Details About The RnB Duo Poetic Narrator
Poetic Narrator (or in Korean, it can be read Si Jeok Hwa Ja 시적화자) is a South Korean R&B duo. The RnB duo was formed by C9 Entertainment and it consists of 2 members, Seo A (formerly known with her stage name Juniel) and DOKO. The group debuted on January 23rd, 2020, with their title track “Sometimes I Desperately Want To Be Sick“ from their first album Poetic License.
In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with everything you should know about the RnB duo Poetic Narrator. Let’s find out more about the RnB duo’s activities since debut. Stay tuned and keep scrolling down this article.
Seo A’s Profile
Stage Name: Seo A
Birth Name: Choi Jun-hee
Date of Birth: September 3rd, 1993
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Height: 163 cm
Weight: 47 kg
Blood Type: B
Current Agency: C9 Entertainment
Former Agency: FNC Entertainment
Specialty: writing lyrics, composition
Favorite Color: Yellow
Facts about Seo A
- Seo A is Korean, and she was born in Seoul, South Korea.
- Her birth name was Choi Jun-hee, but she legally changed her name to Choi Suh-ah.
- Her former stage name was Juniel.
- Seo A can speak Japanese and Korean fluently.
- She has a weird habit of eating fruits without removing the rinds.
- Her first electric guitar was named Monami (which means my friend in French).
- She said that she finds it difficult to write sad lyrics because she is a very happy person and has a bright personality.
- The singer feels awkward when she is performing and singing without her guitar because she does not know what to do with her hands.
- Her role model is female solo artist BoA.
- She started to take dance classes when she was in elementary school.
- After realizing that she did not have a particular talent for dancing, she decided to stop learning to dance.
- She can play the guitar and the piano.
- She started taking guitar lessons when she was a third-year student in junior high school.
- She is a fan of Ringo Sheena and Avril Lavigne and started to compose and write songs.
- At first, she was a trainee under Good Entertainment, but the company went inactive in 2009. She then auditioned at FNC Entertainment when she was in the 2nd year of junior high school.
- Seo A became a trainee of FNC Entertainment on the same day as CNBlue’s Jung Yong-hwa.
- She had her guitar lessons at FNC Academy alongside former FT Island member Choi Jong-hun and former CNBLUE member Jong-hyun.
- In South Korea, dance music was more popular and there were not many singers who were singing with a musical instrument. In order to focus on her study in music, Seo A decided to go to Japan in June 2010.
- While studying in Japan, Seo A won the Japanese audition program Niji Iro Supernova beating many other singers and songwriters.
- In Japan, she appeared on many live events such as the one in Tokyo, and she experienced many street live performances there.
- She was the opening-star for Oh Won-bin’s Japan tour & FT Island’s Zeep Tokyo Tour 2011.
- On June 7th, 2012, she released her first title track “Fool” (Featuring CNBLUE‘s Jung Yong-hwa) for her first mini-album in Korea, My First June.
- Yonghwa personally composed this song just for Juniel, Seo A’s former stage name.
- She had many collaborations with many artists and singers, such as with CNBLUE‘s Yonghwa for “Fool” in 2012, CN Blue‘s Jonghyun for “Love Falls” in 2013 (they both were called Romantic J), Phantom‘s Hanhae for “Emotion Is Important” in 2013, Boyfriend‘s Niel for “Spring Love” in 2015, and Jo Yung for “What Planet Are You From” in 2016.
Stage Name: DOKO
Birth Name: Kim Dong-gwan
Date of Birth: February 25th, 1995
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 70 lbs
Facts about DOKO
- DOKO’s stage name means: the Korean sound “ko” means nose, and “do” comes from the real name of Doko.
- When he was in high school, he realized that he wanted to be a singer.
- DOKO likes to watch dramas and movies when he needs inspiration to write songs.
- His favorite singers are Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande. He once said: “Just thinking about their songs makes me feel good.”
- “Bad Mistake” is one of his favorite songs.
- His hobby is lying in his room all alone and doing nothing.
- He said when he does not feel really good or is in a bad mood, he listens to his own songs until he feels inspired.
- The singer has the talent to imitate other people’s voices.
- He can speak English.
Poetic Narrator Official Debut
Early in 2020, C9 Entertainment announced that the agency would debut a new RnB duo named Poetic Narrator. As previously reported, the duo is made up of solo singer Seo A (previously known with her stage name Juniel) and musician/producer Doko.
On January 18th, 2020, the musician duo Poetic Narrator revealed concept photos for their debut album Poetic License.
On January 23rd, 2020, Poetic Narrator officially debuted with their first album release Poetic License with “Sometimes I Desperately Want To Be Sick” as their title track.
On January 30th, 2020, the RnB duo Poetic Narrator had their first-ever debut stage on South Korean music show Mnet’s M Countdown performing their first single titled “Sometimes I Desperately Want To Be Sick.”
Prior to the music video release of Poetic Narrator’s first single “Sometimes I Desperately Want To Be Sick,” the RnB duo had released another music video of their song titled “I’ll Take Half Of Your Sorrows Today.” The music video of “I’ll Take Half Of Your Sorrows Today” was released on January 21st, 2020.
On January 22nd, 2020, Poetic Narrator also released another music video for their song titled “Some Flower.”
Who I Strolled With
After officially debuting on January 23rd, 2020, the RnB duo group Poetic Narrator began to promote and perform their brand new songs.
A few months after debut, Poetic Narrator got a chance to release their first-ever original soundtrack song for tvN’s drama series titled A Piece of Your Mind, the song “Who I Strolled With.” The song was released on April 21st, 2020, as original soundtrack part 4 of the drama series.
C9 Entertainment’s new RnB duo Poetic Narrator often interacts and updates their fans through their group’s official Instagram account.
On June 16th, 2020, Poetic Narrator updated their fans by uploading their new picture on their Instagram. The RnB duo looks gorgeous with their matching stripe clothes.
That was all the information and everything you should know about the RnB duo Poetic Narrator. Please, do not forget to kindly share your thoughts and drop a line in the comment section below!