MYNAME Member, Kim Se-yong
Kim Se-yong is a South Korean singer, rapper, and actor. He began his acting career two years earlier, appearing in the television series Green Coach. He also released his first mini-album Connection independent from MYNAME in Japan in May 2019. Kim Se-yong made his debut with MYNAME in 2011 after he signed a contract with H2 Media. Before, Kim Se-yong accepted the offer to become a trainee of JYP Entertainment, but after he spent three years training under the entertainment label he decided to leave and pursue acting. Later on, he was motivated to become a singer again after seeing a 2PM performance at a concert. In this article, Channel-Korea will provide you with details about Kim Se-yong. Stay tuned!
Full Profile and Facts
- Stage Name: Seyong (세용)
- Full Name: Kim Se-yong (김세용)
- Date of Birth: November 20th, 1991
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Height: 177 cm
- Weight: 59 kg
- Blood Type: O
- Occupation: singer, rapper, actor
- Labels: H2 Media, YM3D, Virgin
- Associated Acts: MYNAME
- Education: Seoul National University of Fine Arts, major in Theater and Film
- Has an older sister.
- In his youth, he aspired to become a soccer player.
- A friend uploaded Kim’s photos onto an ulzzang website, which resulted in him being offered to become a trainee under JYP Entertainment. In middle school, Seyong was a trainee of JYP Entertainment for three years (He left due to personal reasons).
- He speaks Korean and Japanese.
- He was part of the Let’s Go Dream Team 2 cast (semi-regular).
- Seyong participated in the dancing competition Hit The Stage. (Episode 7-8)
- He acted in the movie Shinokubo Story (2013).
- In April 2014, he participated in the show Idol Dance Battle D-Style, where he placed 1st.
- He participated in The Unit survival show and passed the auditions.
Becoming a Power Ranger
Kim Seyong was cast in Power Rangers Dino Force Brave, where he played Kwon Ju-yong, the Brave Red Dino. Power Rangers Dino Force Brave is a 2017 South Korean tokusatsu television show produced by Daewon Media, the same company which distributes the Super Sentai Series in South Korea under the “Power Rangers” label despite being unrelated to Saban Brands. It serves as a sequel to the 2013 Super Sentai Series, Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger. The majority of the main cast is composed of K-Pop artists and there are some Japanese artists.
Debut with MYNAME
On July 30th, 2011, Fly to the Sky’s Hwanhee announced that he would be debuting a five-member boy band known as Hwanhee Boys sometime in September or October of that year after he trained them for two years. Five members were introduced: Seyong, Insoo, Jun.Q, Gunwoo, and Chaejin and they would debut as Myname. Seyong debuted as a rapper in the idol group Myname in 2011. He was a trainee for an accumulated five years and nine months, the longest period among his bandmates.
Prior to his debut as a recording artist, Kim Seyong appeared on Seoul Broadcasting System’s (SBS) 2009 television series Green Coach. He was also cast in KBS2’s drama Believe in Love as Lee Seong-min, a member of a fictional idol group. Seyong served as a backup dancer for Hwanhee during performances of the single “Love Pain” and was featured on the album track “I Love You I Love You.”
Appearance in KBS’ The Unit
Kim Seyong participated in the survival competition program The Unit: Idol Rebooting Project along with bandmates JunQ, Chaejin, and Gunwoo. It was their first domestic promotional activity in two years. The Unit: Idol Rebooting Project was a South Korean survival reality show on KBS2. The purpose of the show was to form male and female unit groups of nine members each, among idols who had already debuted. The show was aiming to give them a fair chance to demonstrate their talents that they may not have been able to showcase before. The participants competed to become a member of the all-male unit UNB. Kim advanced into the final round but did not rank in the upper tier.