Some of you may have heard this actor’s name before, Kim Ho-jin. Born in 1970, he is most known as an actor and food show host. Kim started his acting career in 1990 in the movie Madame Aema 4. He is also most acknowledged in TV series as he has played leading roles in the television dramas Tender Hearts (2001), Sunshine Hunting (2002), Yellow Handkerchief (2003), New Wise Mother, Good Wife (also known as Modern Housewives, 2007), Two Wives (2009), Can’t Live Without You (2012), and Everybody, Kimchi! (2014). Besides his acting, he has also become a host for several food TV shows such as Kim Ho-jin’s Cook and Talk, Tasty Road 2, and a jury member on the show Kitchen Fighter.
If you want to find out more about Kim Ho-jin, keep reading this article! Channel-Korea has compiled everything you need to know about Kim Ho-jin!
Kim Ho-jin’s Full Profile
Name: Kim Ho-Jin
Birthdate: May 5, 1970
Birthplace: South Korea
Family Members: Kim Ji-Ho (wife; m. 2001), 1 child
Education: Seoul Institute of the Arts – Film; Sejong Cyber University – Finance and Insurance; Chung-Ang University Graduate School of Performing Arts and Media – Master’s degree in Film Studies
Kim Ho-jin’s Filmography
Kim Ho-jin started his acting career in 1990. He starred in various roles, from supporting roles to leading roles. In 2007, he expanded his career into becoming a host for a food TV show named Kim Ho-jin’s Cook and Talk. Since then, he started to hosting food shows and sometimes became a jury member for cooking competition TV show.
Kim’s acting should not be underestimated. Since his debut era, he has already been acknowledged by winning a KBS Drama Award for ‘Best New Actor’. Check out his movies, TV shows, and awards!
- Venus Talk | Gwanneungui Bubchik (2014) – Gu Dong-wook
- Madeleine (2003)
- Mr. Condom (1997)
- Love in the Rain | Bineun salangeul tago (1994)
- The Story of Two Women | Duyeoja iyagi (1994)
- Madame Aema 5 (1991)
- Madame Aema 4 (1990)
- The King in Love | Wangeun Saranghanda (MBC / 2017) – Wang Young
- Glamorous Temptation | Hwaryeohan Yoohok (MBC / 2015-2016) – Kwon Moo-Hyuk
- Everybody, Kimchi! | Modoo Da Kimchi (MBC / 2014) – Shin Tae-Kyung
- Can’t Live Without You | Geudaeupin Motsalah (MBC / 2012) – Hyun Tae
- Heaven’s Garden | Cheonsangui Hwawon (Channel A / 2011-2012) – Kang Tae-Sub
- Two Wives | Du Anae (SBS / 2009)
- The Iron Empress | Cheon Chu Tae Hu (KBS2 / 2009) – Wang-Wook
- Four Colors of Love | Salaganeun Dongan Huheehal Jul Alkmyeonseodo Jeojireuneun Ildeul (KBS / 2008)
- Modern Housewives | Sinhyeonmoyangcheo (MBC / 2007) – Heo Myung-Pil
- Seoul 1945 (KBS / 2006) – Lee Dong-Woo
- Little Women (SBS / 2004)
- Yellow Handkerchief | Noran Sonsukeon (KBS / 2003)
- Ahjumma (MBC / 2001)
- More Than Love | Sarangeun Amuna Hana (MBC / 2000)
- Wave | Pado (SBS / 1999)
- Romance | Romaenseu (SBS / 1998)
- Because I Love You | Sarang Hanikka (SBS / 1997)
- The Reason For My Living | Naega Saneun Yiyu (MBC / 1997)
- Love and Marriage | Sarangkwa Kyeolhon (MBC / 1995)
- Police (KBS2 / 1994)
- Kim Ho-jin’s Cook and Talk (MBC Every 1/2007)
- Find! Delicious TV (MBC/2007)
- Tokyo Wine Diary (O’live TV/2008)
- Body, Ruled by Food (KBS1/2009)
- Kim Ho-jin’s Lunch Box (O’live TV/2009)
- Tasty Road 2 (O’live TV/2009)
- Olive Show (O’live TV/2011)
- Kitchen Fighter (O’live TV/2011)
- K-Food World Festival: Tasty Challenge (MBC/2013)
|1994||KBS Drama Awards||Best New Actor||Won|
|2001||KBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actor||Tender Hearts||Won|
|2003||KBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actor||Yellow Handkerchief||Won|
|2008||KBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actor in a One-Act/Special/Short Drama||Things We Do That We Know We Will Regret||Nominated|
|2009||SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama||Two Wives||Nominated|
|KBS Drama Awards||Best Couple Award with Shin Ae||Empress Cheonchu||Nominated|
|2012||MBC Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama||Can’t Live Without You||Nominated|
|2014||MBC Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama||Everybody, Kimchi!||Nominated|
Kim Ho-jin’s Personal Life
As an actor, he has gotten the chance to work with many other actors and crews. In any movie he starred in, Kim Ho-jin never knew that he would meet with his future wife. In 2000, he starred in a movie More Than Love and met Kim Ji-ho, who later become his wife. They met, and developed a close relationship from working together on the movie, and decided to get married a year later. They held their wedding on December 11, 2001 at the Millennium Seoul Hilton Hotel. 3 years later, a delightful piece of news had been announced. On April 8, 2004, their first daughter was born into the world.
Kim Ho-jin and Kim Ji-ho’s Interest in Travel
The couple is widely known for their huge interest in food and travel. The celebrity couple Kim Ji-ho and Kim Ho-jin published a travel guide book that will be followed by a whole travel series. The couple is known to travel extensively, and visited Thailand in 2007.
A person close to the couple said the two travel whenever they have time, and have great interest in sharing their secrets and making the best out of traveling. He also added that the two will write their travel series based on their rich traveling experience, though each of them have slightly different interests when it comes to travels. Kim Ho-jin is interested in foreign cuisine, while his wife likes foreign accessories.
“Their common hobby solidifies their strong marital bond,” said the person.
Check out their pictures while traveling! What a lovely couple!