Who is Kang Chan-hee?
Kang Chan-hee or better known as SF9’s Chan-hee started his career in the entertainment industry when he was 9 years old. He began his career as child actor in Queen Seondeok that was airing at MBC on 2009. He played the role of Hwarang. He played several roles after his first appearance in Queen Seondeok. In 2016, he appeared in the popular drama Signal. The drama was about a police profiler, Park Hae-young, who found a walkie-talkie that somehow picks up signals from a detective in the past, Lee Jae-han. Chan-hee played the role of Park Sun-woo. Sun-woo was Park Hae-young’s brother who became unfairly convicted for something he didn’t do.
In 2015, Chan-hee’s agency, FNC Entertainment, announced that they are producing a reality show about a pre-debut group called “Neoz School”. Chan-hee joined as one of the members. In 2016, Chan-hee debuted in a K-pop group called SF9, and he chose “Chan-hee” as his stage name.
The Popular Child, Actor Kang Chan-hee
Kang Chan-hee kicked off his debut as Hwarang in a drama called Queen Seondeok. After that , he received a lots of offer to play a young version of the protagonist. Chan-hee also appeared in TVXQ’s Balloon Music Video during his childhood. He appeared as a mini Yoochun, along with his childhood friends ASTRO’s Moonbin and IKON’s Chanwoo.
In 2015, he started playing a teenager character, just like his own age. His popularity rose because of his acting in the popular drama Signal. Chan-hee can deliver his lines really well, and that allows the people who watch him to feel what his character feels during that moment.
People predict that Chan-hee will become a great actor in the future. Let’s wait to see his mature side in the future.
Kang Chan-hee’s Profile
Stage Name : Chan-hee (찬희)
Real Name : Kang Chan-hee (강찬희)
Date of birth : January 17, 2000
Occupation : Idol and Actor
Position : Maknae, Main Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper
Blood Type : A
Height : 174 cm or 5”8’
Weight : 61 kg or 134 lbs
Fun facts :
- Chan-hee was born Hongseong, South Chungcheong, South Korea
- He has a younger brother
- He was a former Fantagio trainee
- He was a part of i-Teen project with ASTRO’s Moonbin
- Chan-hee debuted as actor in 2009 under Fantagio
- He appeared in TVXQ’s Balloon MV as mini Yoochun along with ASTRO’s Moonbin and IKON’s Chanwoo
- He moved to FNC Entertainment in 2013
- He won an art prize when he was a child
- He has appeared in 10 dramas since his debut in 2009
- He has appeared in 2 movies since his debut
- Chan-hee’s hobbies are sleeping, drawing, and playing the piano
- He can play the piano and the violin
- His favorite food is chicken
- He wants to appear in a chicken commercial film because he really loves chicken
- He always asks Inseong to buy chicken for him
- He takes long showers
- He moves slow so his members call him sloth
- He loves reading books, and he sounds mature
- SF9 members said that Chan-hee was great at giving massages
- He graduated from Seoul of Performing Arts School (SOPA) on February, 2018
- He said “I’ve liked SHINee ever since I was young. Taemin sunbaenim is my role model”
- He got SHINee’s lightstick from a fan at a fan signing
- At a fan signing, a fan asked him about his ideal type. Chan-hee said that his ideal type is a noona who has a beautiful heart
- He has an ASTRO-signed album in his house
- He is best friends with ASTRO’s Moonbin and IKON’s Chanwoo