Learn More About NCT 127’s Johnny
Johnny is a Korean-American singer and rapper under SM Entertainment. He is a member of the boy band NCT and the subunit NCT 127. Their name stands for the Hallyu localization project Neo Culture Technology which describes the group’s concept of having an unlimited number of members divided into multiple subunits based in various cities worldwide.
NCT 127 is one of the units of NCT that is based in South Korea, the members are not only from South Korea, but from all around the world, and the number 127, which represents the longitudinal coordinate of Seoul. Johnny is one of the foreign members that debuted in NCT.
Let’s get to know him better!
Profile and Facts of Johnny
Korean Name: Seo Young-ho (서영호)
English Name: John Seo
Stage Name: Johnny
Position: Lead Rapper, Lead dancer, and vocalist
Place of birth: Chicago, USA.
Date of Birth: February 9th, 1995
Blood Type: B
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Height: 184 cm
Weight: 68 kg (149 lbs)
Facts About Johnny
- Johnny is an only child.
- His nicknames are “Everybody’s oppa,” “One and Only,” and “Johnny-cal.”
- Education: School of Performing Arts Seoul, Glenbrook North High School.
- Johnny trained with fellow EXO members until they started preparing for debuting.
- He has been training for more than 8 years.
- When he was younger he wanted to become an actor or a veterinarian.
- During high school, he used to play volleyball.
- He can speak Korean and English fluently.
- He can play the piano.
- He also studied how to play the saxophone, but according to Johnny, he wasn’t good at it.
- His hobbies are reading and watching movies/videos, as well as photography.
- Putting his hands and rubbish in his pockets, and biting lips are his habits.
- Specialties: rapping, and dancing (popping).
- He has a birthmark on the left of his hip.
- His foot size is 280 mm.
- He loves cute things.
- He is clumsy. He often bumps into things and trips on stairs.
- Coldplay is his favorite artist.
- He is close to Kai, Chanyeol, Suho, and Sehun from EXO.
- Johnny and Jaehyun are DJs for the NCT Night Night radio.
- He says he is very thankful whenever Doyoung cooks something for him.
- Johnny messages the most in the NCT 127 group chat but mainly Mark replies because his jokes aren’t that funny in Korean.
- Johnny & Taeyong are roommates.
- He is very confident.
- He likes to help others.
- His favorite number is 2.
- His favorite color is Blue.
- His favorite pizza topping is Jalapeno.
- His favorite soup is the Chili soup.
- His favorite fruit is watermelon.
- His favorite smoothie flavor is strawberry-banana.
- He admires Usher.
- His favorite actor is Tom Hanks.
- He really wants to try sky diving.
- He loves to ride the giant drop at the amusement parks.
- He wishes to visit Italy.
- The first country that he visited (beside Korea) was Thailand.
- He got his driver license when he was 18 years old.
- Other members say that he’d be the best father out of the NCT members because he’s sweet and comprehensive.
- His motto: “Let’s have fun.”
- NCT position: Energy.
- He is the scariest member because he shows affection in a rough manner and he often pulls them into headlocks/chokeholds.
- Usher’s “Moving Mountains” was the song that made him want to be an artist.
- Would want to switch bodies with Mark.
- Johnny’s ideal type is someone who smiles at him a lot, a girl like Yoona from SNSD.
- Johnny has tattoos. Not only him, some NCT members like Taeyong and Ten also has tattoos.
NCT Member from America
Johnny is a foreign member of the subunit group NCT 127. Johnny was cast into SM Entertainment through the SM Global Audition in Chicago in September 2007. He sang a hymn for his audition piece. Since then, he became one of the foreign trainees of SM Entertainment.
In 2013, Johnny was shown to the public as a trainee of SM Rookies. He has been appearing through regularly-scheduled performances at SM TOWN Theatre in Coex Artium every other Saturday since August 2015. Besides rapping, he can dance and he also can play the piano very well.
Here are some photos of him before his debut with NCT 127.
NCT 127 (엔씨티 127) is the 2nd subunit of the boy band NCT. The subunit currently consists of 10 members: Taeil, Johnny, Taeyong, Doyoung, Yuta, Jaehyun, Win Win, Jungwoo, Mark, Haechan. NCT 127 debuted on July 7th, 2016, under SM Entertainment. However, Johnny and Doyoung joined the group a year later in January 2017 and followed by Jungwoo in September 2018. Johnny debuted after he had been a trainee of SM Entertainment for more than 8 years until he officially debuted as a member of NCT.
Johnny officially made his debut on January 6th, 2017, where he was added as a new member of NCT 127, with the mini-album, NCT #127 Limitless.
● On January 5th, NCT 127 released the music video for “Limitless,” the title track of their second EP, Limitless.
● On June 14th, NCT 127 released their third EP Cherry Bomb with “Cherry Bomb” as the lead single.
● On March 14th, 2018, they released the single “Touch” from the full-length studio album Empathy as a part of NCT 2018. NCT 2018 is the group that collects all active unit groups of NCT into one group.
● On May 23rd, NCT 127 released their Japanese debut EP Chain via Avex Trax.
● On October 12th, NCT 127 released their first full-length album, Regular-Irregular.
● On November 23rd, NCT 127 released the repackaged edition of Regular-Irregular, titled Regulate, along with the lead single “Simon Says.”
● On March 18th, the group released “Wakey-Wakey” as the lead single to their first Japanese studio album, Awaken, which was released on April 17th.
● In the same month, the group announced their fourth EP, We Are Superhuman, which is set to be released on May 24th, 2019.
Before his debut, in 2016, Johnny was featured in the music video of J-Min’s “Ready For Your Love.”
Variety and Radio Shows
Johnny and his fellow NCT member Jaehyun was a host/DJ in a radio show called NCT’s night night. The two members hosted the nightly radio show since 2017 and shared many memories with their fans.
However, NCT‘s Johnny and Jaehyun have announced that their radio program NCT’s Night Night came to an end due to their tight schedules as NCT 127’s would hold their tour in America.
Fans were very sad to hear the news, since the radio show was a special place for fans where they can find out various kinds of NCT member activities, such as rare personal and behind the scene stories that they cannot hear anywhere else.
오래도록 기억할 재디쟌디의 첫모습과 마지막모습 pic.twitter.com/fpfEY2V1cD
— 제이미 (@JAYME0214) January 23, 2019
NCT’s Johnny also has joined as a member of Lipstick Prince season 2 replacing his group member Doyoung. Lipstick Prince is a South Korean beauty show distributed by OnStyle. The show features 7 idols who would learn about make-up techniques. The show aims to break the stereotype that make-up is only for females and to encourage discussion of cosmetics, makeovers, and beauty among male idols.
In 2016, Johnny was finally able to show off another extraordinary talent, A Disc Jockey or DJ. He took the stage as DJ Johnny at the 2016 Spectrum Dance Music Festival, working the turntables as a part of SM Entertainment’s special Dreamcatcher stage.
Then, on October 28th, 2016, he participated in a collaboration single “Nightmare” through SM STATION Season 1. It is a collaboration single by Yoon Do-hyun, Reddy, G2, Inlayer & Johnny.
Latest News of Johnny
In January 2019, NCT 127 held their first concert tour, Neo City – The Origin. NCT 127 will extend their tour to North America, with twelve tour dates in April and May 2019.
Despite his busy and tight schedule as a part of NCT 127, he still manages to update his activities and communicate with his fans through NCT 127’s official SNS accounts.
Best new batting duo? 😝
— NCT 127 (@NCTsmtown_127) May 16, 2019
NCT 127 will be making their first comeback of 2019 this May 24th with their 4th mini-album, NCT #127 WE ARE SUPERHUMAN.
That was all the information about NCT 127’s Johnny; his profile, interesting and rare facts about him, discography, etc. Don’t forget to share your thoughts and opinions in the comment section below!