Get To Know More About OMEGA X’s Kim Tae-dong Here!
OMEGA X (Hangul: 오메가엑스) is a South Korean boy group that debuted on June 30th, 2021, with the mini album VAMOS. It also has 11 members that have mostly already debuted in previous groups. The members are Jaehan, Hwichan, Sebin, Hangyeom, Taedong, Xen, Jehyun, Kevin, Junghoon, Hyuk, and Yechan.
In this article, there’s detailed information about one of the members from OMEGA X who had previously already made an appearance as a former contestant of Boys 24 and Produce 101: Season 2. Let’s take a closer look at OMEGA X’s Taedong starting from his full profile, fun facts, career journey, to his debut era in the article below!
OMEGA X’s Taedong: Profile
Real Name: Kim Tae-dong (Hangul: 김태동)
Stage Name: Taedong (Hangul: 태동)
Birth: Yeoju, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea, November 7th, 1997
Star Sign: Scorpio
Height: 177 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 61 kg
Blood Type: O
Education: Myongji University Social Education Center (Department of Practical Dance / Dropped out)
Family Members: Parents and Two Older Sisters
Official Site: Instagram ( tae_____dong )
OMEGA X’s Taedong: Fun Facts
- OMEGA X’s Taedong is a former member of the group GIDONGDAE.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong’s MBTI is ISFP.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong used to work part-time at a café.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong’s favorite drink is a strawberry latte.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong’s favorite colors are purple and black.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong’s role models are EXO’s Kai and Baekhyun.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong likes cleaning a lot.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong was a contestant on the survival shows Boys24 and Produce 101: Season 2.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong wakes up early to get ready, unlike Hyuk who wakes up in the last 10 minutes.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong and Sebin are apparently the most mom-like members in the group. Taedong tends to clean a lot while Sebin cooks.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong was the fifth member of the group. The company stated that the roman numerals in his debut trailer were incorrect and that it was supposed to be MCVII (meaning 1107 [November 7th]) which is his birthday.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong can create. When he participated in an audition program, he participated in many parts related to choreography and also created the choreography for his pre-debut song.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong was a trainee at Liveworks Company with some members of Shinhwa. He also performed as a backup dancer at Shinhwa’s concert. He has a relationship with Kim Sang-bin, and he was a trainee at the same company.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong seems to wear earrings often.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong’s dream was to become a baker when he was in elementary school.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong is left-handed or ambidextrous. Fans saw him using a whisk while making meringue with his left hand and writing with his right hand.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong is a non-smoker and rarely drinks alcohol according to his sister.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong said that he has a personality that does not swear.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong said that the worst cursing that he has ever done in his life is being an idiot.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong appeared as an extra in an advertisement video for Pepero that starred EXO.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong became friends with Class A when he was on Produce 101: Season 2 and is close to Kang Daniel.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong is also close friends with Joo Won-tak, Ong Seong-woo, and Jeong Se-woon.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong really likes late-night snacks, and whenever the members enter Taedong’s room, they say they often find Taedong eating late-night snacks.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong said that he had never cooked a lot of ramen at once so when he was boiling chapaguri at the dorm, it stuck and turned into a rice cake.
- OMEGA X’s Taedong did an Instagram Live on June 11, 2017, to decide on his autograph.
OMEGA X’s Taedong: Pre-Debut on Mnet’s Produce 101: Season 2
Kim Tae-dong participated as a contestant while a trainee under The Vibble (currently Major 9). He was known as one of the contestants from Produce 101: Season 2 with very good proportions. Although he is 177 cm tall, many people are surprised to see him taller than 180 cm with a small head and broad shoulders. Thanks to his proportions, the suit fits very well with his image.
At the same time, his shoulders are very wide. On Produce 101: Season 2 Episode 5, he measured his shoulder width, but it didn’t show up on the show. So, a curious fan calculated his shoulder width and found it to be about 59 cm.
However, the trainer incorrectly measured the width of the deltoid muscle in a curved shape, not the length between the shoulder blades. The trainer measured Kang Daniel‘s shoulder in a vertical way so the shoulder width actually is not 59 cm.
When he appeared on Produce 101: Season 2, he was praised by trainers for his perfect triangular depiction, and he even climbed from Grade F to Grade A. Overall, Kim Tae-dong’s appearances on Boys 24 and Produce 101: Season 2 are very, very small. Despite the salty broadcast, his rankings have risen steadily through fancams as well as his skills and charms, and so he is said to be self-employed.
Although the number of Kim Tae-dong’s appearances was small during Boys 24, he succeeded in driving the enthusiasm of fans. After that, he appeared on Produce 101: Season 2 and achieved a high score of 30. Kim Tae-dong, who was initially Grade F, received attention after being readjusted to Grade A by perfectly digesting the choreography of many songs on the show.
Since most of the trainees appearing on Produce 101: Season 2 were from small and medium-sized agencies, most of the trainees left their agency. It became a situation where fans could not easily talk about their agency transfers.
However, on July 28, 2017, when Produce 101: Season 2 ended and the project group JBJ was being prepared, there was a conflict with the agency The Vibble. Fans who heard this news have long since suffered from the agency’s insufficient care. Because of this, there was a lot of talk among fans.
On November 23, 2018, Kim Tae-dong uploaded a handwritten apology to the effect that the relationship was restored through a conversation with his agency, Major 9, through Instagram, and that he would continue to work with the current agency.
OMEGA X’s Taedong: Debut As Gidongdae’s Member
2Y Entertainment as the label management of Gidongdae said, “The boy group consisting of Lee Ki-won, Kim Tae-dong, Kim Ye-hyeon, and Wonjin is in full swing in preparations for their debut as a group. We ask for your interest.”
With the news of their debut, the Mobile Team started releasing profile images for each member sequentially through official social media since July 2019. In the images, Lee Ki-won, Kim Tae-dong, and Kim Ye-hyun are wearing black jackets and boasting warm visuals and dandy charms.
In particular, the three of them show a calm atmosphere by looking down and away from the camera as well as using a natural pose, raising expectations for a complete figure.
Lee Ki-won, Kim Tae-dong, and Kim Ye-hyun previously appeared on Mnet’s Produce 101: Season 2 and made their name known. Kim Tae-dong and Kim Ye-hyun received a lot of love as boys in the concept evaluation, and Lee Ki-won showed off their skills while working in the group Rainz.
Through Gidongdae’s pre-debut music video that was released on June 3, 2020, fans were presented with a cute and adorable performance from Gidongdae’s members while on vacation at the beach with the title song “Party Like This.”
What do you think about Gidongdae’s Taedong’s debut era?