Park Ji-hoon Wanted to Stop Doing Aegyo, What Happened?
On May 12, 2018, when Wanna One appeared on JTBC’s “Idol Room”, there was a “Fact Check” session about the graduation ceremony of Park Ji-hoon’s aegyo. Park Ji-hoon was asked to do his trademark aegyo, but it seemed he was a bit hesitant and wanted to get past it. He confirmed that he had decided to stop doing his trademark aegyo when everything got out of hand. When asked about his decision, he stated, “I’m going to graduate from “Save you in my heart” and wink aegyo.”
One of the MCs, Jung Hyung-don, asked in surprise, “Have you received the consent of your agency and the national public?” Park Ji-hoon replied, “No, they have not yet agreed to it,” as reported by Soompi.
Park Woo-jin interjected, “This is real. Ji-hoon’s not just saying this here. We’re roommates, and when we were hanging out in our room together, he asked me, ‘Woo-jin, should I stop acting cute?’ I asked why, and he said, ‘I want to be cool from now on,‘” as reported by Soompi.
And Park Ji-hoon confirmed by stating, “To be honest, I have shown a lot of my cute side, and I want to show my cool side now,” as reported by Allkpop.
The MCs jokingly held a graduation ceremony for Park Ji-hoon with a “diploma” certificate. Park Ji-hoon then said, “Before I graduate, I will wink and say “Save you in my heart” for one last time here.” And in the last item of the program, Park Ji-hoon did his wink and “jeojang” aegyo for what was ostensibly the final time after his declaration.
After he did his “last time” aegyo, Kang Daniel stated, “I have seen this article. The word that encapsulates the year of 2017 is ‘Save you in my heart’,” which made Park Ji-hoon felt regretful and said, “But if a lot of people want it…,” one of the MCs, Jang Hyung-don, teasingly cut-in, “No, you must not do it now.” And Yoon Ji-sung added, “We sang and had a graduation ceremony.” Defcon added, “Because you declared today. You should not do it elsewhere.”
Because of this, Park Ji-hoon felt a little bit afraid and hesitant, then he gave the certificate back to Defcon. Defcon jokingly ordered, “Listen to me, all the celebrities. Don’t wink and say ‘Save you in my heart’ anymore. It is over. It is officially over,” which made Park Ji-hoon gasp.
Jang Hyung-don then jokingly added, like almost a threat to Park Ji-hoon, “If you do that again, what are you going to do?” Park Ji-hoon then politely replied, “I am going to give out my headset. I will sign my autograph on both sides and donate it to Idol Room show.” He promised it but he accidentally said, “I will ‘jeojang’ (save) it,” which made Jang Hyung-don and the others surprised. This is very funny because Park Ji-hoon said it out of habit even before the ink on the certificate was dry. What was even more funny is that Lai Guan-lin charged the promise by jokingly exclaiming, “Give it!”
Park Ji-hoon promised that, but he still does the aegyo again, till now, as he did the aegyo in the concert in the Philippines. And he also still did the “wink” aegyo in his first solo “L.O.V.E” music video. It seems like he will give many more autographs, just like his promise, but that doesn’t stop us from appreciating Park Ji-hoon’s aegyo apart from his promise!
Park Ji-hoon’s Fun Facts in Produce 101 Season 2
Mnet’s “Produce 101 Season 2” was the the stepping-stone to success for Park Ji-hoon, as he ended the show in second place, became a member of Wanna One, and had a successful solo debut by releasing the solo mini album “O’CLOCK” and releasing his first, beautifu,l cinematic music video for the son of “L.O.V.E”. Here is the list of Park Ji-hoon’s fun facts during Mnet’s “Produce 101 Season 2” show!
- His lowest ranking in Mnet’s “Produce 101 Season 2” was 3rd place, during episodes 6 and 8.
- The trainees of “Produce 101 Season 2” were given a chance to vote for their fellow trainees when they were asked in episode 5. He had been voted number one in rank by the other trainees, as reported by Koreaboo.
- He also gained the most votes from netizens on the Pann Nate online community for the most handsome / visual contestant in “Produce 101 Season 2”.
- He has already received the full support of Produce 101’s viewers since its 1st episode as he received the 1st place because he became popular after a gif of his wink at the end of the “Pick Me (나야나)” performance went viral.
- He likes the bold look, so his outfits could be very hit or miss. He has a fashion style that is quite unique. However, in episode 5, the other contestants said that Park Ji-hoon is a fashion terrorist.
- During “Produce 101 Season 2”, you can see Park Ji-hoon wearing fluorescent shoelaces in order to stand out from the rest of the contestants, and it was proved that he really did stand out.
- When the Produce 101 viewers first saw Park Ji-hoon in “Produce 101 Season 2”, many netizens thought that he was similar to BTS’ Jeon Jung-kook.
- During the performance of “Pick Me (나야나)” Ver. 2 in “Produce 101 Season 2”, it was revealed that Park Ji-hoon actually winked many times in hopes of being captured at least once on the screen. Because his company is relatively poor when compared to other companies, Park Ji-hoon had to basically promote himself, alone, in order to stand out. He had little screen time, so he saw nothing wrong with getting extra attention positively. Park Ji-hoon was thinking of how to be stand out from the rest of the contestants, as he was from “B” team when most of the interest goes towards Team A and even its center. He worked hard and endlessly, and winked during the performance of “Pick Me (나야나)” Ver. 2 in “Produce 101 Season 2”.
- After the “Pick Me (나야나)” main stage ended, and before the “Pick Me (나야나)” extra stage started, Park Ji-hoon picked up the confetti ahead of time and put it in his pocket and threw confetti on himself and he was caught by the camera, according to Pann Nate that translated by DAEBYUN101.
- In the last episode of “Produce 101 Season 2” , episode 10, he gave Lai Guan-lin a peck on the cheek because Lai Guan-lin asked for a kiss from Park Ji-hoon if Lai Guan-lin entered the top 11 seats, and Park Ji-hoon promised it. Then they both got into the Top 11 seats and Park Ji-hoon said that he was just going to give him a hug and leave, but Lai Guan-lin said that he had to give Lai Guan-lin his kiss. So, Park Ji-hoon quickly gave him a peck on the cheek, but didn’t realize fans had taken photos and videos, which later made their way online.