Everything You Need to Know About the South Korean Boy Band MONSTA X’s Lead Dancer and Visual – Hyungwon
Chae Hyung-won was born on January 15, 1994 in Gwangju, South Korea. He is the main dancer, vocalist and visual of the South Korean hip-hop boy band, Monsta X, which was formed at the 2015 Mnet survival event No Mercy.
In this article, Channel-Korea will introduce you with everything you need to know about MONSTA X’s Lead dancer who has a perfect visual, Hyungwon. So, stay tuned!
MONSTA X’s Hyungwon’s Full Profile
Stage Name: Hyungwon (형원)
Birth Name: Chae Hyung-won (채형원)
Position: Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Visual
Date of Birth: January 15th, 1994
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height: 181 cm (5’11”)
Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
Blood Type: O
Facts About MONSTA X’s Hyungwon
- He was born in Gwangju, South Korea.
- He was the 4th trainee confirmed as a member of Monsta X (after the survival TV show No Mercy).
- He was born before Seollal (Lunar New Year), so he is being considered as a 93-liner though he technically was born in 1994.
- He has a younger brother Kyungwon (who already served in the military).
- He was 19 years old when he moved to Seoul.
- He is known for his thick lips.
- He is the one who sleeps the most. (He can sleep even 29 hours straight).
- He said he sleeps like a corpse.
- He is usually quiet and calm.
- Before joining Monsta X, Hyung Won was a popular model. He participated in a lot of fashion shows.
- He participated in the W Hotel & CeCi fashion show (No Mercy episode 2)
- He also had an endorsement deal with LITMUS (clothes brand; spring ’15)
- He appeared in SURE magazine (July 2015).
- Hyorin was surprised by Hyunwon’s handsome appearance the first time she met him.
- Hyungwon learned dancing at JoyDance academy in his hometown (Minhyuk and I.M attended the same academy).
- He is confident in his dancing skills.
- He loves traveling. His parents own a travel agency, where he used to work when he was younger.
- During school days, his nickname was “Dooly” because he had chubby cheeks.
- Hyungwon thinks chubby people are the cutest in the world. (Monsta X’s Fancafe Attack – 4th Holiday 161130).
- Admits that he has searched his name online.
- Hyungwon is often referred to as “the meme guy” because of his many memes.
- He said that on Pepero Day (similar to Valentine’s Day, but held on November 11th in South Korea), he would like to give peperos to Monsta X’s fans.
- Shownu said he didn’t expect to debut together with such a handsome guy as Hyungwon.
- The most confident part of his face: eyelashes (150212 press con).
- Fans said Hyungwon looks even more handsome in person.
- He always wears black underwear.
- He is afraid of everything that has more than eight legs.
- He likes folk music and he appreciates singers Jack Johnson and John Legend.
- Kihyun said he’d like a duet with Hyungwon.
- He is a terrible cook, according to his bandmates.
- Hyungwon is a picky eater and gets full easy.
- Hyungwon has a tiny little mole in the middle of his bottom lip.
- He has quite a 4D personality.
- He has an awful handwriting.
- His favorite foods are seasoned pork ribs (pork bbq), sashimi, salted fried giant shrimp.
- His favorite color is black.
- Hobbies: Modeling and shopping.
- He is the best actor in the group.
- His first impression of Monsta X was that they’re strong, now he thinks they’re cute.
- He mentioned that a celebrity he is close with beside Monsta X members is UNIQ’s Sungjoo.
- He thought Shownu practiced silence when he first met him because he had never seen him talk.
- It gives him strength when the members say he’s handsome.
- When he was young, he was obsessed with sun chips.
- He prefers soft peaches over hard ones.
- He mentioned Minhyuk was the member who he got close to the easiest.
- He gets the angriest when someone has no manners.
- Hyungwon said he usually listens to Adele before falling asleep. (vLive – THE 5TH MINI ALBUM).
- He is one of the main cast of a drama titled Please Find Her (KBS2, 2017), playing the role of Ik-Soo.
- Hyungwon is known by their fans as the “King Of Visual Compliments” because his visual appearance always gets praised every time they appear on shows, radio broadcasts, etc.
- He speaks Chinese.
- During their appearance on Weekly Idol (episode 297), Hyungdon and Defconn (Doni and Koni) thought that Hyungwon was Chinese. Hyungwon said yes and fooled the hosts of the show. Doni and Koni were fooled by Hyungwon’s acting and said that he is a good actor that he convinced them that he was Chinese.
- In the old dorm, he used to share a room with Wonho and Shownu.
- Update: In the new dorm, he shares a room with Shownu and Jooheon.
- Wonho picked Hyungwon as the one with whom he would exchange bodies with so that he will not have problems related to clothes.
- Hyungwon is known for his Praying Mantis Dance.
- Hyungwon is the weakest member because every time he wakes up he coughs, as revealed by the members.
- He can make his veins in the arms move like waves. (Weekly Idol episode 297)
- Hyungwon and his family lived in Wiesbaden, Germany for three months.
- Hyungwon is also a DJ and he is known as DJ H.One.
- He will collaborate with Hongbin of VIXX on the song “Cool Love.”
- Hyungwon’s ideal type: “A woman who is wise and kind.”
Debut with MONSTA X
MONSTA X consists of 7 members: Shownu, Wonho, Minhyuk, Kihyun, Hyungwon, Joohoney, and I.M. They were brought together through the survival program No Mercy. MONSTA X debuted on May 14th, 2015, under Starship Entertainment. Monsta X is also under the US label Maverick Agency as of February 26th, 2019. Hyungwon debuted with MONSTA X when he was 21 years old (international calculations).
Lately, Monsta X ‘Hyungwon has become the center of attention of many fans, especially Monbebe (the name for MONSTA X’ fans). This is because the love relationship is revealed, plus the evidence that has spread in the online community. Fans suspect Hyungwon has been dating anchorwoman Kim Yoon-hee for four years. Evidence was uploaded to the South Korean online community from each of Kim Yoon-hee’s social media posts, which made fans even more convinced by their allegations.
The first evidence is from Kim Yeon-hee’s Facebook post on February 20, 2014. At that time she shared her graduation moment from Sungshin Women University and mentioned Hyungwon’s name, “Congratulations to my classmates, and I thank my family, Yoon Sun, Hyungwon, and Hyun Woo who came for me “.
In the comments column, Kim Yoon-hee also seems to be promising a meeting with her friend with Hyungwon. Other evidence from one of the photos on Instagram shows its closeness with other Monsta X members. Kim Yoon-hee wrote support for I.M who was the MC for the Arirang ‘Simply K-Pop’ program, along with a box that read ‘Be kind to me. I miss you ’who is believed to be Hyungwon’s handwriting.
In another Instagram photo, Kim Yeon-hee uploaded a selfie with edits as if she would be kissed by a man and wrote a caption, “My boyfriend is manjjitnam”. Manjjitnam is a term for men who have extraordinary looks like manga characters, and it turns out it is also a nickname from Hyungwon.
While in another post, she gave the name of her pet dog ‘Mon Bebe’, which is considered to indirectly attack fans. Kim Yeon-hee even wrote a reply to the fans who sent her a message on Instagram. She asked fans to be able to distinguish between work and personal life.
The news of courtship was also reinforced by Shownu’s remarks in one of the interview sessions. At that time, Shownu mentioned Hyungwon as the most charming member when dating, as well as the type who was loyal to one woman. The statement is like a code that supports the rumor that Hyungwon has long been dating Kim Yeon-hee.
Hyungwon also briefly sent a picture of him with his lover in a chat column, “My girlfriend is dressed very well”. The news was immediately rectified by the Starship Entertainment agency. They confirmed that Hyungwon had dated, but had broken up since the beginning of 2016. Starship is ready to take legal action on whoever spreads the rumor.
Becoming a DJ
Aside from being a member of the idol group Monsta X, Hyungwon also has a solo career as a DJ. With the stage name DJ H.One, the singer of the song “Shine Forever” has entertained many EDM music fans with his songs.
On June 9th, 2018, Hyungwon even had the chance to perform for the second time in one of Korea’s largest EDM music festivals, Ultra Music Korea Festival. This event presents big names like Zedd, David Guetta, The Chainsmokers.