Success Since Debut, The Rising Star ‘Kim Tae-ri’
Kim Tae-ri, who started her career by appearing in theater productions and modelling in TV adverts, is now an actress who’s currently living a Korean version of American dream. Since her debut as an actress on “The Handmaiden” (2016) where she was chosen from among 1500 candidates who auditioned for the role, she has become a true star by winning over several acting awards as ‘Best New Comer’. The actress is currently managed by a mid-size agency called “J-Wide Company (http://www.jwide.co.kr) alongside other famous celebrities : Lee Sang Yoon, Choi Daniel, Kang Yewon, Baek Jin Hee, etc.
The first thing you’ll notice when you meet Kim Tae-ri is just how fresh and flawless she looks. Pair that with her sunny personality and svelte figure and the 28-year-old South Korean actress can easily be mistaken for a college student. Call it serendipity or destiny, call it an X-factor or sheer talent. However you look at it, South Korean actress Kim Tae-ri’s career has been one helluva ride! Keep on reading to get to know about this youthful looking actress’s personal life!
Full Profile of Actress Kim Tae-ri
Name : Kim Tae-ri (김태리 / 金泰梨)
Occupation : Actress and Model
Agency : J-Wide Company
Nationality : South Korean
Date of Birth : April 24, 1990
Place of Birth : Seoul, South Korea
Height : 166 cm
Weight : 46 kg
Blood Type : B
Chinese Zodiac Sign : Horse
Western Zodiac Sign : Taurus
Religion : Irreligious (무종교 / 無宗敎)
Education : Young Shin Women’s Business High School, Kyung Hee University (Journalism and Communication)
Siblings : One older brother
Fancafe Website : http://cafe.daum.net/Kimtaeri
Personal Facts and Trivia About Actress Kim Tae-ri
- She has a brother who is two years older than her.
- She was raised by her grandmother during childhood.
- She supports #metoo movement, which has become an issue in actor’s cultural society recently.
- Her name ‘Kim Tae-ri’ is the name given by her father. She is named after the pear blossom in full bloom in the neighborhood when she was born.
- She liked painting, so she went into the field of art and design to try to challenge art, but then realized that it was not her way. After that, she vaguely dreamed of becoming an announcer and joined the Kyunghee University Department of Mass Communications. Then she found her way onto the theater stage when she was in her second year at university.
- Her parents were supportive of her decision to pursue acting.
- She grew up in what she calls a ‘very poor family’. She had a number of jobs while she attended school and worked at a KFC, a newspaper company, and cafes, before she could finally pursue her acting career.
- She is possibly single, and has not been involved in any affairs or link up rumors.
- She loves to hang out with her friends in spare time, she also posts many pictures with her friends on her Instagram. She has even traveled to Thailand with friends after the movie “The Handmaiden” was all over.
- According to her Instagram posts, she loves to carry different bags and prefers fashionable dresses.
- She lives an independent life with two cats.
- She likes to read a lot of books.
- She admits that her memory is really bad, to the point where she took notes on almost everything.
- She thinks that she doesn’t have deep views on music.
- She likes the winter season.
- She likes to watch movies.
- She has a desire to live in the countryside, but she thinks that every season has their advantages and disadvantages. It must be really hot and painful in summer because countryside doesn’t have an air conditioner. Meanwhile there are so many fun things in the city. If she made a lot of money later, she would like to have a villa in the country.
- She likes exercising, walking, cycling, and so on. She enjoys climbing, especially since she was a child, she would explore the mountain when her mind is complicated.
- She used to sleep in order to heal. But for now, going to the mountain is her new healing time. She often goes to Bukhan Mountain because it’s close to her house, even contacting her friends who like mountains to go together.
- She learned cooking from her mother, but is not very good at it.
- She has learned pilates and kickboxing.
- She plays Playstation when she’s at home. She likes playing RPG games, and also enjoy puzzles and mini blocks.
- She has a hobby of listening to podcasts. She listens to podcasts in various fields such as politics, science, and language, reads novels or discuss topics with books at night.
- Her foot size is 225mm, which is considered small.
- She prefers humorous person who loves animals and talks to himself in style.
- The bangs in her “1987” character are wigs.
- In 2013, she made her theatre debut in ‘Spoonface Steinberg,’ which was written by British playwright, Lee Hall. ‘Spoonface Steinberg’ was first aired on BBC as a monologue in 1997, but due to its popularity, it was later performed on stage.
- In early 2018, she topped the entertainment category of Forbes Korea’s 2030 Power Leaders list, which highlights young up-and-comers in various fields. Not bad for someone who only had a string of short films on her CV a few years ago.
- In 2018, She’ll be seen on TV in the hotly-anticipated K-serial Mr Sunshine opposite Lee Byung Hun, one of Korea’s A-list leading men. The story of the series revolves around a soldier, who returns to his homeland after several years. Upon returning, he falls in love with an aristocrat’s daughter, played by Kim Tae-ri.
- She was described as someone who knows what she wants and what she’s doing, who is very strong, and also very feminine.
- She has become more invested in scents. “In the past, I only used a perfume on special occasions but now, I wear it every day. Scents represent who you are s a person”. Her first-ever perfume was a gift from a suitor“.
- She became the new face of ‘Flower’ by Kenzo (Kenzo Parfums). She was chosen because she has this power to touch a world that is hardening and this wonderful, amazing energy that she spreads to the people around her.
- She doesn’t really know about finances, but she manages her income through her bankbook.
- She likes the numbers 4 and 2, because April 24th is her birthday.
- She likes nature very much.
- She has a big desire to be recognized, which is really strong, and her pride is pretty high.