Get To Know More About a South Korean Boy Group That Debuted in 2018, NTB a.k.a Never Take a Break, Here!
There are so many South Korean groups that have debuted and survived their career journeys. Not all boy groups that have debuted get the same opportunity to promote well such as Naughty Boys, also known as Never Take A Break, which debuted in 2018.
In this article, there’s an underrated South Korean boy group named NTB that promoted with 6 members that consisted of L.Min, Seowoong, G.O, Youngbo, Jaeha, and Hyobin. They actively promoted for 3-4 years before announcing their disbandment. Well, without waiting any longer, let’s find out more about NTB from their full profile, fun facts, debut era, and more in the article below!
NTB’s L.Min’s Profile
Real Name: Jeon Sangmin (Hangul: 전상민)
Stage Name: L.Min (Hangul: 엘민)
Birth: December 17th, 1990
Star Sign: Sagittarius
Height: 175 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
Blood Type: B
Position in the Group: Leader, Main Vocalist
NTB’s L.Min’s Facts
- NTB’s L.Min was one of the members accused of abuse towards an ex-member, Seokyu, but the accusations were found to be false.
- NTB’s L.Min’s hobbies are listening to music, playing football, and watching variety shows and dramas.
- NTB’s L.Min’s specialty is dancing.
- NTB’s L.Min’s favorite musicians are SE7EN, Usher, and Brian McKnight.
NTB’s Seowoong’s Profile
Real Name: Joo Seo-woong (Hangul: 주서웅)
Stage Name: Seowoong (Hangul: 서웅)
Birth: May 14th, 1991
Star Sign: Taurus
Height: 174 cm (5’9″)
Weight: 68 kg (149 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Position in the Group: Lead Vocalist
NTB’s Seowoong’s Facts
- NTB’s Seowoong’s hobbies are playing football and listening to music while walking.
- NTB’s Seowoong’s specialties are cheerleading and exercising.
- NTB’s Seowoong’s favorite musicians are Yoon Jong-shin and Kim Kwang-seok.
NTB’s G.O’s Profile
Real Name: Hwang Tae-geun (Hangul: 황태근)
Stage Name: G.O (Hangul: 지오)
Birth: October 11th, 1991
Star Sign: Libra
Height: 181 cm (5’11”)
Weight: 67 kg (147 lbs)
Blood Type: AB
Position in the Group: Vocalist, Main Rapper
NTB’s G.O’s Facts
- NTB’s G.O was one of the members accused of abuse towards an ex-member, Seokyu, but the accusations were found to be false.
- NTB’s G.O’s hobbies are watching dramas, movies, and variety shows, sports, “reading” (he likes to pretend), appreciating music, and rapping.
- NTB’s G.O’s specialties are being a goofball, rapping, singing, dancing, and playing.
- NTB’s G.O’s favorite musicians are Zion.T, iKON’s Bobby, Crush, Jay Park, Swings, BIGBANG’s G Dragon, Bruno Mars, and BLOCK B’s Zico.
NTB’s Youngbo’s Profile
Real Name: Shin Youngbo (Hangul: 신영보)
Stage Name: Youngbo (Hangul: 영보)
Birth: March 15th, 1992
Star Sign: Pisces
Height: 180 cm (5’11”)
Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)
Blood Type: B
Position in the Group: Lead Rapper
NTB’s Youngbo’s Facts
- NTB’s Youngbo’s hobbies are reading and watching movies.
- NTB’s Youngbo’s specialty is acting.
- NTB’s Youngbo’s favorite musician is Choi Minseok.
NTB’s Jaeha’s Profile
Real Name: Park Jinseong (Hangul: 박진성)
Stage Name: Jaeha (Hangul: 재하)
Birth: August 10th, 1993
Star Sign: Leo
Height: 184 cm (6’0″)
Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)
Blood Type: B
Position in the Group: Vocalist
NTB’s Jaeha’s Facts
- NTB’s Jaeha’s hobby is watching movies.
- NTB’s Jaeha’s specialties are taekwondo, moving his eyebrows, and eating delicious food.
- NTB’s Jaeha’s favorite musician is Rain.
NTB’s Hyobin’s Profile
Real Name: Lee Hyobin (Hangul: 이효빈)
Stage Name: Hyobin (Hangul: 효빈)
Birth: November 17th, 1995
Star Sign: Scorpio
Height: 182 cm (6’0″)
Weight: 74 kg (162 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Position in the Group: Vocalist, Visual, Maknae
NTB’s Hyobin’s Facts
- NTB’s Hyobin’s hobbies are watching sad movies, listening to new music, ad watching YouTube.
- NTB’s Hyobin’s favorite musicians are Luther VanDross, John Legend, and Sam Smith.
There was a 9-member male idol group, and it was planned as the second season of Pure which was active in the same agency. Therefore, their English name is Pure Boy. In January 2015, the single album When White Snow Falls caused a sensation in Japan Tower Records and ranked 3rd on the Japan Tower Records K-Pop chart for two weeks.
They continued their activities in Japan on July 1, 2015. After releasing a single album through Universal Music Japan, a major Japanese record label, in the first week of July, it set a phenomenal record for a rookie group, topping the Japan Tower Records chart for three weeks in a row and reaching #5 on the Oricon chart.
There is a rumor that the competence of the representative producer Park Sang-hyun, who wrote the lyrics and produced the song himself, played a part.
However, they colluded with the manager who was in charge of the concert hall in Japan, Hwang Tae-geun (G.O), and the eldest member Jeon Sangmin (L.Min), which led to the members leaving, and they were active in Japan under the name Naughty Boys (NTB).
The first music video teaser from NTB was released, raising curiosity. On May 14, 2018, the agency High Choice Entertainment released the teaser for their debut song “Dramatic” for their first mini-album through official SNS and YouTube channels.
The teaser video, which opens as if a movie is beginning, caught viewers’ attention by rapidly changing through various scenes such as an alarm clock, the scenery of a Japanese night street, and the appearance of the six NTB members running towards somewhere.
In particular, unlike the general teaser video, the sound was filled only with sound effects without any BGM, making the video stand out, adding a more mysterious feeling to it, and inducing curiosity. At the end of the video, the song “Dramatic” was inserted briefly, further amplifying the curiosity of the fans.
NTB, which debuted first in Japan in 2016 and quickly built a strong fandom through active local activities, planned to leave a strong presence with the public with splendid music and performances through their domestic debut album Dramatic.
NTB set their foot in the South Korean music industry with their first music video and mini album. “Dramatic” is accompanied by trendy future bass music as well as cool vocals and raps from the members. In the music video, we can see the appearance of the six NTB members dancing outdoors with various beautiful scenic backgrounds.
NTB’s Debut Performances
NTB’s members are not idols who debuted on stage to the first time because, previously, they had debuted as Pure Boys members a few years ago before they re-debuted as NTB’s members.
Their debut performance was also powerful enough while bringing “Dramatic” to the stage. Let’s find out more about NTB’s debut performance in the session below!
On July 13, 2018, NTB held their debut stage on KBS’ Music Bank while having fun with their debut song “Dramatic.” The members were very energetic while doing the choreography and singing live on stage. They also had some backup dancers to support their debut performance that was aired on television.
What do you think about NTB’s debut performance?
NTB released their debut single “Dramatic” on May 28, 2018. Apart from their debut single, NTB has not released any other songs and focused on their promoting activities for a little. Unfortunately, NTB doesn’t have any singles besides their debut song, “Dramatic.”