung, a model from Miss Chunhyang, in September 2018. Lee Young-Ha and Sunwoo Eun-Sook attracted a lot of attention at the wedding ceremony.
- “When I was alone, I thought life was comfortable, and I was really free. I thought I could enjoy a lot and try everything. However, since I am alone, I have nothing to do. In the eyes of the world, the “divorced woman” tags follow. I’m just a divorced woman.”
- She expressed that if she could, she wants to remarry a good man.